Ultimately a flawed game

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Ahrichu

Ahrichu
1 month ago#41
Aeronite is actually easy if you know the tricks (not even joking)

1 great garb for full defense is already good enough as your defense

in my case i always did Sacred Knight + Angel Halo accessories (with Heavy guard lvl max + guard efficiency +30 as the passive)

that garb is already good enough to guard entire damage Aeronite going to deal]

the problem or the burden is dealing 58 M damage... that will take at least 7 to 12 minutes..

except for the Fogga or Painga you need to switch to the next garb equipped with anti pain and the other one with anti fog so you dont need to use Nektar of the Gods Omega / Remedy.

this garb to be honest is broken as fk... caius = negated, snow = negated, ereshkigal except meteor and Supernova = negated bhunivelze except wings of destruction (triggering monad beget balls) is guarded 100% by this garb, even aeronite except the magnet spell all of them is neglect-able.

one thing i forgot... vs Bhunivelze you have to perfect guard the 'dancing mad' with sacred knight to get 0 damage

also the way you obtain it isn't even hard.. go to the same temple of goddess and find the 2 artifact needed for the quest and then return to poltae and get the other 3 by gliding
http://steamcommunity.com/id/ahrichu/screenshot/863988952867372088
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: icecutter17

icecutter17
4 weeks ago#42
Cloudxchan posted...
icecutter17 posted...
Cloudxchan posted...
icecutter17 posted...
Lastly, many ppl died at Caius first time round, as I did, and a google search will reveal this.
The guy that posted above you even could not beat Bhunivelze first time around.

I did beat Caius first time around though. Just saying.

nice, well done

was he the 3rd main quest you completed may I ask?
Or did you somehow have the incredible good foresight to go and do the Dunes first

Actually I believe I healed the angel of Valhalla then did Most of sazhs quests, then went to the dead dunes then back to killed caius, for some reason I didn't want to go into the ruins, and I wanted to see fang. Caius is low on my interest level.

RPG sixth sense? Well done, you did better than I did

though "I wanted to see Fang" suggests you may have had guidance of some kind... But I'll give you a pass
Even angels cast shadows

User Info: theresay

theresay
3 weeks ago#43
icecutter17 posted...
Cloudxchan posted...
icecutter17 posted...
Cloudxchan posted...
icecutter17 posted...
Lastly, many ppl died at Caius first time round, as I did, and a google search will reveal this.
The guy that posted above you even could not beat Bhunivelze first time around.

I did beat Caius first time around though. Just saying.

nice, well done

was he the 3rd main quest you completed may I ask?
Or did you somehow have the incredible good foresight to go and do the Dunes first

Actually I believe I healed the angel of Valhalla then did Most of sazhs quests, then went to the dead dunes then back to killed caius, for some reason I didn't want to go into the ruins, and I wanted to see fang. Caius is low on my interest level.

RPG sixth sense? Well done, you did better than I did

though "I wanted to see Fang" suggests you may have had guidance of some kind... But I'll give you a pass

Or maybe he just liked Fang better than Caius as a character, so he wanted to see Fang first.

User Info: icecutter17

icecutter17
3 weeks ago#44
theresay posted...

Or maybe he just liked Fang better than Caius as a character, so he wanted to see Fang first.

But how did he know where to find Fang, or that she even was in the game
Even angels cast shadows

User Info: andri_g

andri_g
3 weeks ago#45
icecutter17 posted...

Not necessarily a walk-through, but maybe a sneak peek at returning characters and their MOs in LR.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii/Fang
'~'

User Info: omegafire18

omegafire18
3 weeks ago#46
icecutter17 posted...
theresay posted...

As far as the latter point, anyone who's played the previous two games would assume that she would be in it, at least in some capacity. Not to mention, following news outlets for upcoming games (as some do), there were mentions of Noel, Hope, and Snow for LR, as far as I remember - it's likely there were mentions of the others too

^So maybe he fits one or the other, or even both
If I post about something, it's because I ultimately like it - flaws tend not to personally matter after initial acceptance, if still acknowledged in general.

User Info: andri_g

andri_g
3 weeks ago#47
omegafire18 posted...
Not to mention, following news outlets for upcoming games (as some do), there were mentions of Noel, Hope, and Snow for LR, as far as I remember - it's likely there were mentions of the others too

I think icecutter17's point is that having a specific target and locating it with such immediate success (on the first try) indicates that knowledge from a reliable source was involved.
'~'

User Info: Melodia

Melodia
3 weeks ago#48
icecutter seems to think that everyone plays games they same way they do, which is silly.
Always Remember, Green Hair Is Cool.

User Info: Reciful_II

Reciful_II
3 weeks ago#49
He might've just been exploring the different areas, found Fang and stuck with her. The game gives you plenty of time for exploring and trial and error.

The only things I didn't do on my first play through were Aeronite, Ergishkal and getting an elixir. I'm sure I could've beat Ergishkal as well but I used all my ethers the day before trying to last one meonekton, I felt pretty stupid when I got a 14th day to beat him.
It doesn't matter what I put in here, it's probably been done already

User Info: realmochaos

realmochaos
1 week ago#50
icecutter17 posted...
theresay posted...

It could be from reaching Noel day 2 after midnight when the path opens and getting a main mission marker to talk to Vanille in the cathedral.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.