Any point in doing NG+ after completing the game seriously?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Any point in doing NG+ after completing the game seriously?

User Info: icecutter17

icecutter17
2 months ago#1
So looks like I can now upgrade my weapons and shields ooooh

but seriously is this just a cheap hook to get you to play the game again??

I'm seriously just one-shotting monsters with my Flesh Render sword, this is ridiculous.

I can go back and select Hard, but seriously any point? Is it time to play another game
Even angels cast shadows

User Info: xfyrenx

xfyrenx
2 months ago#2
If you don't want more challenge out of the bosses in hard mode, or completing the bestiary, or maxing out your stats, or making maxed out abilities, then no, there's no point to NG+, it'll be more of the same.
Don't worry; your manhood will be safe even if one of the PCs in the next game wears pink. Get over it. - EvenSpoonier

icecutter17
2 months ago#3
Thanks for the reply

Final Fantasy X remaster it is then
Even angels cast shadows

User Info: theresay

theresay
2 months ago#4
icecutter17 posted...
So looks like I can now upgrade my weapons and shields ooooh

but seriously is this just a cheap hook to get you to play the game again??

I'm seriously just one-shotting monsters with my Flesh Render sword, this is ridiculous.

I can go back and select Hard, but seriously any point? Is it time to play another game

But isn't that with most NG+? If you carry over your stats you'd be overpowered unless you choose a higher difficulty. Most game's NG+ are just more of the same thing, maybe add a couple of bonus items or collectibles, but otherwise the experience stay the same.

icecutter17
2 months ago#5
I re-started on Hard, it was just like starting the game again but with different weaponry

the Upgrade Your Weapons and Shields to me seemed like a cheap ploy to get you to play the game again (with basically nothing else new)

nope sorry, it's time this disc comes out of my PS3

Square Enix and FF devs I still love ya though
Even angels cast shadows
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Any point in doing NG+ after completing the game seriously?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived