how fast do you need to be to activate ten, chi, and jin????

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. how fast do you need to be to activate ten, chi, and jin????

User Info: chicksboii

chicksboii
5 months ago#1
I take my time casting and combining combos but does this result in a dps loss?? how fast do I need to be before my next global cooldown skill activates?????

User Info: Delete_Monk

Delete_Monk
5 months ago#2
This entirely depends on your ping. You should do it as fast as your ping permits.

User Info: WRRYYYYers

WRRYYYYers
5 months ago#3
the mudra are client-side so you can hit them as fast as you can, ideally you should not be going that much over a single GCD's worth of time
http://i.imgur.com/lsDzSa1.gif
http://i.imgur.com/qGQFmPu.jpg

User Info: chicksboii

chicksboii
5 months ago#4
WRRYYYYers posted...
the mudra are client-side so you can hit them as fast as you can, ideally you should not be going that much over a single GCD's worth of time

So if i want to activate 3 mudras and the Hutton skill. I should do these in all under 2.5 seconds????? correct me if i'm wrong because that's way too fast and there's a .5 seconds for mudras

User Info: Alessar

Alessar
5 months ago#5
On keyboard I cast literally in the time it takes to type 1234. Because I have the mudras and Ninjitsu on those buttons on the 2nd skillbar (so I hold control while typing).

Maybe you are overthinking the combos. Let me summarize them for you with the mnemonics I used to keep them straight

The Mudras have affinities: Ten (Heaven) is Air and Fire, think of it as the sun is in the sky; Chi (Earth) is Earth and Thunder, think of it as lightning striking ground; Jin (Man) is Water and Ice, think of it as people are cold-hearted.

The Ninjitsu moves are defined by the terminal mudra not a particular combination. The formulas are best thought of as "something else, something else, trigger"

Tier 0
No filler, trigger with Ten OR Chi OR Jin = Fuma Shuriken

Tier 1
something else + Ten = fire blast
something else + Chi = lightning bolt
something else + Jin = ice bind

Tier 2
something else + something else + Ten = Wind Buff (haste)
something else + something else + Chi = Earth damage zone
something else + something else + Jin = Water Weakener (buff that lets you backstab without hiding)

User Info: benjjjamin

benjjjamin
5 months ago#6
Do it slowly and dont worry about clunking. The cost of screwing it up is really high. What works at one point will trainwreck the next, so just take your time and make sure you hit the series and dont move.
Language warning:
http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-harsh-truths-that-will-make-you-better-person/

User Info: MHNetio

MHNetio
5 months ago#7
If you're happy to be slower and doing it right, there are plenty of resources around that have the skills tied to macros.

User Info: Valrien

Valrien
5 months ago#8
benjjjamin posted...
Do it slowly and dont worry about clunking. The cost of screwing it up is really high. What works at one point will trainwreck the next, so just take your time and make sure you hit the series and dont move.

Honestly this is the best way to do it when learning. It's less of a DPS loss to clip your GCD and get the mudra correct than losing it altogether.

@Alessar Thank you for the tips, those actually help a lot
FFXIV Main: Rigil Kentaurus (PLD, RDM)

User Info: benjjjamin

benjjjamin
5 months ago#9
Macro is a mess for this. It makes you do 1s between both mudra and attack when that should not be necessary. I wish it worked. I tried lol...

Slow manual beats that macro by 40% speed.
Language warning:
http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-harsh-truths-that-will-make-you-better-person/

User Info: Delete_Monk

Delete_Monk
5 months ago#10
Is it really client side? Interesting. Because I know some people say to hit them as fast as you can, but I have to consciously delay pressing by a very small amount to get them to actually register properly.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. how fast do you need to be to activate ten, chi, and jin????

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived