Is there a way to make Dryads drop Galestrikes more often?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Is there a way to make Dryads drop Galestrikes more often?

User Info: Cliche

Cliche
1 year ago#1
I've been staggering or killing them without staggering hoping for either of these tricks to work but useless. I always have Beggar's Beads equipped as well. It's rare for them to drop Galestrikes. Dryads being easily extinct due to allies summoning makes this worse. Double worse since the summoned Dryads unable to drop anything.

If anyone knows the trick to easy Galestrike farming or care to share their experience on how they managed to get Galestrikes easily during their playthrough, I hope you share. Any guidance is greatly appreciated.
Still alive in 2016.

User Info: xfyrenx

xfyrenx
1 year ago#2
Apart from killing them before they summon to have more chances (using En-fire, Deprotect and Heavy Slash), I don't see anything that would help.
Don't worry; your manhood will be safe even if one of the PCs in the next game wears pink. Get over it. - EvenSpoonier

Cliche
1 year ago#3
So, even at least staggering Dryad actually doesn't help with Galestrike drop? If that's the case, I'll equip Firewyrm Bracelet for enfire effect, cast deprotect, deshell and imperil, then. Purple Lightning's Flame ability and of course Heavy Slash. I hope these are enough for quick killing the Dryad since this is my first ever normal mode replay.

I'll test the result two days later. Thanks a lot, xfyrenx.
Still alive in 2016.

User Info: xfyrenx

xfyrenx
1 year ago#4
Cliche posted...
So, even at least staggering Dryad actually doesn't help with Galestrike drop?

I don't know for sure, but from my experience, it doesn't seem to. At the same time, I never tried to farm Galestrike before, so I never really paid that much attentions to Dryads.
Don't worry; your manhood will be safe even if one of the PCs in the next game wears pink. Get over it. - EvenSpoonier

User Info: inkubus922

inkubus922
1 year ago#5
I have no idea.....I might have a powered up Galestrike on my main file, but I also have never really farmed for it. I got whatever drops from exterminating them and synth'd those, but that's it.

Not very helpful, I know. lol
PSN/Nintendo ID: shakejunt922

User Info: Arthellinus

Arthellinus
1 year ago#6
There are no modifiers to Galestrike's drop rate. It's 7.5% (15% with Beads), period. Just prevent any summons to maximize your chances.

Cliche
1 year ago#7
inkubus922 posted...
I have no idea.....I might have a powered up Galestrike on my main file, but I also have never really farmed for it. I got whatever drops from exterminating them and synth'd those, but that's it.

I would do the simple job as you did if I didn't try to max every abilities from level 1 to 5. Well, barring the ultimate spells, Ice Blitz and Elementa though because these abilities are the mother of tediousness to farm to the max.

Anyway, thank you so much all of you for the contribution. At least I got the answer to my curiosity and don't have to experiment possible "tricks" anymore. It hurts my poor soul knowing that there is no easy way to farm Galestrike. I wish it's as easy as farming Beat Down from Desdemona.
Still alive in 2016.
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Is there a way to make Dryads drop Galestrikes more often?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived