Slime coating and Kelbi bow

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
  3. Slime coating and Kelbi bow

User Info: Second_Hokage

Second_Hokage
4 years ago#1
Does it add more slime per hit? Or no effect?

User Info: stromvancouver

stromvancouver
4 years ago#2
Adding a coating will replace the bows element. So it will replace it with however much status damage coatings do.

User Info: Razia1970

Razia1970
4 years ago#3
Wait what? So adding a coating to my Pecco Bow will remove the fire damage? How stupid is that?

User Info: Guggerbunk

Guggerbunk
4 years ago#4
Razia1970 posted...
Wait what? So adding a coating to my Pecco Bow will remove the fire damage? How stupid is that?

Power and C. Range don't replace the element but instead augment damage output. Paint / Paralysis / Sleep / Poison / Slime all replace the bow's natural element with its effect.

User Info: Razia1970

Razia1970
4 years ago#5
Thanks for clarifying that. I was reading through the Bow Guide on the wiki, I didn't see that mentioned.

So there is a benefit to not use any coatings when having a bow with a strong element equipped (if it cannot load power or c-range)?

User Info: Guggerbunk

Guggerbunk
4 years ago#6
Razia1970 posted...
Thanks for clarifying that. I was reading through the Bow Guide on the wiki, I didn't see that mentioned.

So there is a benefit to not use any coatings when having a bow with a strong element equipped (if it cannot load power or c-range)?

Finding a way to get Power C+ up to 10 is preferred because Power Coatings give +50% damage. C. Range gives +30% when you are very close or meleeing. Otherwise, yes, only swapping to coatings to apply status ailments is a good idea.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
  3. Slime coating and Kelbi bow

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived