Use my Wii Classic Controller, or buy a WiiU CCP?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
  3. Use my Wii Classic Controller, or buy a WiiU CCP?

User Info: ChicagoTed_

ChicagoTed_
4 years ago#1
I played Tri with a classic controller. Not even a Pro, just the original one. It was okay, acceptable.

I'm really liking the look of the WiiU CCP, but I could buy another game for that price. Is it worth it, or should I stick to the old one I've got?
No Zombie is safe from Chicago Ted

User Info: GoldenFox98

GoldenFox98
4 years ago#2
If you're talking about the Classic Controller for the Wii versus the Wii U Pro for the Wii U the consensus seems to be that the Wii U Pro is a waste of money since it has the same button layout as the GamePad while not being much more comfortable and being less functional (on top of costing fifty-sixty dollars).
Rainbow dolphins that leap out from a cloud of confetti?
Brilliant! - wikido

User Info: BeerOnTap

BeerOnTap
4 years ago#3
What's wrong with the regular game pad (Wii U)?

User Info: Village Idiot

Village Idiot
4 years ago#4
BeerOnTap posted...
What's wrong with the regular game pad (Wii U)?

Short battery life and whether or not you're comfortable using it.
Actually, since Wedge Antilles > Carriers, and Carriers = Instant win, then it should be Wedge Antilles > Instant win. He's just that good XD -PsionicDude

User Info: JDuBz_IV

JDuBz_IV
4 years ago#5
one: just plug the gamepad in and you can play forever. also, the gamepad is plenty comfortable.

two: the Wii U Pro Controller is the most comfortable wireless game controller I have ever held, and I go back to the days of Atari. as a bonus, the battery life for a Pro is 80 plus hours per charge, with vibration. take that ps360... !
Posted using my Wii U
Nintendo Network ID : LiTezOuT-IV

User Info: XCrimsonSamurai

XCrimsonSamurai
4 years ago#6
Why people still want to use the CCP is beyond me. I mean, I get it, to each their own, some people still like it, and being able to claw is alright, but in my personal experience, using the CCP was always a chore. Could be my setup, but when using the CCP on Tri, I had no convenient place to put the Wiimote while the CCP was plugged into it. I had to either put it on my bed next to me and have it constantly slide off while playing, or just put the damn thing in my pocket.

Now, I don't mind wired controllers, but even wired controllers aren't as bad as the CCP. It's just like using a controller with a weight attached to it - who wants that? I'd honestly be okay with the Gamepad, or even the WiiU pro for the extended battery life - assuming I was ready to drop another $50 on it.
PSN ID: CrimsonSamuraiX

User Info: jagger_wanderer

jagger_wanderer
4 years ago#7
Kudos to the CCP still attached to the wiimote. I always tell anyone trying out the controller to put the wiimote in their pocket and if their pocket isn't big enough; I tell them to wrap the wire around their neck.
Joy is to the ears that hear not the mouth that speaks.
Chronicles of the Unbeliever

User Info: MoxRavager

MoxRavager
4 years ago#8
Am I the only one who misses the wii-mote?

I liked not worrying about buttons when changing up my attacks.
Please do not post a picture of your fecal matter. ~AverageAverage

User Info: selfdeztruction

selfdeztruction
4 years ago#9
jagger_wanderer posted...
Kudos to the CCP still attached to the wiimote. I always tell anyone trying out the controller to put the wiimote in their pocket and if their pocket isn't big enough; I tell them to wrap the wire around their neck.

I always used a carabineer to connect the wrist strap to a belt loop on my shorts/pants.

Putting the wiimote in my pocket never felt comfortable.
XBL/PSN (PS3&vita)/Wii-U/Skype-selfdeztruction
Wii FC(HaVoK) 6605 3315 8599 4345 3DSXL FC(HaVoK) 3780 9281 5652 I'm no fanboy,I'm a dirty whore.OKC gamer

User Info: MasterTK

MasterTK
4 years ago#10
Wii U classic pro controller is easily the best and the most comfortable controller I've ever used. Yes - it is pretty expensive, but totally worth it. Just bought mine.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
  3. Use my Wii Classic Controller, or buy a WiiU CCP?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived