Yeah, AAA gameplay here.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
  3. Yeah, AAA gameplay here.

User Info: 2wingedangel

2wingedangel
4 years ago#41
Houten posted...
2wingedangel posted...
Village Idiot posted...
To be honest, I raged just like TC did when I first started playing Monster Hunter.

I don't know when, but when it finally dawned on me that I can't play this like God of War or Devil May Cry, the game got a crapton better.

Okay, so how do I go about killing things without using a buttload of potions. I already know Great Sword and anything long ranged are out of the question.

Toss out that DMC, Ninja Gaiden, Revengence mindset out the window. Start slow, study the monster for any hints of opening and get your hits in. As you practice you notice there are "safe area" for certain monster attack, like the rabbit doing snowball toss his entire backside is open etc. Next practice dodging the attack head on, there are 2 way of avoiding getting hit: Not being in the monster's hit area completely, or time your roll/sidestep and take advantage of the split second invincibility frame. First one just require you to run away, the second method will require lots of practice.

Idea of Monster Hunter is that your in a deadly struggle against a killer beast and you are not some super ninja, half devil, glowing eye cyborg. But hunter is still strong for lifting those 200lb sword lol.

Ironic thing is that I've never played any of those games.
Lover of all things cute and pretty. <3
Black 2 FC: 4213-1800-0462

User Info: ZenTea

ZenTea
4 years ago#42
T3H_1337_N1NJ4 posted...
Nope. But I can tell how horrible you are at this game.

LOL,

BAM! In OPs face. /thread
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate comes out March 19th for the Wii U.

User Info: DGM09

DGM09
4 years ago#43
Game's bad because I suck!
Bang.

User Info: Lapanui

Lapanui
4 years ago#44
I don't understand when people come along and bash the game for being broken, too hard, etc. There are a hell of a lot of people who can play this game without any trouble, but they all started out as noobs.

I was terrible at MH1, I was only 13, but I was persistent and it was the best game I had ever played. I'm 21 soon and I'm still in love with this game. Over time you get better at using each weapon, camera movements and everything else.

I know the game has a steep learning curve and can be difficult for newcomers. I remember my mate got MHFU, I think it was his first Monster Hunter game and he didn't know how to start a quest and stopped playing. He just didn't know how a Monster Hunter game was played and I don't think it explains what you actually need to do.
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1

User Info: nathninteyone

nathninteyone
4 years ago#45
2wingedangel posted...
RudderZ posted...
2wingedangel posted...
T3H_1337_N1NJ4 posted...
Nope. But I can tell how horrible you are at this game.

Like it's my fault this game has the worst camera ever. Then it starts using the camera controls for swimming.

Ah well, don't buy it then. It's considered a hardcore series for a reason, it isn't for everyone.

Take the time to learn the camera and you have 500+ hours worth of quality content.

Give up and blame the game for your mistakes, and... well, you're the only one missing out.

Avoiding attacks is almost impossible, but that oversized easter bunny can slide away whenever the hell he feels like it.

Just practice, i beat him without taking a hit in under 10 minutes on my second attempt.

User Info: selfdeztruction

selfdeztruction
4 years ago#46
2wingedangel posted...
*accidentaly puts weapon away*

*takes weapon back out*

*gets hit*

*puts weapon away*

*uses potion*

*takes weapon back out*

*gets hit again*

Can you tell how thrilled I am for this?

PLEASE CO-OP WITH ME!!

I WANT TO LAUGH AT YOU,,,,,,,,because it reminds me of when tried Tri for the first time.

Today I accidently used three potions while trying to open the blue chest.

It gets better once you get the hang of everything,this is NOT my kinda game but I ended up loving Tri,MHFU and I know that I'll love this.

Also keep in mind that the actual game will have indepth tutorials that teach you everything via beginner quests (NOTHING LIKE THIS DEMO,I PROMISE) and you wont feel nearly as frustrated as you are now........until you try to go on a harder quest that you'ren't ready to undertake.
XBL/PSN (PS3&vita)/Wii-U/Skype-selfdeztruction
Wii FC(HaVoK) 6605 3315 8599 4345 3DSXL FC(HaVoK) 3780 9281 5652 I'm no fanboy,I'm a dirty whore.OKC gamer

User Info: Meaka2013

Meaka2013
4 years ago#47
I am fine with the camera I still use the L1 or whatever they call it on the wii u for manual camera, though the outolock confuses me sometimes it feels clunky rather them leave that out or have an option to turn it off

User Info: Houten

Houten
4 years ago#48
2wingedangel posted...
Houten posted...
2wingedangel posted...
Village Idiot posted...
To be honest, I raged just like TC did when I first started playing Monster Hunter.

I don't know when, but when it finally dawned on me that I can't play this like God of War or Devil May Cry, the game got a crapton better.

Okay, so how do I go about killing things without using a buttload of potions. I already know Great Sword and anything long ranged are out of the question.

Toss out that DMC, Ninja Gaiden, Revengence mindset out the window. Start slow, study the monster for any hints of opening and get your hits in. As you practice you notice there are "safe area" for certain monster attack, like the rabbit doing snowball toss his entire backside is open etc. Next practice dodging the attack head on, there are 2 way of avoiding getting hit: Not being in the monster's hit area completely, or time your roll/sidestep and take advantage of the split second invincibility frame. First one just require you to run away, the second method will require lots of practice.

Idea of Monster Hunter is that your in a deadly struggle against a killer beast and you are not some super ninja, half devil, glowing eye cyborg. But hunter is still strong for lifting those 200lb sword lol.

Well I see.. my advice is to use up some time to learn your chosen weapon, then study the bunny for anyone opening to get your hits in. As ypu becme more profcient you will see more chances to get your hits in.

The full game actually have a lengthy tutorial that teach you the basics. But I thin you will agree with me that 30min of gathering, cooking meat, killing things that almost cant fight back makes for a pretty borning demo?

Ironic thing is that I've never played any of those games.
Is it so hard to for people to just be fans of videogames?
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
  3. Yeah, AAA gameplay here.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived