What if LR was a troll project and because of fan reception it was made real?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. What if LR was a troll project and because of fan reception it was made real?

User Info: gb094

gb094
4 years ago#1
*let's kid around!, oh, fans actually want it to be done?? Ok!*
Official ME of this universe... Why would I be someone else? That's just stupid.

User Info: Tobi011

Tobi011
4 years ago#2
The same can be said about Versus.

User Info: King_Shortt_IX

King_Shortt_IX
4 years ago#3
It already is a troll project.....
The contents of this post may not reflect the views of the poster.

User Info: EminentFate

EminentFate
4 years ago#4
King_Shortt_IX posted...

I think that largely depends on whether or not you wanted another game in the XIII universe.

I didn't. XIII had closure, they shouldn't have introduced time travel out of thin air in the sequel I never asked for (unless it was foreshadowed in XIII... was it?)
"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde

User Info: jfielding95

jfielding95
4 years ago#5
EminentFate posted...
King_Shortt_IX posted...

I think that largely depends on whether or not you wanted another game in the XIII universe.

I didn't. XIII had closure, they shouldn't have introduced time travel out of thin air in the sequel I never asked for (unless it was foreshadowed in XIII... was it?)

Others did, I asked for it.

If you didn't want it, then just finish at XIII and acknowledge the series' ending at the end of XIII as I do with X.

User Info: EminentFate

EminentFate
4 years ago#6
jfielding95 posted...
EminentFate posted...
King_Shortt_IX posted...

If you didn't want it, then just finish at XIII and acknowledge the series' ending at the end of XIII as I do with X.

Of course, wasn't implying my side of the fence is the majority or anything. I actually enjoyed XIII-2 for its gameplay.

I can do that, but isn't X-2's existence justified by Tidus swimming back to shore at the end of X? XIII had a datalog entry about Yeul (I think), but what they should've done is actually showing Lightning being swallowed by chaos, and XIII-2 (and by extension, this) would've actually made sense from a plot perspective, and not just seem like a retcon of XIII's ending sequence.
/personal opinion
"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde

User Info: gb094

gb094
4 years ago#7
EminentFate posted...
King_Shortt_IX posted...

Maybe it was just me but I found it weird that they de-crystallized and it seemed that not even a week had passed, and I also noticed Etro's Gate in the last boss fight (though I didn't know what it was)
Official ME of this universe... Why would I be someone else? That's just stupid.

User Info: jfielding95

jfielding95
4 years ago#8
EminentFate posted...
jfielding95 posted...
EminentFate posted...
King_Shortt_IX posted...

Of course, wasn't implying my side of the fence is the majority or anything. I actually enjoyed XIII-2 for its gameplay.

I can do that, but isn't X-2's existence justified by Tidus swimming back to shore at the end of X? XIII had a datalog entry about Yeul (I think), but what they should've done is actually showing Lightning being swallowed by chaos, and XIII-2 (and by extension, this) would've actually made sense from a plot perspective, and not just seem like a retcon of XIII's ending sequence.
/personal opinion

I know what you are saying, I just mean that XIII-2 doesn't have to be played if you don't want it. To the end of you saying about XIII-2 retconning XIII, I just hope that LR doesn't rewind time to XIII's ending and pretend that it didn't happen, otherwise I would agree and say the sequels were completely unneeded.

User Info: TheGreatPotato

TheGreatPotato
4 years ago#9
This thread makes Clausudo look smart.
Dresdenfall is amazing, if you know what I mean :) /wink wink
Mada status: free.

User Info: Ftpkorn

Ftpkorn
4 years ago#10
Die haters die.
Lightning likes to play life-sized chess in her new room.
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. What if LR was a troll project and because of fan reception it was made real?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived