help on getting out of permaban?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. help on getting out of permaban?

User Info: Randomdude0794

Randomdude0794
1 month ago#1
Good evening, I come to you all with hopeful energy, I was recently struck with a 216 hour ban, but 3 days into it i got an additional e-mail notifying me of service termination??? Basically the gist of it was that me and a friend had a disagreement and butted heads, so I protested in a very passive way by afking in an area they frequent. I have had previous violations involving the same person... but we have been able to talk our issues through and both come out on top. Or so I thought. after speaking with a few other friends of mine about the issue. I have come to the conclusion that they may have deliberately lured me into getting banned, by using my attaching, Trusting nature against me. manipulated if you will. and I admit i am far to trusting for my own good. (It got me in this situation afterall...) with all of that said, I ask:
1)is it even possible to get account back after a termination? if so what steps did you take? (aside from the obvious contacting support)
2)for those that have sucessfully recovered their account after losing acess to it, how long did it take?
3) what do you think of this situation i find myself in? is it fair? or am i getting whit i deserve? (I already know im a fool for interacting with the person after the 1st ban... but i had faith in them still even after that)
I also found a thread on reddit that was somewhat useful, but I do not know if doing the same steps would help in my situation:
https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1mq5y1/account_compromised_to_account_recovery/
PSN: Elgordo111
gamertag: why would i pay $60/yr for online? (Ps4 needing ps+ renders this Sig obsolete)

User Info: robster_2005

robster_2005
1 month ago#2
Yeah there's more to this than meets the eye - why the hell would you get perma banned for afki'ing?
"That would explain how she died. It wasn't old age; she just roundhouse-kicked herself in the back of the head" - ShadowWraith666

User Info: Valrien

Valrien
1 month ago#3
robster_2005 posted...
Yeah there's more to this than meets the eye - why the hell would you get perma banned for afki'ing?

"harassment"
FFXIV: Rigil Kentaurus (PLD, RDM)
PSN: ValrienDravic

User Info: Excalibur

Excalibur
1 month ago#4
Step 1: Stop being a trash person.

There is no step 2.
A barrel roll would be unnecessary and dangerous.

User Info: robster_2005

robster_2005
1 month ago#5
Really? - Just for afk'ing - God this game is pathetic - I fell out with my old FC and moogle danced on top of their house for days and didn't get banned
"That would explain how she died. It wasn't old age; she just roundhouse-kicked herself in the back of the head" - ShadowWraith666

User Info: WhiteGold

WhiteGold
1 month ago#6
You're banned, and for good. Sorry.

Not enough details on the story but this stuck out to me:

I have had previous violations involving the same person..

This is probably why you were banned. Bans stack. The more you get banned the worse it gets. They keep record of each ban, and probably just decided to drop the 216hr and terminate you this time.
Your name may be WhiteGold, but your heart is blacker than coal - Musa--

User Info: Icewitch

Icewitch
1 month ago#7
I feel like there's a LOT more to this story. Reminds me of a Hellhole topic.
^.^
(message deleted)

User Info: GabranthXIV

GabranthXIV
1 month ago#9
You're unlikely to be able to get out of a permanent ban and it sounds like you have some personal issues to work out to ensure that it doesn't happen again elsewhere. With that said, I do think there's more to this than is initially apparent on both sides of the story.

One thing I will say, though, is that there are indeed a lot of manipulative individuals playing FFXIV who are very good at pretending to be friendly only to gossip behind someone's back instead of making a genuine effort to sort out any disagreements before they escalate.

User Info: lindaluv

lindaluv
1 month ago#10
You stalked and harassed this person most likely. Really one of the only reasons anyone ever gets banned in FF14.
MolaMadara : Punkin (200 - Strider) - http://i.imgur.com/peZhp.jpg
MulaMadara : Deneb (25 - Sorc)
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. help on getting out of permaban?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived