Are healers still expected to DPS after expansion?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. Are healers still expected to DPS after expansion?

User Info: LeonHeart068

LeonHeart068
1 month ago#1
Genuine question. Left the game mainly due to this. It was more of how much dps you could pump out between a cure spell which decided if you were a good healer or not. Did this change with the new expansion?

User Info: Akuumuu

Akuumuu
1 month ago#2
Listen dude, if you wanna just spam heal and do nothing else, MMOs ain't for you.

Edit: To answer your question, no, this didn't change.
And to clarify on my earlier statement, if you wanna spam heal, do nothing else, AND call yourself a good healer, then MMOS aren't for you. You can spam heal and never attack, just don't expect any praise and don't be surprised when you get flamed.

User Info: LazyGamerTag

LazyGamerTag
1 month ago#3
I switched to WHM as my main and I'm dpsing 90% of the time.

Its isn't hard.
Big #$@& Healz!

User Info: roleplayergamer

roleplayergamer
1 month ago#4
From Yoshi P. said, He does not Expect a Healer Class to completely dps since from the beginning of the game. While High End Players wants you to DPS for High Raids and stuff, it really up to you.

With the Removal of the Cleric Stance, and Damage skills being with Mind base for healers. The skill gaps between dps and healing has been shorten just a bit.

User Info: colddeck64

colddeck64
1 month ago#5
It was never required, but in most dungeons it was preferred due to overgearing and how weak the attacks actually were.

As an example, a scholar in the Aery pre patch would only cast a healing spell on boss attacks because the fairy would heal everything else.

Instead of them chipping in and throwing up a dot or two, they would dance like an idiot and jump around...

There are plenty of healers that are like this.

In content where you need to use a lot of GCDs to keep the party up, no, just focus on healing since damage is high.

In the example of what I just described, chip in and help your team clear it a little quicker.

They overhauled Healer DPS to make it EASIER now. You don't have to stance dance to drop a holy, or use bio2 and bane.

Don't be the lazy healer and chip in where and when you can.
(R3D) Colddeck_
http://g.bf3stats.com/ps3/oaUBfUNQ/CTU-TonyAlmeda.png

User Info: Snickers085

Snickers085
1 month ago#6
Throw on DoTs at a minimal.
i5 7600k @ 4.9ghz | Asus GTX 1070x Dual 8GB | Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3000mhz | Asus Prime Z270-AR

User Info: Darth_BadGuy

Darth_BadGuy
1 month ago#7
Bait-o Baity Baitmas
What?You think you can take me on? What do you think this is, a lightbulb?

User Info: LeonHeart068

LeonHeart068
1 month ago#8
To clarify, my main was scholar and I was participating in high end raids. I enjoyed scholar due to shields and the nature of healing and using a pet to help you. It was rewarding being a good scholar because it was a lot of management. Towards the end, scholar just became a summoner like healer where I was in clerics 90% of the time, keeping dots up and spamming bane2 (I think it was called).

I switched to AST and loved it. I'm not hating on the game, I played it for over two years. I'm just curious as to how healer roles have changed in the expansion.

User Info: zaneomega2

zaneomega2
1 month ago#9
With stance dancing removed there's legit no reason not to
If you haven't seen Claymore you're doing anime wrong
~Final Fantasy XIII is bae <3~

User Info: CarbonButtflap

CarbonButtflap
1 month ago#10
LeonHeart068 posted...
Genuine question. Left the game mainly due to this. It was more of how much dps you could pump out between a cure spell which decided if you were a good healer or not. Did this change with the new expansion?

If you left the game because people expected you to contribute to the success of the party during dead gcds and would rather stand there instead maybe a MMO isn't for you

Hell in old WoW days when healers literally had 1/100th the dps of a dps even they were told to burn during burn phases

Instead of healing and watching Netflix maybe, yknow, just watch Netflix
Someone got mad at me once for not having a signature so here's one.
I say f*ck a lot. If the most versatile word seems angry to you, that's on you, not me.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. Are healers still expected to DPS after expansion?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived