I would like one of the next FFs to be REAL Japanese, not weaboo.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. I would like one of the next FFs to be REAL Japanese, not weaboo.

User Info: Sir_Tom_Jones

Sir_Tom_Jones
4 years ago#1
Really, FF games arent paticulary what you call 'real japanese games'. Sure it has a few japanese nods bt thats t really. Its pretty weaboo with the fanservice and pink hair, ad with Tifa's cans and Yuna's korean singer look. I didnt mind, but i want a REAL ancient japanese samurai themed game for once. With magic and summons included.

Inb4 they had samurai-job.

Yeah, thats not enough for me.

I wonder how people will react on a samurai FF.
I took my lil sis to the Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards 2013 and i had a blast, lol - Anime logic http://tinyurl.com/d75gpz3

User Info: dils-d

dils-d
4 years ago#2
Don't know. Personally I don't find the theme very interesting, but I would be fine with it if it wouldn't be limited to realism. I'd still want Summons and magic and all that regardless of the setting.

What I would really hate is if they try to turn the style of the game into something more "Japanese", that is with underaged girls wearing next to nothing, every name ending with a stupid courtesy phrase, all women being based on looks alone and all chins being triangular for no conceivable reason.

That is the day I leave this series.
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1ygaoSj061r359ri.gif
Hrnfrgnrg so adorable

User Info: mahroflcopter

mahroflcopter
4 years ago#3
Pink Hair = Anime trope/anime stylization... I don't think you know what weaboo means.

Capcom has already done an ancient Japan series, it's called Sengoku Basara. And guess what? It's full of Anime tropes (Hell, they even made an anime about the games). Making something about ancient Japan does not automatically mean the disappearance of Anime tropes and does not make it "Real Japanese". So what you really want is for new writers who will be super serious about the subject matter.
Currently going "squa squa squa!"
To the Devil May Cry franchise: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls0e5g1oWn1qjkv09o1_500.gif... at least for now.

User Info: mahroflcopter

mahroflcopter
4 years ago#4
dils-d posted...

What I would really hate is if they try to turn the style of the game into something more "Japanese", that is with underaged girls wearing next to nothing, every name ending with a stupid courtesy phrase, all women being based on looks alone and all chins being triangular for no conceivable reason.

That is the day I leave this series.

I think that's the day 80% of us leave the series. No lolicon, shotacon, kawaii-desu stuff for me, please.

Being more serious, I heavily doubt they'd ever do that.
Currently going "squa squa squa!"
To the Devil May Cry franchise: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls0e5g1oWn1qjkv09o1_500.gif... at least for now.

Sir_Tom_Jones
4 years ago#5
mahroflcopter posted...
Pink Hair = Anime trope/anime stylization... I don't think you know what weaboo means.

Capcom has already done an ancient Japan series, it's called Sengoku Basara. And guess what? It's full of Anime tropes (Hell, they even made an anime about the games). Making something about ancient Japan does not automatically mean the disappearance of Anime tropes and does not make it "Real Japanese". So what you really want is for new writers who will be super serious about the subject matter.

I know exactly what it is. I just used it exaggerted. FF didnt used to service to mindless i-think-i-know-everything about-japan-just-because i played FF for years-weaboos untill recent years.

Nah, i dont want all anime tropes to go away but FF7 and FF8 were the closest to being less anime than XIII. Heck even FF X wasnt that anime. Yes, apart from Tidus.

Point being, id fancy a ancient Japanese setting someday. Heck it can even be for a portable.
I took my lil sis to the Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards 2013 and i had a blast, lol - Anime logic http://tinyurl.com/d75gpz3

User Info: TheGreatPotato

TheGreatPotato
4 years ago#6
Yeah, you do not know what weeaboo means.
Dresdenfall is amazing, if you know what I mean :) /wink wink
'I have far superior grasp of the English language then you do.' - hyro56

Sir_Tom_Jones
4 years ago#7
TheGreatPotato posted...

I do but i made a exaggerating point. and XIII isnt weaboo at all! *cough*. Open your eyes.

TheGreatPotato
4 years ago#8
Sir_Tom_Jones posted...
TheGreatPotato posted...

I do but i made a exaggerating point. and XIII isnt weaboo at all! *cough*. Open your eyes.

You should really look up the word before posting...

Sir_Tom_Jones
4 years ago#9
TheGreatPotato posted...
Sir_Tom_Jones posted...
TheGreatPotato posted...

I know exactly what i means, i just didnt bother formulating my post, lord, this board is easy offended.

TheGreatPotato
4 years ago#10
Sir_Tom_Jones posted...
TheGreatPotato posted...
Sir_Tom_Jones posted...
TheGreatPotato posted...

I know exactly what i means, i just didnt bother formulating my post, lord, this board is easy offended.

Lol...you are the only one who is offended.

Weeaboos are people who want absolutely everything Japanese, whether it makes sense or not. They are the people who want everything as subtitles only, and refuse to accept that any western influence could make something better.
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. I would like one of the next FFs to be REAL Japanese, not weaboo.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived