Of the healers 10 role actions, which 5 seem the most valuable to you?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. Of the healers 10 role actions, which 5 seem the most valuable to you?

User Info: AnimeFan_no1

AnimeFan_no1
6 months ago#1
For me, Cleric Stance feels like the least valuable of the actions to choose, but others like Protect, Esuna and Swiftcast feel too invaluable to write off, leaving Break, Eye for an Eye, Lucid Dreaming, Largesse, Surecast and Rescue to choose from for the remaining two slots.

Was curious for the people playing healers, which 5 Role Actions do you tend to value more than the others? Thanks for the input!
Pokemon X/3ds friend code: 2878-9961-9364;
Friend Safari: Volbeat, Ledyba and Vivilion

User Info: singhellotaku

singhellotaku
6 months ago#2
Largesse/divine seal, swiftcast for rezzing, esuna is of course mandatory, lucid dreaming for mana regen and aggro management and of course protect

Just no room for cleric anymore, much less break or rescue (or the other 2 I forgot)
Just shut the hell up and talk about games, im so tired of the politics of gaming...

User Info: Agent_Riot_

Agent_Riot_
6 months ago#3
I took Protect, Largesse, Lucid Dreaming, Esuna and Swiftcast.

The rest is, in my own opinion, useless and only serve some purpose in very few situations, while the one i took, in my own opinion, are always useful.

It does still take time for me adjusting i dont have a DPS stance anymore, but it flows way better without it.
I hope FFXVI has a good team and concept.
F*** off already FFXV. You've been halting the series for ten years, and you're still not out. Get it over with,geez

User Info: ryouma17

ryouma17
6 months ago#4
Protect Esuna and Swiftcast are the only ones i took the rest can rot
http://i.imgur.com/GIugA1n.gifv

User Info: Crackery

Crackery
6 months ago#5
Lucid Dreaming is a must, in my opinion. It seems like the nerf to aetherflow mp regen is in part motivated by LD's inclusion in the role system. For the other I'm tending towards Largesse for WHM and EfaE for SCH, flexible, but I can see Rescue coming in handy in certain fights (especially 24-man...). Surecast is weak. Break seems garbage because you can't even use it in PvP if I get the new system correctly.
nomnomnom RPGs

User Info: Sefirosukuraodo

Sefirosukuraodo
6 months ago#6
This is a sort-of workaround for Protect wasting a role slot:

macrolock
/macroicon Protect
/echo You are now switching to Protect.
/aaction Swiftcast off
/aaction Protect on
/ac Protect <wait.3>
/aaction Protect off
/aaction Swiftcast on
/echo Protect has been disabled. The following skill has been restored:
/recast Swiftcast

What this does is if you use it outside of battle, it will auto swap them, cast Protect, and then swap back to Swiftcast (or hell, whatever else you want to put in its place.) the problem is if you get someone who's constantly dying you can't protect them in battle, but let's face it, if they're dying Protect isn't gonna help them any more than just casting a Cure :P

Of course I'm curious as to how viable Protect is now, since it no longer gives a flat 15% damage reduction but effects the physical and magical defense of a party member.

User Info: GameplayZero

GameplayZero
6 months ago#7
eye for an eye, protect, esuna(unless I Know content doesn't require it), swiftcast, and cleric.

as a scholar I don't still don't need mp regen so lucid is useless, and largesse on most content seems like overkill unless everyone is bad or new. With people who are familiar with the fight it will largely be unused, but mistakes do happen and it does help. I just don't like skills I'm going to let sit or question.

Break is the worst skill out of them all. In no way is that useful except maybe soloing. Surrcast bad for obvious reasons. There is just far too much downtime in content to where I'm just taking cleric for extra damage. Minor, but whatever. Any slight bit of damage helps make the run faster which is less healing overall.

User Info: RavingSwoobat

RavingSwoobat
6 months ago#8
Lucid Dreaming
Largesse
Swiftcast

Are the big three. Protect/E4E/Esuna are cycled between 4th and 5th slot. I tend to use Selene, so Esuna isn't very necessary to me.

Break/Surecast/Rescue don't seem very useful. And Clerics is okay. I'd probably switch Cleric's in after the initial Protect cast.

User Info: GameplayZero

GameplayZero
6 months ago#9
AnimeFan_no1 posted...
For me, Cleric Stance feels like the least valuable of the actions to choose, but others like Protect, Esuna and Swiftcast feel too invaluable to write off, leaving Break, Eye for an Eye, Lucid Dreaming, Largesse, Surecast and Rescue to choose from for the

honestly I feel like break is far more useless. It does laughable amount of damage and if am add targets you, it's easy just to heal through. At least with cleric, extra damage is always nice, but not really mandatory unless you want it. Far better than break.

User Info: KarnRX78

KarnRX78
6 months ago#10
On AST I've been using Protect, Swift, Lucid, Largess, Esuna. I could swap out Largess for something else if I want to use Clerics, or even E4E.

I have done much on SCH or WHM yet. I feel WHM will be similar to AST for what I'll use. SCH really depends on how MP is, if MP is still good on SCH I could see myself swapping out Lucid on SCH as well as Largess.
21B64R09E14A35K92T29H45E17W43A82L95L19S57D36O18W39N8Y2J
(V)0-0(V) This is Mudcrab. Copy and paste him into your signature to help him achieve world Domination.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. Of the healers 10 role actions, which 5 seem the most valuable to you?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived