Chaos-Infused Auto-Abilities (the hard ones & the impossible ones)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Chaos-Infused Auto-Abilities (the hard ones & the impossible ones)

User Info: DangerousHabits

DangerousHabits
1 month ago#1
Okay, so I picked this game up again, and telling myself it was just to get my 100% for achievements, I now find myself drawn into collecting every Rare Synthesis and Chaos-Infused Auto-Abilities (henceforth known as CIAAs). Let me share what I've found for those of you w/the OCD all of us RPG gamers share, so that you may collect ones you've missed, and stop trying for those that are just plain impossible. One last tid-bit, even though it's not entirely relevant to this topic, every Ability has a Rare Synthesis Auto-Ability. They may take several Exit Games and Loads to achieve a synthesis that awards an auto-ability, let alone two that match (the precursor to synthesizing a Rare one), but "every" Ability has a Rare Synthesis. But, as I'll list, not every Ability has a Chaos-Infused counterpart.

Starting with Physical Abilities...
"Ice Blitz" The enemy Wendigos that drop this only spawn on The Last Day, and there are no areas where they may be drawn into a Chaos Infusion. All other Elemental Blitzes drop from enemies that can be drawn into a Chaos Infusion, so why this one was singled out is just plain weird.

Magic Abilities...
"Flare" (Caius), "Chill" (Snow, Snow+, Snow++), "Surge" (Grendel, Parandus), and "Tornado" (Noel, Noel+) These only drop from Bosses that don't spawn in Chaos Infusions (even though Snow's entire palace if full of them... weird) and from God's Sanctum (where you defeat the trials to obtain the Ultima Weapon and Shield) from chests.

"Elementa" This only drops from Arcangeli, which like Wendigo, only appear on The Last Day, making a CIAA impossible to drop (not to mention the highest level it can drop at is 4 anyway. CIAAs can only drop on level 5 Abilities).

"Elementaga" This only drops from Bhunivelze and Bhunivelze+, again making a CIAA impossible to obtain.

DangerousHabits
1 month ago#2
Defensive Abilities...
"Guard" and "NullAll Guard" These aren't actually isn't impossible to get, just very frustrating. They only drop from Gertrudes in The Warren in Luxerion. While Guard can drop at level 5, save yourself some time and try to get both it and NullAll Guard (which only drops at level 5 on The Extra Day) at once. This means completing all 5 Main Quests and enough Side Quests to trigger The Extra Day, and then waiting/sleeping until 00:00. Pulling a Gertrude to the Pilgrim's Causeway (which is much closer) only results in it being blocked by the blockades at each end of that area, and even swiping your sword at the Gertrude just on the other side of said blockade results in a normal battle instead of one that draws it into the Chaos Infusion. Instead, you must pull a Gertrude from The Warren entrance closest to the Train Station (watching your mini-map closely instead of trying to look behind you) all the way to The Arcade (where Baird the Soul Seed buyer is). There's a predetermined Chaos Infusion that pops at the same time The Warren opens up (00:00 to 06:00). The hardest part of the pull are the narrow stairs, so swing as widely as possible during these parts of the pull. With patience, it can be done, and good luck with your drop!

"Heroic Guard" Only drops from Ereshkigal on The Extra Day, and only in a small area where Chaos Infusions do not occur, not to mention not dropping at level 5 at all.

Ailment Abilities...
"Deprotega," "Deshellga," Imperilga," "Slowga," "Dispelga," and "Disaster" These don't drop at level 5, or in areas where Chaos Infusions occur, or a combination of the two factors. So, ix-nay on the CIAAs for any of these.

"Slow" Skeletons can't be pulled from their underground depths to an area where Chaos Infusions occur, making it impossible yet again to get a CIAA.

"Curse" and "Cursega" Someone made a video of how to pull a group of two Flanitors and a Personal Guard near the Cactuar statue in City of Yusnaan all the way to the Chaos Infusion that spawns in the Industrial Area, so props to that individual, and please feel free to use that method. I've also tried and succeeded in pulling a group of the same enemies from near the singer's stage to the Chaos Infusion that spawns at the Palace Graden's, so either method should work to get a drop for these two CIAAs.

If anyone has any input or questions, or if I've overlooked any Abilities, please let me know.

User Info: andri_g

andri_g
1 month ago#3
There are other ways to acquire a few of these abilities and their rare auto-abilities.

Elementa: one is available in The Wildlands from a treasure sphere in the Goddess' Temple. It can be farmed from the temple, with heavy CoA use, for a Lv.3^. The video I saw on this didn't specify whether it's better to farm them all from the temple (Lv.2; 100%) or half from the temple and the other half from Final Day Arcangeli on Hard (Lv.4; 10%) to synthesize an ATB-cost optimized Elementa Lv.*.

Guard, NullAllGuard: Stagger Gertrudes (use Thundara Lv.1 x2 on two schemata; raises drop-rate to 33%) then take the abilities dropped to an Alchemist Shop (e.g., Old Town). Synthesize *more* than two Lv.4s of it with the same auto-ability. I have ATB-cost optimized versions of both of these abilities using this method. Their respawn rate is high enough that it takes longer to synthesize the rare auto-ability than it does to gather the base abilities themselves.
'~'

DangerousHabits
1 month ago#4
andri_g posted...
There are other ways to acquire a few of these abilities and their rare auto-abilities.

Elementa: one is available in The Wildlands from a treasure sphere in the Goddess' Temple. It can be farmed from the temple, with heavy CoA use, for a Lv.3^. The video I saw on this didn't specify whether it's better to farm them all from the temple (Lv.2; 100%) or half from the temple and the other half from Final Day Arcangeli on Hard (Lv.4; 10%) to synthesize an ATB-cost optimized Elementa Lv.*.

Guard, NullAllGuard: Stagger Gertrudes (use Thundara Lv.1 x2 on two schemata; raises drop-rate to 33%) then take the abilities dropped to an Alchemist Shop (e.g., Old Town). Synthesize *more* than two Lv.4s of it with the same auto-ability. I have ATB-cost optimized versions of both of these abilities using this method. Their respawn rate is high enough that it takes longer to synthesize the rare auto-ability than it does to gather the base abilities themselves.

This was more a post for Chaos-Infused Auto-Abilities, which can only drop on level 5 Abilities, by an enemy that has been pulled into a Chaos Infusion, and even that isn't a guarantee the Ability will drop with the CIAA. But, you additional information is appreciated. Farming the Elementa Lv. @ in Etro's Palace may well be faster than trying to get Arcangeli to drop them at Lv. 1, but you'll still want to fuse an Elementa that you've leveled from Lv. 1 for the reduced ATB cost so you can spam it more ^^

Also, I didn't list...

"Element" This drops from a Gremlin (Last One) at Lv. 5 on any day in Hard Mode, making the CIAA Ability drop a simple matter of pulling the enemy (again, make sure it's the Last One) into a Chaos Infusion. The most reliable may be the daily Chaos Infusion in Luxerion south of the Pilgrim's Causeway (where the quest Stuck in a Gem is located).

User Info: andri_g

andri_g
1 month ago#5
DangerousHabits posted...
Farming the Elementa Lv. @ in Etro's Palace may well be faster than trying to get Arcangeli to drop them at Lv. 1, but you'll still want to fuse an Elementa that you've leveled from Lv. 1 for the reduced ATB cost so you can spam it more ^^

The abilities demonstrated were fully cost-optimized, so [we know that] enough Elementa Lv.1 abilities, from one or more previous play-throughs, were farmed to achieve this result.

N.b., Any action with an equipped schemata will trigger *any* auto-ability that has its requirements met. So, while you can grind away to try to get CIAAs or RAAs for specific abilities, you also can economize your gaming time by strategically equipping "complementary pair abilities" by their AAs on specific schematas.
'~'
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Chaos-Infused Auto-Abilities (the hard ones & the impossible ones)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived