Ultimately a flawed game

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: icecutter17

icecutter17
2 months ago#1
it basically forces you to enter New Game Plus when confronting the 3rd boss (Caius), who is far too difficult with the little time left.

In New Game Plus everything is now too easy.

Flawed design, you can tell the developers kind of lost interest after midway and then rushed it out.
Even angels cast shadows

User Info: xfyrenx

xfyrenx
2 months ago#2
icecutter17 posted...
it basically forces you to enter New Game Plus when confronting the 3rd boss (Caius)

Er, no, not at all. You can fight the bosses in any order, and time doesn't flow when in a fight, so I don't see how him being difficult has to do with the remaining time or forcing a NG+.

As for NG+ being too easy, tell that to final boss+.
Don't worry; your manhood will be safe even if one of the PCs in the next game wears pink. Get over it. - EvenSpoonier

icecutter17
2 months ago#3
??? No you cannot fight the bosses in any order, not if youve only been using 1 or 2 save slots like me (I did not want to go back a whole 2 days or something, might aswell just do New Game+).

By the time you had committed time to doing a main dungeon you pretty much had to defeat the boss or run out of time. And it is fairly heavily implied in the game that Wild Lands is the place to go after defeating Snow. Bear in mind that I did NOT use guidance of any sort when playing this game, as always is the case when I play a new game.
Even angels cast shadows
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: Melodia

Melodia
2 months ago#4
Er, icecutter17 posted...
??? No you cannot fight the bosses in any order, not if youve only been using 1 or 2 save slots like me (I did not want to go back a whole 2 days or something, might aswell just do New Game+).

Sure you can. What makes you think you can't?
Always Remember, Green Hair Is Cool.

icecutter17
2 months ago#5
No, you will run out of time and get a Game Over. Remember I said I had been playing the game completely without a Guide, by the time you have defeated Snow you don't have time to pick and choose which main quest to do next, you have to commit to one.
Even angels cast shadows

User Info: saiberiac

saiberiac
2 months ago#6
I guess the way you are playing is what caused your problems. I'm on my first play through right now. Went to Dead Dunes after getting to the fight with Caius, completed the main quest missions there, and then went back to fight Caius. It was much easier.

icecutter17
2 months ago#7
yes you must have had more days left than me. Tbh I spent a lot of time doing these silly little quests in Luxerion and Yusnaan, I thought the Eradia they gave me would buy me a day or 2.

It's only until I checked the internet after being killed by Caius that I learnt you have to complete FORTY of these little quests to get an extra day (as opposed to 1 single main quest).
Even angels cast shadows

User Info: xfyrenx

xfyrenx
2 months ago#8
icecutter17 posted...
Tbh I spent a lot of time doing these silly little quests in Luxerion and Yusnaan, I thought the Eradia they gave me would buy me a day or 2.

They do. You need only about 5 quests on the first day to get another day.

icecutter17 posted...
It's only until I checked the internet after being killed by Caius that I learnt you have to complete FORTY of these little quests to get an extra day (as opposed to 1 single main quest).

No, that's for the 14th day (the bonus day).

icecutter17 posted...
By the time you had committed time to doing a main dungeon you pretty much had to defeat the boss or run out of time.

Have you ever thought of using Chronostasis if you're so short on time?

icecutter17 posted...
And it is fairly heavily implied in the game that Wild Lands is the place to go after defeating Snow.

Where? The only thing I can think of would be the order of the categories in the quest log, and that means absolutely nothing.

Other than that, you can definitely do the bosses in any order, guide or no, and save slots have nothing to do with anything. I didn't use a guide the first time I played either, and I still managed to beat all the main quests with time to spare.
Don't worry; your manhood will be safe even if one of the PCs in the next game wears pink. Get over it. - EvenSpoonier

icecutter17
2 months ago#9
xfyrenx posted...

I didn't use a guide the first time I played either, and I still managed to beat all the main quests with time to spare.

https://i.imgur.com/YxhCJAR.jpg
Even angels cast shadows

User Info: saiberiac

saiberiac
2 months ago#10
Hah, at day 8 I only had two side quests left. The one that requires you to kill all the Last Ones and Aeronite. Now on day 10 and I've got all the Prayer quests done. Kinda bored. It seems like a waste to sleep through the remaining days so I'm trying to find the rare forge and get some more Last Ones before the end. If I knew there would be so much spare time I would have spaced out my side questing a bit more.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.