Man these "codec" calls...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them

User Info: Seitar

Seitar
2 months ago#1
I just got the game yesterday and I'm really enjoying it so far. But crap whenever Hope calls in to tell you something or Light has an inner monologue I'm afraid to move in case it interrupts the convo and I miss out on something like hints for a quest or something.

I'm in Yusnaan right now going through the industrial zone and Hope calls in every few steps(at least that's how it feels) to tell me something about the fal'cie or Snow, stuff I would like to listen to. But not only are enemies spawning left and right pausing the conversation when in battle, bu sometimes even when standing still Hope drops the current conversation to tell me something about a Chaos infusion but he doesn't even get to finish that one because he now has to tell me something about the fal'cie again...

I guess I just needed to went, it's just such huge pet peeve of mine, I wouldn't mind it so much if there was a text log or something.
PSN: Seitar-Hubbe

User Info: xfyrenx

xfyrenx
2 months ago#2
I know the feeling, and unfortunately, there's not much we can do about it apart from not doing anything and replaying the game if you missed one (or just giving up about them).
Don't worry; your manhood will be safe even if one of the PCs in the next game wears pink. Get over it. - EvenSpoonier

User Info: Seitar

Seitar
2 months ago#3
It's good to know I'm not alone in this. It doesn't help the issue that due to the time limit I want to constantly on the move (not that it stresses me, I just want to be efficient) but Hope talks so slow and has these awkward pauses between sentences that makes it feel like I'm waiting for the staring gun in a race or something to be able to continue the game.

By 2014 one would think a company like Squeenix would have mastered this stuff but then again maybe the lines are much shorter in Japanese and it's due to localization that this problem exists.
PSN: Seitar-Hubbe

User Info: JolosGhost

JolosGhost
2 months ago#4
Hey Lightning, I was just getting some reading on a new Fal-
Shrrrrk
Lightning, I picked up some chatter about some monst-
Shrrrrk
Lightning-
Shrrrrk
Ligh-
Shrrrrk
Shrrrrk

"I just got back from the bathroom, what did I miss?"
"First guy can pull me outta her will be the next king of England."

User Info: inkubus922

inkubus922
2 months ago#5
Super annoying. I've beat this game at least 10 times and I still don't think I've heard all the dialogue because of this.
http://imgur.com/yVK9FyV
PSN/NNID: shakejunt922

User Info: xfyrenx

xfyrenx
2 months ago#6
Yusnaan in particular is really bad about those calls. First, at the industrial area, where you get one just after giving the ticket, and then another as soon as you set foot inside, and plenty inside. Then, the whole blow the statue to get into the palace quests, you get a lot of calls in a short time every time you have to interact with the door (the one that needs the ID).

And even in the palace you get a lot of calls (and a lot of fights to interrupt said calls).
Don't worry; your manhood will be safe even if one of the PCs in the next game wears pink. Get over it. - EvenSpoonier

User Info: UnseenChaos

UnseenChaos
2 months ago#7
6:00
Light, it's almost time to come back to Ark.

Okay Hope, gotcha.

6:30
Light, -message erased from memory-

6:45
SHUT UP, HOPE!
YouTube (UnseenChaos):
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCBkalGL0eiXCGRCSsmoy0tg

User Info: UnseenChaos

UnseenChaos
2 months ago#8
Damn, meant 5, 5:30, and 5:45. No way to edit. :(
YouTube (UnseenChaos):
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCBkalGL0eiXCGRCSsmoy0tg
(message deleted)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived