POLL: THE Best Battle System

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: MasterRaph

MasterRaph
4 years ago#81
Wow, shocked X-2 has this much support, don't think it was that special at all. What made it so great? just because you could change jobs during battle? i don't remember feeling the need to switch to win battles like you do in XIII, mostly just flavor. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Objectively, i think XIII has to take it. Some actual difficulty, and you actually have to think sometimes, just more engaging in general.

User Info: Reginleif20

Reginleif20
4 years ago#82
Ultima_Lord posted...
I voted X-2. The game itself wasn't amazing, but I felt the battle system was just right.

XIII's battle system could potentially be a step in the right direction, but it's just not done right yet; faster pacing DOES NOT EQUAL better. Frankly I'm amazed so many people favor it. Kids these days.

It's one of the few things X-2 did right
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
(message deleted)
(message deleted)
(message deleted)

User Info: ExtremeLight

ExtremeLight
4 years ago#86
MasterRaph posted...
Wow, shocked X-2 has this much support, don't think it was that special at all. What made it so great? just because you could change jobs during battle? i don't remember feeling the need to switch to win battles like you do in XIII, mostly just flavor. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Objectively, i think XIII has to take it. Some actual difficulty, and you actually have to think sometimes, just more engaging in general.

I think X-2 system was meant to be more fun to fit the story. Because I think a CTS would make the game seem longer. It was a new battle system at the time too and also a model for 13 battle system.
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, BO2 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. 2013. Lightning Return will be super awesome.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived