Why Does SE Love FFXIII

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: shinigami_matt

shinigami_matt
4 years ago#21
Well, they did say they want to pump out FF's faster since fans are getting upset waiting for every game. The only way to do that is AC style, and reuse, reuse, and reuse some more.
Go then, there are other worlds than these. - The Gunslinger

User Info: heartlesshero17

heartlesshero17
4 years ago#22
shinigami_matt posted...
Well, they did say they want to pump out FF's faster since fans are getting upset waiting for every game. The only way to do that is AC style, and reuse, reuse, and reuse some more.

Cause fans only wanted FF and not any other series they liked or something new in general

But hey that still eliminates one of their problems slightly. Creates new problems though. Which is, will fans even except or like this in the first place when they always got new experiences with each title in the past. Or is the world you're reusing even liked enough to return?

Not speaking of this game specifically. Just saying. What if the next FF has the most forgettable world ever that nobody cares about. They'd probably end up reusing that world again cause it'll be cheap

decent plan by SE, IF they can pull it off
I'll eat a sock if VersusXIII is actually a mind blowing game.
-PainsPerception

User Info: shinigami_matt

shinigami_matt
4 years ago#23
Yeah, sequels are only a good idea if they come from games people actually liked. And even then, the sequel has to be good. That's a lot of risk.

LR is a huge risk. Even if it is amazing, there's no guarantee it will succeed.
Go then, there are other worlds than these. - The Gunslinger

User Info: heartlesshero17

heartlesshero17
4 years ago#24
shinigami_matt posted...
Yeah, sequels are only a good idea if they come from games people actually liked. And even then, the sequel has to be good. That's a lot of risk.

LR is a huge risk. Even if it is amazing, there's no guarantee it will succeed.

Considering the sales difference between the first and the second, and the reception of XIII-2 story I don't expect sales to be that great like FFXIII. It could maybe do as good as FFXIII-2.

It'll probably be an overall success. Then again, considering these guys unrealistic expectations, who knows how much they're expecting back
I'll eat a sock if VersusXIII is actually a mind blowing game.
-PainsPerception

User Info: tiornys

tiornys
4 years ago#25
I don't think they "love" FFXIII, and I don't think any of the poll choices quite hit the correct reasons for FFXIII-2 and LR:FFXIII, so I'm not voting. I think these games are effectively part of the damage control they've been performing ever since FFXIV tanked. Reuse of assets allows them to continue producing major console FF titles while they devote a large amount of resources to rescuing FFXIV.
http://etrosgate.com/

User Info: CityLumbar

CityLumbar
4 years ago#26
tiornys posted...
I don't think they "love" FFXIII, and I don't think any of the poll choices quite hit the correct reasons for FFXIII-2 and LR:FFXIII, so I'm not voting. I think these games are effectively part of the damage control they've been performing ever since FFXIV tanked. Reuse of assets allows them to continue producing major console FF titles while they devote a large amount of resources to rescuing FFXIV.

this
My boredom has outshined the sun

User Info: Holy_Wraith

Holy_Wraith
4 years ago#27
Dinah7 posted...
WAIT, so you admit that XIII is nothing but a cash cow but you all still love it? This logic...
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzvm4mQMzS1qa6lp8.gif

His logic is proof that there are more FF13/Lightning fanboys & fangirls and they're easier to milk than the true FF fans.
Gearbox screwed Aliens fans http://youtu.be/UGX2WE4QUw8
Currently playing Dead Space 3, Metal Gear Rising, Aliens: Colonial Marines - Bug Hunt

User Info: MalakTawus

MalakTawus
4 years ago#28
Holy_Wraith posted...
Dinah7 posted...
WAIT, so you admit that XIII is nothing but a cash cow but you all still love it? This logic...

His logic is proof that there are more FF13/Lightning fanboys & fangirls and they're easier to milk than the true FF fans.

"....true FF fans". /facepalm
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."

User Info: LolOkay

LolOkay
4 years ago#29
tiornys posted...

Beat me to it.

User Info: arvilino

arvilino
4 years ago#30
Dinah7 posted...

Final Fantasy is a cash cow series. Why would someone who likes FFXIII care that they'll re-use assets when it only results in more FFXIII series games and the complete story within an actually reasonable release schedule?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived