which job has a charge mechanic and not have a fixed rotation?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. which job has a charge mechanic and not have a fixed rotation?

User Info: chicksboii

chicksboii
6 months ago#1
hi all I'm looking for a class with a charge skill to go closer to the opponent but also not have a fixed rotation. more like a priority rotation with procs and off global cooldowns thank you

User Info: Malzra_Airwynn

Malzra_Airwynn
6 months ago#2
Red Mage is the closest that I know of, but I haven't played every job. And since it's mostly caster and only comes into melee to spend its built up resources on a melee combo or to spam it's melee aoe ability, I'm guessing since you want a charge you're looking to play melee. But procs for verfire, verstone and impact do keep it from having a completely static rotation even if it doesn't change it up that much. It also has two OGCD attacks to use, and both a charge and a skill to jump away from them. Rather than a strict rotation you react to procs as well, building black and white mana with spells to unleash with powerful melee moves. With the goal, at high levels, being to have one bar slightly higher than the other but to be pretty even.

Monk has a rotation cycling through three stances and your choice is basically 'do I use the pure damage move for this stance or should I refresh its buff/debuff attack for this stance?' Dragoon has jumps that work like a charge but also has a pretty rigid rotation. I'm not sure about samurai. I don't think ninja has a charge, but it does have a short distance teleport. But I don't know what its rotation is like. I don't 'think' it's proc heavy though.

I haven't playd war/drk so not sure how much of a rotation they have.

User Info: Legendary_Musas

Legendary_Musas
6 months ago#3
Red Mage is 100% what you want.

Has a charge and backdodge, major part of the 'rotation' is deciding on which mana to increase/priorities which is based on procs and a few skills that guarantee procs.

Samurai and Monk also come to mind. Although Monk is closer to the rigid rotation as the cooldowns all line up tight enough that you don't really have to deviate.
Pokemon Sun Team: Decidueye, Lycanroc (midday), Komala, Ribombee, Turtonator, Mudsdale

Malzra_Airwynn
6 months ago#4
Legendary_Musas posted...
Red Mage is 100% what you want

Depends if they want a pure melee. Which I'm guessing they want since they want a charge, but yeah rdm is the closest to what they asked for.

User Info: omegaGogeta

omegaGogeta
6 months ago#5
Legendary_Musas posted...
Red Mage is 100% what you want.

Has a charge and backdodge, major part of the 'rotation' is deciding on which mana to increase/priorities which is based on procs and a few skills that guarantee procs.

Samurai and Monk also come to mind. Although Monk is closer to the rigid rotation as the cooldowns all line up tight enough that you don't really have to deviate.

Just don't use that backdodge in certain trials. XD
*Low_Kick Low_Kick Low_Punch*
"Son of a Gnome! Quit ducking!!!"

User Info: Shadygrove

Shadygrove
6 months ago#6
BRD, SMN, and SAM have no rigid rotation but a priority system. None have a charge.

NIN has a combat tele, but 2 rotations to keep track of.

RDM is primarily a caster, but as mentioned above, has what you want.
There are only two things that may be infinite. The universe and human stupidity. I am not sure about the universe. - Albert Einstein

chicksboii
6 months ago#7
I watched the animation for red mage! it's a combination of range and melee! i'm going to have to purchase stormblood and try it! thanks guys! the lore of red mage are the good guys! i had thought they were evil like darkknights

Malzra_Airwynn
6 months ago#8
chicksboii posted...
I watched the animation for red mage! it's a combination of range and melee! i'm going to have to purchase stormblood and try it! thanks guys! the lore of red mage are the good guys! i had thought they were evil like darkknights

Out of curiosity whybdid you think red mages were evil?

chicksboii
6 months ago#9
Malzra_Airwynn posted...
chicksboii posted...

Out of curiosity whybdid you think red mages were evil?

red assiociates with evil. anything with red or dark is evil but the official lore of red mage i

User Info: That_70s_show

That_70s_show
6 months ago#10
Dark Knights ain't evil yo. The Warrior of Light, Hero of the Realm, Slayer of Primals, f***boy of the Scions, wouldn't be evil.
http://i.imgur.com/2AHYtLi.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/xeKLiQ7.gifv
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. which job has a charge mechanic and not have a fixed rotation?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived