How alive is this game online? Monster Hunter virgin here.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
  3. How alive is this game online? Monster Hunter virgin here.

User Info: TanyaGD

TanyaGD
3 years ago#1
I plan to get this game because I enjoyed it on the 3ds so much, well the demo at least :P I dont mind doing quests/hunts by myself, but if I get stuck on a monster I would hope there are enough people playing online to help me out. Do I need to add people as friends so they can help me out online?

That being said, this is my will be my first time playing a Monster Hunter game. I am excited but intimidated at the same time. I enjoyed the 3ds demo alot and enjoyed using the bow the most. I prefer to play it on the WiiU because of online play. Going into this game, what advice can you guys give a first timer?
I'm a guy. PSN= ss1006
Pokemon X FC: 1736-0664-1935

User Info: WalkerWonders

WalkerWonders
3 years ago#2
hundreds of people play, on weekends it can reach the thousands.
3ds friend code: 2680 9181 0520 Trainer Name: Shayne
Xbox Live, PSN, and Nintendo Network ID: WalkerWonders

User Info: NanaPwnsYou

NanaPwnsYou
3 years ago#3
I just started and have not had trouble finding random people to play online with at all. There are both new players and helpful veterans playing online.
PSN: NanaPwnsYou / Wii U: Shomii
3DS: 0920 - 0386 - 8612

User Info: Rappy00

Rappy00
3 years ago#4
Very, easy to find a group of people most people play on the Free A server and sometimes is hard to find rooms that are empty (easily fixed if you make your own room) and a lot of vets play with new players.
Nintendo ID:Rappy0
PSN:Rappy0 If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.

User Info: CircleOfManias

CircleOfManias
3 years ago#5
It's active, but seriously, play offline at least up to Village HR before going online. If you play exclusively online, you can get carried to G-Rank, sure, but you'll just be dead weight on every team. Playing offline forces you to actually learn the game.

On a side note, at the very least the game should require you to solo the urgents. Carrying immediately stops being a problem.
Sick liaisons raise this monumental mark
The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park

User Info: TanyaGD

TanyaGD
3 years ago#6
Oh no i wont be playing exclusively online. For some reason i just thought the online would be dead ;P

Aside from all that, what advice can you guys give a newcomer?
I'm a guy. PSN= ss1006
Pokemon X FC: 1736-0664-1935

User Info: BosSBaer

BosSBaer
3 years ago#7
There is a huge variety of people online. I had a hr 400+ in my room the other day along with a hr 3.
PSN & NNID - BaerPwNz

User Info: cyclone327

cyclone327
3 years ago#8
TanyaGD posted...
Oh no i wont be playing exclusively online. For some reason i just thought the online would be dead ;P

Aside from all that, what advice can you guys give a newcomer?

I'd recommend doing offline till at least 3 star village and then after that go explore a bit of the online part of the game. also mess around with all the weapons till you find one that fits your play style.

User Info: LunarPatrol

LunarPatrol
3 years ago#9
If you live in Europe there is a bigger chance that you'll meet people that don't use the mic- since most people use different languages (and I won't forget that time when I was harassed by two norwegians >_<)
I heard from a friend that I like to say "shut up!", but so what- I'm only reminding myself.

User Info: vyseskies

vyseskies
3 years ago#10
over one thousand people per day.
Hail Monster Hunter Franchise! Hail One Piece!
<3
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
  3. How alive is this game online? Monster Hunter virgin here.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived