Gauntlets - why bother?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: tom76b

tom76b
1 year ago#1
I have just seen the shops begin to sell gauntlets (I think I'm on day 5). I don't understand why I would ever equip them. They take up the shield slot (so I have no shield) and they offer very little protection and next to no benefit.
Am I missing something?

User Info: jeffheng

jeffheng
1 year ago#2
increase attack if i can recall correctly
FFRK Friend Code 2QVo
Dreamstage

User Info: xfyrenx

xfyrenx
1 year ago#3
Increase attack and ATB speed. Plus you don't necessarily need a proper shield on all garbs.
Don't worry; your manhood will be safe even if one of the PCs in the next game wears pink. Get over it. - EvenSpoonier

User Info: inkubus922

inkubus922
1 year ago#4
^that, plus for style points.
PSN/Nintendo ID: shakejunt922

User Info: Lightning13

Lightning13
1 year ago#5
They're useful as long as you haven't hit the max str/mag cap before equipping them. Then you'd just be better off using a light shield that increases ATB speed.
The illusions of the past. You think to have cast them off, only to find them years later, unwearying, unrelenting.
- Foris Zecht

User Info: Boricua_Kidd21

Boricua_Kidd21
1 year ago#6
If I equip one, I usually use them for a schemata where I have the 'evade' ability equipped instead of a 'guard' ability.

User Info: MoodyHoe

MoodyHoe
1 year ago#7
What's the str/mag cap ?
'Anyone can speak Troll,' said Fred dismissively, 'all you have to do is point and grunt.'

xfyrenx
1 year ago#8
MoodyHoe posted...
What's the str/mag cap ?

5000 with limits on, I think it's 9999 or 10k with limits off.

Boricua_Kidd21 posted...
If I equip one, I usually use them for a schemata where I have the 'evade' ability equipped instead of a 'guard' ability.

Not a bad idea, although you can't guard cancel if you use evade.
Don't worry; your manhood will be safe even if one of the PCs in the next game wears pink. Get over it. - EvenSpoonier

User Info: MoodyHoe

MoodyHoe
1 year ago#9
Um,how do you turn off the limits ?
'Anyone can speak Troll,' said Fred dismissively, 'all you have to do is point and grunt.'

xfyrenx
1 year ago#10
MoodyHoe posted...
Um,how do you turn off the limits ?

NG+, you get a key item that'll give you an extra option in the settings. Turning the limits off also disables battle scores.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived