You guys really have me worried about WAR

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. You guys really have me worried about WAR

User Info: windklinge

windklinge
6 months ago#21
GameplayZero posted...
JediMasta12 posted...
https://imgur.com/BcI3TOq

looking at this, Upheaval and Onslaught seem to be Defiance skills at best. They both cost gauge, which means they're useless while in Deliverance (Why prioritize anything but fell cleave?) So MT Warrior does have some new Weaving skills.

Of course, this is all old and subject to change. It's just speculation right now.

onslaught is trash. It cost meter, can't use it outside of combat, and potency wise is eh. It's extremely niche. Upheaval is fine in defiance, but I think people calculated it will have it's use in the fell cleave/berserk window.

basically warrior hardly got any new actually tanking stuff and was slightly nerfed in this regard. Stormblood is primarily deliverance focused.

if are in defiance you are taking dmg most likely. means upheavel is a BAD move because of its effect. both skills suck in defiance. why? read the tooltip for inner beast and steel cyclone and youll understand quickly why. its painfully obivious both where made for dps stance use only. and even there one of them is fully useless. its also funny PLD gets the same skill as upheavel. but it costs : NOTHING. and has the dmg and cd. yet war should pay gauge for it for no good reason basicly.

uselessslaught is flat out useless aslong as it costs gauge no matter what they do to potency as they cannot make it 300 potency as then upheavel would just turn into the useless skill instead^^.

and since they are hideing patchnotes and actual data it looks like nothing changed anymore since then.

User Info: Pancake

Pancake
6 months ago#22
i kind-of want the gloom and doom to spread, more war for me.
https://i.imgtc.com/0RCDUUg.gif

User Info: Zurriah

Zurriah
6 months ago#23
Man, people really need to get the hell over it.

User Info: game_wiz101

game_wiz101
6 months ago#24
Zurriah posted...
Haha, I don't have to deal with it.

FTFY
3DS FC: 1375-7722-0434
GT: SmokyJoMama, PSN: SmokyJoMama-sama

User Info: mrg59

mrg59
6 months ago#25
LostSoldier20 posted...
Shinstrike posted...
well , i saw a picture of Fester from the e3 build shown to me by my friend, without a source. says it has 300 potency, rather than the 200 potency that was from the april build you got that WAR info from

It was 300 in that build too. Comparing the damage, it was a bad tooltip

Exactly the point? That screenshot is from the build which you just said had at least one flat out incorrect tooltip.

User Info: Zurriah

Zurriah
6 months ago#26
game_wiz101 posted...
FTFY

Warriors are such special snowflakes.

User Info: game_wiz101

game_wiz101
6 months ago#27
At least you didn't deny your bias.
3DS FC: 1375-7722-0434
GT: SmokyJoMama, PSN: SmokyJoMama-sama
Gandalf the Istari 6 months ago#28
game_wiz101 posted...
If Storm's Path is your only remaining worry, here's a way to look at things: All tanks lost their combo/conditional mitigation tools. WARs lost Path effect. DRK lost Delirium effect and Reprisal became cross role. PLD lost Rage of Halone's effect. The one exception is shield swipe, but IDK if it still pacifies. All mitigation for tanks is solely on their CDs now.

Almost everything that isn't trash is immune to the pacify anyway.
Currently playing: DQ Heroes

User Info: Hyper Inferno

Hyper Inferno
6 months ago#29
Some quick thinking is going to be necessary to use Upheaval as a DPS gain. Despite it costing beast gauge that could be going to Inner Beast or Fell Cleave, it's still an oGCD attack. And in terms of potency:beast gauge ratio, it's a ratio of 15 instead of the 10 that Cleave has, or 11.25 to 7 that Inner Beast has at full health. But then there's the fact that using Fell Cleave shortens the CD on Infuriate. It'll take a while to sort out.

Inner Beast obviously has applications outside of just DPS, so using Upheaval in Defiance seems a bit iffy at best.

On WAR's lack of defensive cooldowns, it did get one thing that not many people are talking about and that's chaining Inner Beasts. This is due to a combination of Storm's Path now giving 20 gauge and the new maximum being 100.

Given that all three tank classes now have a low CD on-demand low-power defensive CD, the fact that WAR's is probably the least restrictive in usage is still something they have going for them (and always have when Inner Beast's defensive buff mattered, like Death Sentence after the change).

WAR's going to be fine.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
-Adam Savage, The Mythbusters

User Info: GameplayZero

GameplayZero
6 months ago#30
Hyper Inferno posted...

On WAR's lack of defensive cooldowns, it did get one thing that not many people are talking about and that's chaining Inner Beasts. This is due to a combination of Storm's Path now giving 20 gauge and the new maximum being 100.

you can only use 2 inner beast back to back (without the possible use of infuriate). Could do that before. The new skill doesn't apply to halving it. Only deliverance skills.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. You guys really have me worried about WAR

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived