Rubber Band AI?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GRID 2
  3. Rubber Band AI?

User Info: heavyacademic

heavyacademic
4 years ago#1
Dear Folks,

Does anyone know if this game has what I think is called "rubber band AI" where your opponents suddenly catch up if you are ahead or slow down if you drop too far behind. I have very little driving skill but I would like to win or lose on my own merits.

User Info: Tenzhi

Tenzhi
4 years ago#2
If it's there I haven't noticed it. That's not to say it isn't there, but if it is it's not as overt as the AI in PGR or Run Like Hell...
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.

User Info: x1STP_KLOSRx

x1STP_KLOSRx
4 years ago#3
I have only noticed rubberband AI on Faceoff events. Otherwise the AI will not catch up on a perfect lap.

User Info: wolverinerob79

wolverinerob79
4 years ago#4
I don't see much if there's any. Opponents will get far ahead if you do poorly and far behind if you do well. If there's a bunch of opponents clumped, they will bump each other and slow accordingly. Never understood the need to rubber band (and it'd be especially unnecessary in a game with a rewind feature).

User Info: Mellerker38

Mellerker38
4 years ago#5
Yeah I agree and I think this game need to be patch to fix the difficulty of events like overtake and faceoff are the two most hated events ever I race in a racing game.

User Info: LazerLXXVII2

LazerLXXVII2
4 years ago#6
I don't see anything at all. Rubberband AI is why I could barely tolerate NFS: Hot Pursuit, and I only played NFS: Most Wanted for like 30 minutes before listing it on eBay. To me, this feels like a better polished NFS game without the garbage rubberband AI.

I don't think its in this game, especially since there have been several races where I win by 5+ seconds, including a few where I win by 8-10 seconds.

User Info: bhamacuk

bhamacuk
4 years ago#7
No rubberbanding I'm pleased to report!

User Info: Mellerker38

Mellerker38
4 years ago#8
I do see it in this game and maybe I'm using the wrong car for the event or is it the diffficulty choice should be change.

User Info: 95_Eclipse

95_Eclipse
4 years ago#9
There is definitely rubber band AI. I got WAY far behind on a 1v1 race against the AI (I spun and sat there in frustration for a few seconds). I then proceeded to run him down in less than 3 seconds, and he was doing about 50 MPH just riding, I could see him from 1/2 - 1 mile away I thought he had crashed until I got closer and saw he was just hanging out, as soon as I got and blew his doors off, he sped back up and was right on my tail.
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
MIcrosoft to the fans : "All your games are belong to us!"

User Info: Frisco557

Frisco557
4 years ago#10
The 1v1 races might be rubberband AI, but I don't notice it in the proper races.

That said I was in a changing route race with the AI when there was a right turn coming up and all the AI decided to take it as a left. I finished the race with a margin of victory of over 2 minutes.
Proud owner of an '88 Peugeot.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e14/frisco557/103_0809.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. GRID 2
  3. Rubber Band AI?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived