*Spoiler* (or not) best way to kill Earth Eaters/Chocobo Eaters

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. *Spoiler* (or not) best way to kill Earth Eaters/Chocobo Eaters

User Info: TheUndeadLord

TheUndeadLord
2 months ago#1
So, i know i'm very late to post this thing here, as this game is quite unpopular among FF fans and it's somewhat old, but better later than never. I'm going to share with you guys my best way of killing these gruesome monsters with the new players (if any).
What you will need:
Cyber Jump Suit with aerora, ATB recharger(to make the things faster)
Ghost hood or Ghost Crown(Ghost hood you gain when defet Snow for the first time, while the crown is when you defeat him a second time) and a Guard Glove
A Soldier of Peace Garb with Heavy Slash(the higher the LV, better)
Another ATB recharger
And some Remedy/Mega Remedy
Strategy
Start with CJS and recharge your atb with atb recharger( Really?). Don't worry when the Earth/Chocobo Eater come to attack you, because you will be immune to physical damage. After the monster whitdrawls, attack it with aerora and quickly switch to SOP and recharge it with your Atb Recharger again. As the monster gets close again, attack with Aerora wuntil you Stag it, then, immediately, switch to SOP and stab it with your Heavy Slash(that now is artemis arrow with 2,5 more damage). As the monster returns, switch back to CJS and repeat the whole process. Sometimes, the Earth Eater will attack you with his "I don't feel so good and may cause you suffer from poison, pain and defaith. If that happens, use a remedy or mega remedy(preferably the mega) to cure from your status ailments. Sometimes, Earth Eater can use this attacks many times in a row, so just use the recovery items asfter you be sure that he won't use this attack again for a while, to avoid waste your remedies. After being cured, repeat the process until you finally kill that monster.

*alternatively, if you equip your garb of SOP with an item that protects you against pain and receive the status ailments while using that garb, you can use a single remedy.

So, i know this can be kind aconfusing and unnecessary, but i hope it helps the newbies.
There are no lies for those who don't seek the truth

User Info: Touya999

Touya999
1 month ago#2
@Plant42
Nintendo switch fc : SW-3862-0989-2485
I normally don't get erectile dysfunction. But when i do, it isn't so hard. This is low..... tier... goooooooodddd

User Info: Plant42

Plant42
1 month ago#3
Well it's been years since I've played this. I don't even fully remember how the battle system works lol

User Info: Touya999

Touya999
1 month ago#4
@Plant42
@Matt-Moores
@AyumiSqueezetoy
@almasno1fan
@aussie2b

Hi.
Nintendo switch fc : SW-3862-0989-2485
I normally don't get erectile dysfunction. But when i do, it isn't so hard. This is low..... tier... goooooooodddd

User Info: Ahrichu

Ahrichu
1 month ago#5
chocobo eater is easy since you dont need the stagger mechanic like earth eater, but faster stagger ofc deals tons of damage... for the earth eater i did post that on someone that is also struggle on beating earth eater... go check that discussion and ask me if needed more help

User Info: omegafire18

omegafire18
1 month ago#6
My strategy is to use a combination of Aerora (one garb) and Galestrike (other garb) on Chocobo Eater, with help from Chaos Revenge. Combined with Evade and Guard on specific attacks, and then you can stagger them for easy damage. He gets buffs? Steal them with Brave Thief accessory using Heavy Slash :P

Overall same thing with Earth Eater. Stagger him once with Aerora, inflict enough damage that he gets angry (Attack actually works well enough), steal buffs through method above (while using Evade three times to avoid his 'breath' attack's ailments, and guard against his getting-angry shockwave), stagger him with Aerora, stagger again with Galestrike, then wail on him

^Once you've waited to get enough stats/decent weapons/upgraded abilities, and with some practice, can be farmed relatively easily XD
If I post about something, it's because I ultimately like it - flaws tend not to personally matter after initial acceptance, if still acknowledged in general.

User Info: realmochaos

realmochaos
2 weeks ago#7
Counterspell makes Earth Eaters a joke.

Not sure about Chocobo Eaters, been a while.

User Info: andri_g

andri_g
1 week ago#8
First punch/bite attack, defend using Heavy Guard. Attack using Beat Down and a staff with 20%+ stagger; one strike just before he withdraws, wait half-of-a-second, then continue (the attack-chain is unbroken; all of your Jump stagger attacks will connect). Depending on whether or not you're fighting in a chaos infusion, use a strike from Chaos Revenge for a stagger break or a second round of Beat Downs.

Once staggered, either go for the Lv.2 stagger with 1) Beat Down, or 2) Imperil+Deshell+Aerora magic, OR finish the fight with Artemis's Arrows (Soldier of Peace).

It's not fancy, but it works.
'~'
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. *Spoiler* (or not) best way to kill Earth Eaters/Chocobo Eaters

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.