In your opinion, what is Square-Enix doing wrong?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. In your opinion, what is Square-Enix doing wrong?

User Info: Lienhart

Lienhart
3 years ago#1
Is it just because we grew up or do Final Fantasy games actually suck now?

User Info: dils-d

dils-d
3 years ago#2
Making me love them.
im on cloud canon dudes otp

User Info: King_Shortt_IX

King_Shortt_IX
3 years ago#3
That is a loaded question, but I would say both. Growing up and nostalgia have played a part in this rift, but SE's incompetence in developing games this gen and public relations have played a big role as well.
Adult collectible. This is not a toy.

User Info: TwilightOdin

TwilightOdin
3 years ago#4
Listening to "fans".
My dreams of seeing HopuRai come true have shattered like crystal...
LR's Main theme is going to be titled 'Prayer'. I. Said it. First.

User Info: j-fielding95

j-fielding95
3 years ago#5
Nothing. They are doing everything perfectly.

So much so I have LR, XIV, X/X-2HD and XV all pre ordered.
The Lightning of the next generation: http://squareportal.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/ffxvmysterywoman-copy.png

User Info: Panda_Kun

Panda_Kun
3 years ago#6
Making another lame Lightning game that the fanboys go crazy over.
The Official Pancham of Every F****** Board
Ellie from "TLOU" is a total boss.

User Info: StupidMofoz

StupidMofoz
3 years ago#7
So far they are doing everything, the mmorpgs are my favorite entries in the entire series and this game looks really great also.

User Info: j-fielding95

j-fielding95
3 years ago#8
Panda_Kun posted...
Making another lame Lightning game that the fanboys go crazy over.

You're lame.
The Lightning of the next generation: http://squareportal.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/ffxvmysterywoman-copy.png

User Info: Lienhart

Lienhart
3 years ago#9
Here is an all time view of their stock performance, aka, what inventors and the public think of them without the fanboy/news paper bull crap.

https://www.google.ca/finance?cid=679777

As you can see, Square-Enix did extremely well during the PS2 era. Following the global economic crash in 2008, they never recovered. I'm no stock expert, but I've made money off companies I believe in (namely, Activision Blizzard).

In my opinion, Square-Enix's decisions reek of arrogance. While Final Fantasy XIII and XII-2 weren't completely abysmal, Final Fantasy XIV was. I remember getting into the game's beta and seeing the flop before it even occurred. It doesn't take a system analyst or systems engineer to see what was wrong with the game. Many gamers were screaming doom and giving good reasons for Square-Enix to not push their product out but with no official way to communicate with them (aka forums), the product was pushed and millions of dollars lost.

Now, Square-Enix is doing the complete reverse, listening to everything the fans are saying. I don't know if this is a better approach because Blizzard, while known for listening to fans, doesn't listen to every single whine, if they did we'd have a FOTM class every month in World of Warcraft.

Square-Enix clearly has lost huge amounts of money otherwise they would have not been forced to reuse Final Fantasy XIII assets three times and renamed Versus XV. I really do hope that they get themselves out of this ditch because no matter what the fanboys say, the inventors have the final word, no money invested == no games for us and the charts show constant drops =(

User Info: MalakTawus

MalakTawus
3 years ago#10
I still love their games so i have absolutely no problem with SE.
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. In your opinion, what is Square-Enix doing wrong?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived