Why do people praise X as one of the best but hate XIII?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Why do people praise X as one of the best but hate XIII?

User Info: EscaSyra

EscaSyra
4 years ago#1
X is down at the bottom on my list. It's not bad, but it's nothing more than average to me.

I don't understand how people can claim X is the best while claiming XIII as the worst. The games are similar in many areas, so why do you fans who worship X hate XIII?

To me, XIII had the superior characters and battle system. The story was about the same I guess.... I'm not crazy about the whole plot twist with X like most people are.

Sure, X did have mini games, but most of them were boring or just plain tedious, with Blitzball being the exception to me...

So yeah, call me crazy but XIII ranks above X for me. I consider XIII slightly above average and X a little more than slightly below average as far as FF games go.

User Info: tiornys

tiornys
4 years ago#2
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/197344-final-fantasy-x/65388447

User Info: Shadowrider70

Shadowrider70
4 years ago#3
Why not?
I'm an all around gamer. Hand me a game, I'll play through it, than give a detailed report about it.
PSN: Shadowrider74

EscaSyra
4 years ago#4
tiornys posted...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/197344-final-fantasy-x/65388447

Relevant and recent. Interesting. I never visit the X boards.

A couple of thoughts pertaining to the first few posts in that topic.

Someone states that none of the characters in XIII are likable, yet most of them in X are.

I don't understand this. I know it's different tastes, but the only characters in X that were interesting to me were Auron, Jecht, Braska, and O'aka the XXIII. Rikku was okay, but I hated the rest.

Someone stated the storytelling in X was genius.

All I can do is laugh at that... I didn't find it bad, but it was far from genius. I rank it as average along with XIII.

Also, I don't agree with the topic. People act like you shouldn't compare things way too much on here.

EscaSyra
4 years ago#5
Shadowrider70 posted...
Why not?

I'm looking for thoughts on this. I'm not saying people shouldn't, I just want to see their reasoning for it. Is that all you had to add to the topic? Great insight.

User Info: Shadowrider70

Shadowrider70
4 years ago#6
EscaSyra posted...
Shadowrider70 posted...
Why not?

I'm looking for thoughts on this. I'm not saying people shouldn't, I just want to see their reasoning for it. Is that all you had to add to the topic? Great insight.

Of course that's not all I have to say. There's just not much to reason with. They are different games, yes? Perhaps, in their eyes, one was a wonderful game, and the other was terrible with the worst characters ever. I, personally, did not care for either of them. Also, thank you, I know I provide great insight. :3
I'm an all around gamer. Hand me a game, I'll play through it, than give a detailed report about it.
PSN: Shadowrider74

User Info: kupo1705

kupo1705
4 years ago#7
Didn't we have this thread already?

EscaSyra
4 years ago#8
kupo1705 posted...

The horse isn't dead yet.

User Info: kupo1705

kupo1705
4 years ago#9
EscaSyra posted...
kupo1705 posted...

It's been dead for a while.

EscaSyra
4 years ago#10
kupo1705 posted...
EscaSyra posted...
kupo1705 posted...

It's been dead for a while.

It's still fun to beat.
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Why do people praise X as one of the best but hate XIII?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived