The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Beat Mark of the Hero

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
  3. Beat Mark of the Hero

User Info: XCrimsonSamurai

XCrimsonSamurai
3 years ago#1
On my first try.

But I'm gonna go have a heart attack now.
PSN and NNID: CrimsonSamuraiX

User Info: xHowlx

xHowlx
3 years ago#2
Is that the urgent you get from finishing all the village quests?
If so, are they G rank monsters? or are they the usual HR monsters that we encounter in the village quests?
I hath shiny-shiny, I make weapons shiny.

User Info: PyroDillbrain

PyroDillbrain
3 years ago#3
yes to both. they're all g-rank monsters.
twitch.tv/fiveleafclover - mh3u, mkw and the odd speedrun
xbl: Q cumberR | nnid: fiveleafclover

User Info: YoukaiSlayer

YoukaiSlayer
3 years ago#4
I just beat the quest and i know what you mean about a heart attack. After i saw it was ivory lagi by itself i figured it would be one at a time. WRONG. Although i forgot to cook out my -55 thunder res so ivory lagi was actually harder than the second part. I unfortunately spread the damage between azure and brach too well cause azure died 3 hits after i finished brach. I had 1 death and most of my healing left and it took me 35:11 to beat it. That fight physically exhausted me. You have my respect if you beat that with only high rank gear.
I'm ninja
(you can't see me)

User Info: lostsoul1312

lostsoul1312
3 years ago#5
I did the same thing a few days ago with high rank gear. It's definitely the scariest fight in the game.
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/EternalSkyDragon?feature=watch
twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/vagabondwolf

User Info: XCrimsonSamurai

XCrimsonSamurai
3 years ago#6
I started the quest without much knowledge of the fight, I had read they were G rank level, but forgot about it. Once Ivory Lagi hit me and took 40% of my health out I knew something was wrong, so I checked and they were G rank for sure, that's when I got a bit freaked out. >_>

It pretty much took all of my potions to kill Ivory Lagi, then I scrambled for extra pots from him and the gathering points and when I saw Brachy AND Azure Los come in at the same time, I knew I was in trouble. The whole fight I took a few pot shots on each one when they were tired, but for the most part, I just ran around in circles while they tore each other apart. Brachy was actually the one who killed Los, and after he was dead I literally had no pots left and was a hit away from dying.

Once Brachy got tired, I ran up and put a Shock Trap down, popped a Dash Juice and did a single Demon's Dance and he was dead. Apparently Los did a number on him too, and I suspect his own slime puddles did a good bit of damage to him.
PSN and NNID: CrimsonSamuraiX

User Info: nuke2099

nuke2099
3 years ago#7
This guy seems to do it fairly easily.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUXgSOfnJmg
GT: Nuke2099

User Info: YoukaiSlayer

YoukaiSlayer
3 years ago#8
Only 40%? I was taking a lot more than that. Just fought ala for 40 damn minutes and then my controller died :( I must have been close.
I'm ninja
(you can't see me)

User Info: apolloflameowns

apolloflameowns
3 years ago#9
nuke2099 posted...
This guy seems to do it fairly easily.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUXgSOfnJmg

I'm waiting for mazereon to post an actual hbg run of mark of the hero. Shame he's probably retired though.
OFFICIAL KID ICARUS UPRISING CHAMPION/FUSION MASTER
Online Name = ******** (All Stars in Name)

User Info: GoldenFox98

GoldenFox98
3 years ago#10
Finished this yesterday in HR gear myself. Just.... no. I'm never doing anything like this again. I barely finished this with 8:08 left. Don't even want to fight Alatreon anymore after that madness.
Rainbow dolphins that leap out from a cloud of confetti?
Brilliant! - wikido
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
  3. Beat Mark of the Hero

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived