Charm Table FAQ: The basic of what you need to know.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
  3. Charm Table FAQ: The basic of what you need to know.

User Info: hypgnosis

hypgnosis
2 years ago#261
I've figured out an easy way to deal with this. JUST DON'T CARE and play the game with whatever you're dealt. The lengths people go to to be cheating little a-holes. It's pathetic.

User Info: dogbertius

dogbertius
2 years ago#262
Astragon posted...
Honestly, all this complexity on this and sniping is making my brain melt. And I got a 4.0 GPA in senior year of high school, while taking AP chem, calc AB, and environmental science.

Honestly, I'd say to hell with trying to influence the RNG that only keeps getting more and more difficult to crack and buy Datel Powersaves. I don't have one, though I will likely get one simply to avoid the charm BS. I would want to be able to get all good legit charms, and maybe 1-2 non-legit but for good reason ones. Namely, combo plus+10, (shot type) up +5, evade dist +10, and a couple others. I have nothing wrong with hacks if they don't actually break the game.

Thank god that Crapcom got the messages about everyone manipulating the RNG and they switched back to rotating tables that change on game load.

While math would help in general, none of the above courses you noted would help in understanding charm tables. A couple semesters coding in a lower-level language like C or assembler, plus some comp sci would likely make it dead easy to understand.

It's a simple concept in general, and if you want, I'd be happy to provide a description if the previous ones in this thread didn't help you.

User Info: dogbertius

dogbertius
2 years ago#263
hypgnosis posted...
I've figured out an easy way to deal with this. JUST DON'T CARE and play the game with whatever you're dealt. The lengths people go to to be cheating little a-holes. It's pathetic.

Charm sniping isnt cheating. Also, anyone with an engineering background can easily snipe any arbitrary charm in about 30 minutes, so it's a worthwhile investment of time.

User Info: Ifeno

Ifeno
2 years ago#264
Is there any site where I can actually look at the exact contents of each table?
All contact info you may need is in my profile.
Click on my username to view my profile.

User Info: Garquill

Garquill
2 years ago#265
Ifeno posted...
Is there any site where I can actually look at the exact contents of each table?

one of athena's programs lets you see them all
http://i.imgur.com/WRuboBm.jpg
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." ~ A. Einstein

User Info: CMDR_Zyco

CMDR_Zyco
1 year ago#266
Hello

Would anyone be able to tell me which table I am on based on the following charms?

I have tried to get hold off Athena's checker but the website is either down or blocked.

Legend
Handicraft +5 Gloves Off +1
Sharpness + 5

Creator
Destroyer +3 Blight Res +3
Gloves off +6 Dive Dist +3

I am currently G rank and trying to establish an armour set to aim for and just want to know that I am not on a cursed table.

Any help appreciated.

User Info: Stafir

Stafir
1 year ago#267
Huh..I get told when people reply to this thread now..neat.

Many of the things I used way back when I played this game (I've moved on to 4) no longer work..BUT, i found this for you.

http://www.mediafire.com/?wrjai8scrzgvib3

I havn't tried it, but it's apparently the fish monger method made into a program you can download.
Reviewer and news gaming sites are only credible if it proves the poster's point.
If it doesn't, then they're just biased trash. -- Savott on Troll logic.

User Info: Ogreatgames

Ogreatgames
6 months ago#268
Needed this for my nephew. great info. I won't be having hard time explaining to him haha. Thanks for sharing.
Hey check out http://www.ogreatgames.com for great video games & more!
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
  3. Charm Table FAQ: The basic of what you need to know.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.