Stormblood healers and tanks sound AWFUL

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. Stormblood healers and tanks sound AWFUL

User Info: Nisa20

Nisa20
6 months ago#41
GameplayZero posted...
PSP_H0mebrew posted...
Its scary to see how fast everyone is dismissing the TC's merits in this argument.

The tank classes did not need to be made less fun to play and a lot of the changes really don't make much sense. Combine that with no new tank classes and you have an incredibly boring expansion for tank mains like myself. Its like they just gave up.

this is exactly it. I think people glossed over the rest of my argument after reading the first paragraph. The design team philosophies are questionable atm. They can fix what's needed throughout it's life cycle, but I think a lot of people aren't exactly trying to figure out things and take it. The dps definitely had a huge disparity between players and needed fixing for sure. Healers and tanks I'm iffy about aside from possibly making cleric disappear. That will make far more newer healers more comfortable to dps.

I find that here this is a mentality shift, I think people more in line with your thinking hang out on the OF, I haven't been there in a while but there was way more support for contributing more than their given roles. But here? Seems like people just want it simplified. I see more people here for changes that are soon to come. I never thought I'd see so many scared of going all out til I returned and began reading peoples accounts here.
Rising Sun -- www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWvDr7XFVCA
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/674771-lingerie-football-league

User Info: Pancake

Pancake
6 months ago#42
i want to play stormblood war before i say it's all over. i can't tell from mrhappy's video how much path heals you for and i hope it's more than it did before.
plus it actually seems like a thing where you'd try and spread maim. it's the second hit in your alt combos, so why not?

i really just want to see how the beast gauge handles in defiance and with inner beast. seems like it'd be clunkier and slower than in deliverance, and that's a shame, like they don't want us using it or something. on paper it seems like the changes to the resource system will make for more inner beasts and i hope that might be what they intend for us to use to make up for the ground lost with path. lousy mrhappy stayed in deliverance the whole stupid time *grumble*
https://i.imgtc.com/0RCDUUg.gif

User Info: GameplayZero

GameplayZero
6 months ago#43
Nisa20 posted...
GameplayZero posted...
PSP_H0mebrew posted...
Its scary to see how fast everyone is dismissing the TC's merits in this argument.

The tank classes did not need to be made less fun to play and a lot of the changes really don't make much sense. Combine that with no new tank classes and you have an incredibly boring expansion for tank mains like myself. Its like they just gave up.

this is exactly it. I think people glossed over the rest of my argument after reading the first paragraph. The design team philosophies are questionable atm. They can fix what's needed throughout it's life cycle, but I think a lot of people aren't exactly trying to figure out things and take it. The dps definitely had a huge disparity between players and needed fixing for sure. Healers and tanks I'm iffy about aside from possibly making cleric disappear. That will make far more newer healers more comfortable to dps.

I find that here this is a mentality shift, I think people more in line with your thinking hang out on the OF, I haven't been there in a while but there was way more support for contributing more than their given roles. But here? Seems like people just want it simplified. I see more people here for changes that are soon to come. I never thought I'd see so many scared of going all out til I returned and began reading peoples accounts here.

yeah I'd say you are right. Good observation. I should have taken that into account.

GameplayZero
6 months ago#44
Pancake posted...
i want to play stormblood war before i say it's all over. i can't tell from mrhappy's video how much path heals you for and i hope it's more than it did before.
plus it actually seems like a thing where you'd try and spread maim. it's the second hit in your alt combos, so why not?

i really just want to see how the beast gauge handles in defiance and with inner beast. seems like it'd be clunkier and slower than in deliverance, and that's a shame, like they don't want us using it or something. on paper it seems like the changes to the resource system will make for more inner beasts and i hope that might be what they intend for us to use to make up for the ground lost with path. lousy mrhappy stayed in deliverance the whole stupid time *grumble*

this is also what I'm worried about. I also want to see how much this affects defiance. Doing 6 inner beast seems like overkill when tank busters usually hit once and then it's done. The problem also is they don't want you to stance dance as much, so that also overcomplicates things.

It all seems rather awkward, but as you've said, I'll be hesitant till we get our hands on the game. I'm hoping this doesn't turn out the way we think it does.

User Info: EpsteinBarr

EpsteinBarr
6 months ago#45
My DRK looks good so I've got no complaints.

User Info: R_Fated_Circle

R_Fated_Circle
6 months ago#46
The_Hammer_ posted...
GameplayZero posted...
I'm not gonna talk about whm cause it's overdone, but sch and Warrior? Wow. Two of my main jobs reduced to baby's first play thing. I said I wouldn't drop these jobs since 2.0 but after hearing of the changes I might just pass on the expansion.

Scholar seriously only has 2 dots (1 instant cast) with broil spam and basically no aoe potential as blizz2 is removed and bane is further nerfed atm. Is this a joke? I don't mind the cleric change, but please don't make me fall asleep during dungeons. Pulling huge mobs as a sch was lots of fun. Now the healer rotations are an absolute joke when they were already easy enough and the game never asked you to heal much anyways. And getting a better battle litany that just can't crit your heals? Wat. Who is designing this game? Let alone BUFFING astro. Schs needed a nerf for sure. Aoe wasn't it lol. Single target dps should largely be the same.

Warrior lost some of its identity without bloodbath, got a horrible new gap closer and a new meme skill BUT you gained the ability to fell cleave 3 more times! Woah man that's like my dream to press the same button for 6 gcds! Yeah that's fun as s***. Maybe not as fun as hitting the same combo over and over and over and over as Dark now, but close! Reminds me of good ol 2.0 paladin. What a step forward. Guess I can't stance range much either. So uh looks like I'll never main tank again since they want me to fell cleave 20 times.

yeah I get it warrior got buffed in some areas, that may make it SLIGHTLY more engaging rotation wise, but as far as tanking goes now it's eh. Gonna wait till 2 weeks after launch but PLEASE don't let it be like this for 2 more years.

Bye Bye, you will not be missed!

Destiny 2 forums are that way please go join the brain dead sheep and the little kids there thank you :D

But I like destiny and ffxiv
The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

User Info: windklinge

windklinge
6 months ago#47
GameplayZero posted...
Pancake posted...

this is also what I'm worried about. I also want to see how much this affects defiance. Doing 6 inner beast seems like overkill when tank busters usually hit once and then it's done. The problem also is they don't want you to stance dance as much, so that also overcomplicates things.

It all seems rather awkward, but as you've said, I'll be hesitant till we get our hands on the game. I'm hoping this doesn't turn out the way we think it does.

newslfash : you cannot do 6 inner beasts. you can at most do 3 inner beasts. currently you can do 2 already. why? because inner release only works in dps stance :) and without that no resource cost reduction. it cancels itself upon activating defiance.

GameplayZero
6 months ago#48
windklinge posted...
GameplayZero posted...
Pancake posted...

newslfash : you cannot do 6 inner beasts. you can at most do 3 inner beasts. currently you can do 2 already. why? because inner release only works in dps stance :) and without that no resource cost reduction. it cancels itself upon activating defiance.

ohhhhhh. Thanks for the clarification! Makes sense. Guess warrior is somewhat the same then tank wise minus bloodbath and second wind. Guess I was horribly wrong lol.

User Info: Uta

Uta
6 months ago#49
They did the Six Fell Cleaves during media your though.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.

GameplayZero
6 months ago#50
R_Fated_Circle posted...
The_Hammer_ posted...
GameplayZero posted...
I'm not gonna talk about whm cause it's overdone, but sch and Warrior? Wow. Two of my main jobs reduced to baby's first play thing. I said I wouldn't drop these jobs since 2.0 but after hearing of the changes I might just pass on the expansion.

Scholar seriously only has 2 dots (1 instant cast) with broil spam and basically no aoe potential as blizz2 is removed and bane is further nerfed atm. Is this a joke? I don't mind the cleric change, but please don't make me fall asleep during dungeons. Pulling huge mobs as a sch was lots of fun. Now the healer rotations are an absolute joke when they were already easy enough and the game never asked you to heal much anyways. And getting a better battle litany that just can't crit your heals? Wat. Who is designing this game? Let alone BUFFING astro. Schs needed a nerf for sure. Aoe wasn't it lol. Single target dps should largely be the same.

Warrior lost some of its identity without bloodbath, got a horrible new gap closer and a new meme skill BUT you gained the ability to fell cleave 3 more times! Woah man that's like my dream to press the same button for 6 gcds! Yeah that's fun as s***. Maybe not as fun as hitting the same combo over and over and over and over as Dark now, but close! Reminds me of good ol 2.0 paladin. What a step forward. Guess I can't stance range much either. So uh looks like I'll never main tank again since they want me to fell cleave 20 times.

yeah I get it warrior got buffed in some areas, that may make it SLIGHTLY more engaging rotation wise, but as far as tanking goes now it's eh. Gonna wait till 2 weeks after launch but PLEASE don't let it be like this for 2 more years.

Bye Bye, you will not be missed!

Destiny 2 forums are that way please go join the brain dead sheep and the little kids there thank you :D

But I like destiny and ffxiv

I also know some friends who do too. Was a ride comment.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. Stormblood healers and tanks sound AWFUL

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived