Is samurai enough of a reason to buy stormblood? the steam reviews are negative

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. Is samurai enough of a reason to buy stormblood? the steam reviews are negative

User Info: Neridia

Neridia
5 months ago#31
There was a drama regarding monthly fee for the Brazilian and Russian being chaged from their own cheaper fee to match the rest of the world on the official forum. Then these guys tell everyone and their fellow countrymen to go and review/downvote them on steam.

The thread got locked out now but there's another thread trying to gather people to appeal to SE to change their price back.

User Info: WhnNinjasAtk

WhnNinjasAtk
5 months ago#32
Klic42 posted...
Steam reviews lol

User Info: SythisTaru

SythisTaru
5 months ago#33
Klic42 posted...
Steam reviews lol
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do" - Ayn Rand

User Info: FinalFlames

FinalFlames
5 months ago#34
I couldn't possibly understand why someone wouldn't want to pay 895 Rubles in a 7,500 Ruble minimum wage market, equating to almost 12% of their monthly paycheck. Considering I can assume most visitors here are also citizens of the US like me, I think you can grasp the minimum wage and price of a subscription.
I could also not believe that the sub fee is cheaper isn't equalized in British Pounds with 9 Pounds equating to 11 USD. Why aren't the Brits paying 15 Dollars? Must be that equalizat......... Oh wait. But some people have the gall to say that there's logic in a jump from 259 Rubles to 880 Rubles.

Best part is Stormblood on Steam being 2100 Rubles. A large part of the reason the Brazilians and Russians are giving outcry is because there was no warning whatsoever, and SE narrowly dodged their own ToS by avoiding a clause that they wrote into the ToS. Considering that these players play without native language support OR a server they can play on that doesn't give them awful ping without a VPN, is it such a surprise there's outcry? Or the ones that will not be able to pay their subscription fees anymore?

Of course though, I fully expect all of the people who cannot comprehend that there's an entire world outside of their country to not understand even a little of this. Or perhaps, the blind shills for FF14. A server move that fixed absolutely nothing? A DDoS that nobody was told about? An expansion choke at the start of it? Square-Enix is money hungry, accept it.
PSN:GfaqFinalFlames
"...The rite normally produces a dark crimson glow. But the light given off by Aegrus shone a pale white."

User Info: Jolteon

Jolteon
5 months ago#35
FinalFlames posted...
I fully expect all of the people who cannot comprehend that there's an entire world outside of their country to not understand even a little of this.

It's been brought up more than once in this thread already, and nobody is defending it. On the contrary, just about everybody has been saying that they understand the outcry.

FinalFlames posted...
some people have the gall to say that there's logic in a jump from 259 Rubles to 880 Rubles.

Who? Who are these people? Cause they're certainly not in this thread. The worst that I noticed was scare quotes around "skyrocketed".
Is this finally a conundrum that CAN'T be solved by helicopter theft?

FinalFlames
5 months ago#36
Jolteon posted...
FinalFlames posted...
I fully expect all of the people who cannot comprehend that there's an entire world outside of their country to not understand even a little of this.

It's been brought up more than once in this thread already, and nobody is defending it. On the contrary, just about everybody has been saying that they understand the outcry.

FinalFlames posted...
some people have the gall to say that there's logic in a jump from 259 Rubles to 880 Rubles.

Who? Who are these people? Cause they're certainly not in this thread. The worst that I noticed was scare quotes around "skyrocketed".

You should read the OF. Might have been some venting anger after seeing people on the OF and reddit that irked me so much, but things like this bother me.
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/337882-Steam-payment-HUGE-price-increase%21
"...The rite normally produces a dark crimson glow. But the light given off by Aegrus shone a pale white."

User Info: Jolteon

Jolteon
5 months ago#37
Why would I read the OF? That place is a mess.
Is this finally a conundrum that CAN'T be solved by helicopter theft?

FinalFlames
5 months ago#38
Because sadly, the OF is the only place where anybody with any internal influence that matters might see the numbers.

User Info: Veluxier

Veluxier
5 months ago#39
Anywhooooo... Samurai is a fantastic, well designed job. Fun to play, and deals the highest personal dps in the game. Samurai IS enough reason to buy Stormblood, in my honest opinion.

User Info: chicksboii

chicksboii
5 months ago#40
Veluxier posted...
Anywhooooo... Samurai is a fantastic, well designed job. Fun to play, and deals the highest personal dps in the game. Samurai IS enough reason to buy Stormblood, in my honest opinion.

thank you is it as unique as a dragoon guys
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. Is samurai enough of a reason to buy stormblood? the steam reviews are negative

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived