Tanks PLEASE use your cooldowns

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. Tanks PLEASE use your cooldowns

User Info: GRTooCool

GRTooCool
5 months ago#11
I've seen a few Paladins myself during the Expert Roulette (before Stormblood came out) who didn't use something as simple as Shield Oath. At first I was wondering why the hell his HP was dropping so fast and they try to pull everything in sight in Baelsar's Wall. Then one of the DPS even had the gall to say something like, "The WHM clearly can't handle big pulls so pull less please." -_-

But yes, as for your topic... I think some tanks just think the Healers can take care of everything.
Anyone who supports paid DLC deserves a swift kick to the balls... repeatedly!!! Take a stand. Stop paying for purposely held back content!

User Info: SheaStoned

SheaStoned
5 months ago#12
GameplayZero posted...
SheaStoned posted...
Probably are. Mob damage is very high this xpac

surprisingly. I was actually kind of shocked lol. Though I just did a few and tanks even then just ignored their cooldowns. I usually watch their health and wait for status (since I play warrior as a secondary).

Ive also lost enmity to red mages a few times in early dungeons and thats with years of playing a tank so newer tanks are probably s***ting themselves trying to hold aggro, use combos and pop cds in a proper way. Im thinking most new tanks are popping all thier cds on first mob group then being broke on the next, the damage im taking as warrior as well is significantly higher then paladin and dark knight.

User Info: Vazor

Vazor
5 months ago#13
I was healing a warrior yesterday in the first dungeon. He wasn't doing anything particularly adventurous with his pulls until after the first boss, when he suddenly decided to do a big one, caught the whole group by surprise. It was a bit of a panic moment for me, since he didn't have great gear, hadn't been using cooldowns and so was taking very spiky damage. On this pull he did pop a cooldown though, but just one.

Raw Intuition.

He died SO FAST.
PWAB Risk Rating: C+

User Info: Dethuli

Dethuli
5 months ago#14
Once you have an aggro lead it's not difficult by any means to keep it; what's tripping me up right now is that it takes more effort to establish aggro on trash pulls.

I wouldn't say the mobs hit harder this expac; more like everyone is at best averaged or under geared. 3.0 was the same way until the bulk of the community hit 60 and started getting hunt and tome gear.
Got a minute? You might learn something.

User Info: GameplayZero

GameplayZero
5 months ago#15
Vazor posted...
I was healing a warrior yesterday in the first dungeon. He wasn't doing anything particularly adventurous with his pulls until after the first boss, when he suddenly decided to do a big one, caught the whole group by surprise. It was a bit of a panic moment for me, since he didn't have great gear, hadn't been using cooldowns and so was taking very spiky damage. On this pull he did pop a cooldown though, but just one.

Raw Intuition.

He died SO FAST.

LOL this is gold

Dethuli posted...
Once you have an aggro lead it's not difficult by any means to keep it; what's tripping me up right now is that it takes more effort to establish aggro on trash pulls.

I wouldn't say the mobs hit harder this expac; more like everyone is at best averaged or under geared. 3.0 was the same way until the bulk of the community hit 60 and started getting hunt and tome gear.

and yeah you are right.

User Info: Cookie Bag

Cookie Bag
5 months ago#16
Best part is when tanks think they're big s*** and pull a lot of stuff, don't use a single cooldown, then blame the healer for causing a wipe...
https://i.imgtc.com/0BlPsfH.gif

User Info: SavageMoon

SavageMoon
5 months ago#17
Everyone is still leveling up with crap gear.

Plus the mobs hit stupid hard in later dungeons

Wait until everyone is 70 with tombstone gear for the usual faceroll endgame.

User Info: Isilia

Isilia
5 months ago#18
People are not used to actually having to try.

Yes, pressing a button is trying for some people.
http://i.imgur.com/JFYhdtk.gif | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvS6zMThiZU
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2937700/

User Info: Zephyr_Lee

Zephyr_Lee
5 months ago#19
Iono never found much use to use cool downs on trash mobs unless I'm pulling big.

Plus the reset timers on cool downs is so long it's just meh

If they make tanks like other games the require me to use them constantly then yes I would use them

But as it stands I am currently still playing dark knight
And I only have a few defense cd and I save those to busters or oh s*** moments

User Info: Azyle1

Azyle1
5 months ago#20
Maybe the Tanks are saying, "Healers, use your CD's!"????

XD
Xbox One GT - A7xSandslash, Nintendo Switch - Azyle17
PS4 - Azyle1
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. Tanks PLEASE use your cooldowns

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived