Stormblood healers and tanks sound AWFUL

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. Stormblood healers and tanks sound AWFUL

User Info: benjjjamin

benjjjamin
6 months ago#31
Uta posted...
Ben you can't complain about doted on Jobs when you jumped from War to Dragoon the moment they were playable, and have received nothing but buffs since then.

No, I jumped from war to drg when monks beat them by 50 on 300 dps. I went from one pariah to another.

You are mistaken.

Nerf drg. Get monk invites. I have openly called to make monk raid relevant.

I am above politics of jobs. I don't like disembowel's stranglehold on raid composition. That's why I actively attack bard and mch fanboys as a guy who benefits from them being imbalanced.

There are hundreds...hundreds...of archived posts of me on drg in the bad years.

Ignorant.
Language warning:
http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-harsh-truths-that-will-make-you-better-person/

User Info: Uta

Uta
6 months ago#32
It's cute that you think that when you were still being brought for bard who was brought for a caster DPS. Magic resistance was a bit of an issue back then, but then you weren't so bad that you actually got hit, did you? Every group I talked too consistently said they'd prefer Dragoon for the synergy if they could find one that wasn't a floor tank.

Then 3 and half years of developer subsidy later you're still sticking to it, and the buffs are only going up.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.

User Info: benjjjamin

benjjjamin
6 months ago#33
Uta posted...
It's cute that you think that when you were still being brought for bard who was brought for a caster DPS

B-b-b-backpedaller lol...

I was taken because I'm good on any job, and I don't change jobs based on fad nor do I play with teams who only take certain comps, which was monk, 3 ranged at the time regardless of these fake teams you "talked to." Liar.

Unlike you, I have a set of ethics and principles.
Language warning:
http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-harsh-truths-that-will-make-you-better-person/

User Info: random_noobie

random_noobie
6 months ago#34
Zurriah posted...
What I find hilarious is that even with the constant AST buffs and the trainwreck that is White Mage and Scholar being brought down a peg, outside of savage the White Mage and Scholar population will STILL at least double if not triple that of AST. Which tells me that most people just don't care about this sort of thing.

that's because gamefaqs/reddit/official forums are 5% of the population or less.

90% of the people that play this don't read the forums or care about how "nerfed" a class has gotten. they like WHM? they'll play it.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
FC: 0404-5961-8354

User Info: Uta

Uta
6 months ago#35
benjjjamin posted...
Uta posted...
It's cute that you think that when you were still being brought for bard who was brought for a caster DPS

B-b-b-backpedaller lol...

k-k-k-keep on dodging the fact that you're on dev subsidy since 2.3 boss man. You've got nothing to complain about. Then again, you're also the same person who thought that Bennus was when Healer DPS became a thing, so it makes since that you might not have understood the meta back then either.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.

User Info: Etherstream

Etherstream
6 months ago#36
Someone quoted wow resto shaman above.... The problem with Wow is that elemental shaman gained healing benefits and elemental shaman could be the highest dps, tank, and the healer in 5 man dungeons. Crossing skills like wow makes classes way too strong.

User Info: GameplayZero

GameplayZero
6 months ago#37
Zurriah posted...
You might pass up on an entire expansion because 2 out of 15 jobs aren't as god-tier as they used to be? Okay buddy, you have fun with that.

Or, you could just grow a pair and stick it out. Balance changes all the time. I stuck with Astrologian for months when it came out despite all the problems it had, now look where it is.

I'm a healer and tank main. Aside from astro and possibly paladin, the changes sound eh.

and I've mentioned the two jobs needed nerfs and I'll wait it out. The problem is that sch will still be God tier for raids. Square did nothing on the healing front to address this. My complaint is for dungeons which is most of the content. The rotation is vastly simplified. I like having a challenge so it's a personal issue. It has nothing to do with balance aside from their aoes being gutted. I was hoping for a fairy or mp nerf. The things that make them actual God tier.

They honestly just made sch easier to play, gave sch what seems to be an infinite heal net with new heal skill, a battle litany that's actually better than battle litany, and the same tools it had before. Healing wise it was buffed. If I cared soley about balance I would be happy because sch is still in an awesome place. I don't and never will. It's the context of doing similar dungeons for 2 years and not really being engaged rotation wise. I think all of your threats are unwarranted, but my rant probably threw you all off.

GameplayZero
6 months ago#38
benjjjamin posted...
GameplayZero posted...
sch and Warrior? Wow. Two of my main jobs.

Opening your thoughts with the fact that your "mains" are the two most fad, doted on jobs by the devs, and then whining that the fad and dote is being changed kindof throws your whole affected position under the bus. Makes it look like you picked the mains based on which ones gave you the most power feeling. Not because you like the jobs. But because you like the power balance.

Here's a tip. Don't latch onto fad jobs like you do.
Have you ever played a job that wasn't automatic invite?
Or is that just your thing?

I, for one, am tired of fad flockers who concentrate in the two most overpowered jobs in the game, who have nothing to say at the thought of actually balancing the game but unmitigated screeching.

Picture the s***tiest, weakest raider. One who is down to the last job, in the last raid position, who is about to be kicked back into normal mode and 24 man content as their highest gameplay.

Which job does he pick to keep his job, in which any other choices render him unemployed?
Warrior.
And Scholar.

I've mained these jobs since 2.0. I said they needed nerfs. They were far too strong. Your rant is totally out of place and doesn't make sense in the context of this convo. I ALWAYS play scholar like jobs in any game. I even bought the lore book. Warrior jobs are always a favorite of mine too. Hoping for a hammer tank or something possibly. The other jobs don't interest me as much as these two.

GameplayZero
6 months ago#39
The_Hammer_ posted...
GameplayZero posted...
I'm not gonna talk about whm cause it's overdone, but sch and Warrior? Wow. Two of my main jobs reduced to baby's first play thing. I said I wouldn't drop these jobs since 2.0 but after hearing of the changes I might just pass on the expansion.

Scholar seriously only has 2 dots (1 instant cast) with broil spam and basically no aoe potential as blizz2 is removed and bane is further nerfed atm. Is this a joke? I don't mind the cleric change, but please don't make me fall asleep during dungeons. Pulling huge mobs as a sch was lots of fun. Now the healer rotations are an absolute joke when they were already easy enough and the game never asked you to heal much anyways. And getting a better battle litany that just can't crit your heals? Wat. Who is designing this game? Let alone BUFFING astro. Schs needed a nerf for sure. Aoe wasn't it lol. Single target dps should largely be the same.

Warrior lost some of its identity without bloodbath, got a horrible new gap closer and a new meme skill BUT you gained the ability to fell cleave 3 more times! Woah man that's like my dream to press the same button for 6 gcds! Yeah that's fun as s***. Maybe not as fun as hitting the same combo over and over and over and over as Dark now, but close! Reminds me of good ol 2.0 paladin. What a step forward. Guess I can't stance range much either. So uh looks like I'll never main tank again since they want me to fell cleave 20 times.

yeah I get it warrior got buffed in some areas, that may make it SLIGHTLY more engaging rotation wise, but as far as tanking goes now it's eh. Gonna wait till 2 weeks after launch but PLEASE don't let it be like this for 2 more years.

Bye Bye, you will not be missed!

Destiny 2 forums are that way please go join the brain dead sheep and the little kids there thank you :D

the maturity of this comment. That's kind of insulting to Destiny 2 players who are adults and enjoy the game because. Why the need to game shame? Not relevant here at all or a meaningful contribution to this conversation. Keep it classy.

GameplayZero
6 months ago#40
PSP_H0mebrew posted...
Its scary to see how fast everyone is dismissing the TC's merits in this argument.

The tank classes did not need to be made less fun to play and a lot of the changes really don't make much sense. Combine that with no new tank classes and you have an incredibly boring expansion for tank mains like myself. Its like they just gave up.

this is exactly it. I think people glossed over the rest of my argument after reading the first paragraph. The design team philosophies are questionable atm. They can fix what's needed throughout it's life cycle, but I think a lot of people aren't exactly trying to figure out things and take it. The dps definitely had a huge disparity between players and needed fixing for sure. Healers and tanks I'm iffy about aside from possibly making cleric disappear. That will make far more newer healers more comfortable to dps.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. Stormblood healers and tanks sound AWFUL

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived