I play a healer because I want to heal, not because I want to DPS.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. I play a healer because I want to heal, not because I want to DPS.

User Info: ShiroMiyata

ShiroMiyata
2 months ago#1
There are a lot of people who seem to believe that their words matter more than what Yoshi-P has said in regards to the healing process. If people want to DPS in addition to healing, they have the tools to do so - but it isn't a necessity and nobody should be forced to do so outside of high end progression.

Even when I have learned the mechanics for a new fight, I do not like to DPS. The only way I will DPS in this game is if I am playing a DPS class at the time. I do not play a Tank, so I cannot comment on that particular role.

All I want to do is to be able to sign up for a roulette and heal my allies. I do not want the added stress of having to DPS on top of it. That is my choice and I wish for it to be respected.

User Info: xXZioXx

xXZioXx
2 months ago#2
Well, if i heal, and i hate it, i do dps if i have the time for it. Better than not doing anything right?

User Info: Millea

Millea
2 months ago#3
Yeah, people shouldn't care if it's just dungeons and casual content.

User Info: OlendraDivine

OlendraDivine
2 months ago#4
I knew a healer that refused to dps.

They would say: "I play a healler not a dps"

I replied: "you spelled 'healer' wrong. remove one of the 'L's"

They responded: "which 'L' do I remove?"

User Info: Vermander

Vermander
2 months ago#5
I mean you should DPS as healer unless we are talking content that can actually keep you busy enough to heal forever.
3DS FC: 4312 - 9992 - 0441

User Info: Kaiganeer

Kaiganeer
2 months ago#6
play a different game then

User Info: geckodogma

geckodogma
2 months ago#7
Funnily enough, it's the low level content that has such a low incoming damage that encourages a DPS-ing healer.
My channel with random game videos https://goo.gl/G7wg15

User Info: ShiroMiyata

ShiroMiyata
2 months ago#8
Kaiganeer posted...
play a different game then

I'm happy with FFXIV, though. Yoshi-P has spoken out in support of the pure healer community.

User Info: Dethuli

Dethuli
2 months ago#9
Oh, this topic again?
Got a minute? You might learn something.

User Info: quest64freak

quest64freak
2 months ago#10
If I end up with a healer that doesn't want to use their offensive kit I'm fine with it. Sure the dungeon is going to take a few minutes longer but I'm not going to get upset at them over it.

I think a big part of the problem is healers with that kind of mentality think they're being asked to work harder than anyone else in the group. Tanks keep mobs on them, DPS kill things and healers make sure everyone survives; it all works out, right? What they don't understand is that they're being carried if they refuse to help deal damage.

Imagine ending up with a Paladin that handled trash pulls by casting Flash several times and then doing nothing but rotating cooldowns to mitigate damage. When it comes time for a boss they stay in their defensive stance, do a few enmity combos and stop attacking to focus on positioning and cooldown usage. If anyone starts getting close on enmity they'll throw out a few more combos. Are they playing any worse than the healer that refuses to do anything except heal? They're doing exactly what is expected of their role; keeping the enemies off of everyone else and mitigating incoming damage.

"But Yoshida only said they don't take healer damage into account. He never said that about tanks." This is true but there isn't a single boss(non-Ex/Savage of course, but those tend to be handled much differently with far stricter expectations of each member of the party) that can not be taken down purely through damage contributed by the two DPS, even if they're mediocre. The tank's damage is not required. It merely speeds up the fight. The same applies to healers.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. I play a healer because I want to heal, not because I want to DPS.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived