So they removed shooting whilst jumping...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Battlefield 4
  3. So they removed shooting whilst jumping...

User Info: Muffinz0rz

Muffinz0rz
3 years ago#1
Anyone else as upset about this as I am?

Maybe not everyone else does this as much as I do, but since my CoD days it sorta became a habit to jump when I came around the corner at the same time as someone else, or when someone else came up behind me. It ended up being fairly successful, especially when I run around with a shotgun. They'll miss their first shot or two and I'll retaliate with a mid-air shotgun blast to the noggin.

It's somewhat of a second-to-last-ditch effort, but now I end up looking like an idiot for not shooting someone right in my face while I'm mid-jump.

I guess it's not a total loss since we can still shoot whilst parachuting, but still. Was there really a reason to actively remove it?
Not changing this sig until Pat Benatar is in Super Smash Bros. (Started 8/31/2010)
3DS Friend Code: 1075 - 0844 - 9134 - GHOST: Pumkaboo, Lampent, Dusclops.

User Info: Syco Clown

Syco Clown
3 years ago#2
Personally I find it stupid to be able to do it so I like that it was removed...however, I can't say I noticed it gone without you mentioning it.
Obscure Creations

User Info: Kosba_2142

Kosba_2142
3 years ago#3
Last ditch effort? I dare you to go buy a gun and jump off a 4 foot ledge while shooting it
CATS. That's about it honestly...

User Info: Defunctive

Defunctive
3 years ago#4
I guess to make it more "realistic."
PSN: Defunctive

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
3 years ago#5
More like as a middle finger to bunny hoppers
I am the mighty thesaurus! RAWR!

User Info: Sir_Burpalot21

Sir_Burpalot21
3 years ago#6
Hey hey, remember when dolphin diving was a thing?
"Jack Tretton, chief executive of Sony Computer Entertainment America, says he is pleased to see so many unsold PS3s sitting on shelves." -IGN

User Info: KamiNoAgito

KamiNoAgito
3 years ago#7
I also miss it, it adds flavors to just a direct confrontation between two people shooting each other that is usually dictated by what guns they're using (higher rpm usually wins). Realism my ass, you're talking about realism in a game where someone could spawn out of their squadmate's rear hole and could recover from damage by hiding behind a wall for 10 seconds.

User Info: bob15x

bob15x
3 years ago#8
how many times have you seen video of soldiers in battle in real life jumping around corners shooting.

User Info: Syco Clown

Syco Clown
3 years ago#9
Still bunny hopping is lame and looks stupid even if it is effective. I prefer it gone :P
Obscure Creations

User Info: PSP_H0mebrew

PSP_H0mebrew
3 years ago#10
Good.

Combat in Battlefield 2 (until they patched it) was literally just jumping around and dolphin diving over and over until somebody got lucky with the random deviation and got a kill.

By far one of the stupidest things I have ever seen In a game.
Carey Price is a terrible Goalie. *RTS > MOBA*
http://i.imgur.com/JGn2l.gif Montreal Canadiens Fan
  1. Boards
  2. Battlefield 4
  3. So they removed shooting whilst jumping...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived