Will you buy an remake of FF7 the greatest game in the FF series of the PS1 era?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Will you buy an remake of FF7 the greatest game in the FF series of the PS1 era?

User Info: ExtremeLight

ExtremeLight
4 years ago#151
MewMewFan posted...
If they do decided to make an FF7 remake, would you buy it? I have the orignal FF7 and wished SE would be brave enough to make an remake of the greatest game before the other FFs and XIII which I admit may have its ups and downs. Would you play it?

1.) Yes I would buy it.
2.) FFX is the greatest FF game.
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!

User Info: Vudoodude

Vudoodude
4 years ago#152
I prefer ff8 over ff7, i really had difficulties getting through the mid part of ff7. If it was remade with modern graphics, i would definitely like it a looooot more though, i find the graphics are a bit too old school for my taste. Mind you, ff8 was the first ff game i beat and it was during the ps2 era, not ps1. I had a n64 instead, so never had a chance to play them until ps2.

User Info: eragonman9

eragonman9
4 years ago#153
Will you buy an remake of FF7

Yes.
the greatest game in the FF series of the PS1 era?

It's not.
*poke* *jiggle*
http://i.imgur.com/7uRLQ1E.png http://i.imgur.com/DrEfjso.png http://i.imgur.com/jm0j6t7.png

User Info: Capitan_Kid

Capitan_Kid
4 years ago#154
TC I think you meant to say FF4.
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!

User Info: MHamlin

MHamlin
4 years ago#155
I would buy it. Only if it was a significant improvement, like the PS3 tech demo way back when. I'm not washed over by fancy graphics but it would be cool to see a classic like FF7 remade with a modern graphics engine. They should also include new materias/enemies/bosses etc. too, not just re-release the PC version. It has potential to be great but it would be a very demanding project and frankly I don't see SE willing to drop the time and resources into it.

User Info: ThePowerOf140

ThePowerOf140
4 years ago#156
I'd hit the midnight release (I've never done this for a game before, despite living in a city centre) and buy it without any hesitation.

User Info: Foxxie_kun

Foxxie_kun
4 years ago#157
FF7. Greatest PS1 era FF title? FF9 would like to have a word with you, kid.
Want a great site for trainers and cheats for PC games?
Try the cheat happens website.

User Info: SonyHoundDawg

SonyHoundDawg
4 years ago#158
FF7 is massively over rated. Its a big step down from the master piece of FF6 before it.

Anyways, if its just your typical HD remake I will not buy it.

IF they updated the graphics and such like Halo Anniversary and it was a $40 or cheaper price tag like that game, I probably would.

User Info: EpsteinBarr

EpsteinBarr
4 years ago#159
Why would I buy it when I already have the superior version (face it, the remake will butcher the game) on my PSP?

User Info: Hawker44

Hawker44
4 years ago#160
I'll buy it, but I don't consider it the greatest game in the FF series or even the PS1 era, but I'll buy it.
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Will you buy an remake of FF7 the greatest game in the FF series of the PS1 era?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived