I have never seen a Muslim JRPG character

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. I have never seen a Muslim JRPG character

User Info: Elice_Carol

Elice_Carol
4 years ago#31
@Elice
If you ever come here (which I wouldn't recommend), first 2 drinks are on me!

I do plan on going this year, actually. Where in particular do you live, Zagreb?
"When you meet your God, tell Him to LEAVE ME THE *(&)% ALONE.'' - Guts
http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n496/Elice_Carol/

User Info: jelash

jelash
4 years ago#32
Close. 30km southwest of it.
''I don't pretend to understand Brannigan's Law. I enforce it.'' (Zapp Brannigan; Futurama)

User Info: j-fielding95

j-fielding95
4 years ago#33
They don't have to include every single type of person with differing beliefs or opinions in the game just to prove they aren't against it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_ONVOTwt0k#t=03m49s

User Info: Romangelo

Romangelo
4 years ago#34
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDuz51hhv7E

killing some of them make me happy.
X > V > T > VI > XII > XIII-2 > VIII > VII > X-2 > TLR > XIII > IV > IX > II > III > I

User Info: EchoPianist

EchoPianist
4 years ago#35
Rafa and Malak?

User Info: pnpdarrel

pnpdarrel
4 years ago#36
They weren't really Islamic. More Arabic then others, but not Muslim. Also, isn't it against Islamic law to have images of their religious leaders/figures/etc? I'm pretty sure that's the main thing...besides, it's "cool" to controversially use Christianity.
Some people want the the best of the best. Me, I'll take everything that they don't.
Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade invite ID: 96353b16

User Info: dark-world-q8

dark-world-q8
4 years ago#37
dils-d posted...
FF should learn to embrace everyone, regardless of religious beliefs.

if you meant Muslim looking or have arabic names , there are salem, nasir, saleh, jaffar, and hardin from fire emblem.

i don't think any game really say that their characters are Christians they just act like Christians, but i'm not really sure.

User Info: dark-world-q8

dark-world-q8
4 years ago#38
Johnwalt posted...
MalakTawus posted...

Finally there are ENORMOUS EVIDENT REASONS that explain why basing a fictional religion on islam could be very very problematic, only super naive people don't understand this objective obstacle,lol.

Anyone remember that, I think it was South Park, episode with Mohamad or w/e? That got a bunch of RAAAAAAAAAAAAGE from the muslims, and it was JUST A JOKE. Can you imagine what people would do if Final Fantasy made a joke, or even the slightest error on their religion?

no matter what nobody should make fun of any religion especially on tv, whether it's islam, christianity, hinduism, etc.

the definition of the word "joke":
a thing, situation, or person laughed at rather than taken seriously;

if a lot of people took it seriously than its not a joke.

User Info: itis41269

itis41269
4 years ago#39
dark-world-q8 posted...
Johnwalt posted...
MalakTawus posted...

Finally there are ENORMOUS EVIDENT REASONS that explain why basing a fictional religion on islam could be very very problematic, only super naive people don't understand this objective obstacle,lol.

Anyone remember that, I think it was South Park, episode with Mohamad or w/e? That got a bunch of RAAAAAAAAAAAAGE from the muslims, and it was JUST A JOKE. Can you imagine what people would do if Final Fantasy made a joke, or even the slightest error on their religion?

no matter what nobody should make fun of any religion especially on tv, whether it's islam, christianity, hinduism, etc.

It didnt even show him , you just heard him say "ok" in the back of a van
Nintendo puts the F between the Wii and the U......

User Info: MalakTawus

MalakTawus
4 years ago#40
dark-world-q8 posted...
Johnwalt posted...
MalakTawus posted...

I don't agree one bit with what you said.
If something that is clearly a joke is taken seriously by a lot of people it doesn't mean that that wasn't a joke, it simply means that there are a lot of integralist morons.
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. I have never seen a Muslim JRPG character

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived