MH3U Journal 2!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Fairycancel

Fairycancel
4 months ago#491
Is element worth it for GL?
The brachy LS seem very strong and the set up I can make for the Lucent LS is pretty OP too. Not sure if I should go for element on GL considering those two set ups.

Contemplating to make the Miralis GL. It can use the same set as the Lance. May not make brachy GL in favor of Lucent with Razor Sharp, Speed Sharpening, Evade Extender, Evasion and Atk Up S. or Perhaps just use the standard lance set with brachy(no bombardier or evade extender). GL drinks sharpness blindingly fast so not having speed sharpen is.... meh. The lance sets can be used by GL too So I may as well make the elemental ones. World´s Demise, Nether Jugulus, Rheo Agnacorso?, The Disasualty. So much to do, don´t even know where to start lol.
MHGen Ign: Soleil, Mordecai
Like to often use: Bow(Drilltusk/Teo Adept), DB(FMDX=Aerial), LS(Guild/Striker)

User Info: Teran17

Teran17
4 months ago#492
Element is definitely a consideration for GL, but shot type/level as well as sharpness are really important considerations as well. Generally it's not so much to worry about because generally GLs with good shot types and sharpness also tend to be the best of their element as well.

Brachy GL is also a special case because you ignore shelling and just focus on the incredible slime and good raw. The lack of shelling makes its sharpness actually last a good while. I can get easy sub 10s on Lucent with the Brachy GL, one of my favourite weapons tbh.Wide GLs actually benefit a fair amount from shelling because Wide 5 when boosted with Artillery and Felyne Bombardier makes for great shell damage, load up definitely adds something extra nice if you can squeeze it on (might want the Barrage Piercing for it).

The weapon choices in this game are definitely not so black and white. With some weapon classes they can be, but with a lot of weapon classes there are lots of reasons to consider different builds. It's what makes it so fun. Really, you just want weapons that mesh the best with your playstyle. So for example while I don't run evasion so much anymore because I just roll most things without it pretty comfortably, that might not work for other people and they may end up benefiting from a different weapon considering the skill set they work best with.

Endgame is all about just making everything and trying it out imo, pushing your playstyle to new levels. That's the real fun part of the game imo. :3
Block out the pain, make your body grow

Fairycancel
4 months ago#493
To be fair, Lucent is alergic to slime haha. I mainly use shelling to extend combos. Because of that I rarely get Artillery Up in favor of other skills. I never charge my shells unless I want to get a mon out of the sky basically. For my playstyle, slime and element are probably best but evade extender of Asterism and Miralis will make GL a lot more fun for me(it´s annoying for me to have so little mobility lol)
´
And ya, I´m starting to see that. I got so much stuff to make xD

Fairycancel
4 months ago#494
Reminder
This is the next topic guys!
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/683294-monster-hunter-3-ultimate/75648244

User Info: Teran17

Teran17
4 months ago#495
Wide 5 shells are powerful enough to where they can be useful beyond simple combo extension. I definitely wouldn't count them out.
Block out the pain, make your body grow

User Info: Drakesmalice

Drakesmalice
4 months ago#496
Lucy GL is definitely a must have. ArtExpert on it and it truly outshines almost all GL's. Problem with BrachyGL is its long. You are forced to combo shells and Wyverns Fire. Even Shining Ishtar you are forced to play shotgun. With Alioths you can basically spam pokes/charges shells. Quite a few builds focus on Lucy'sGL shell spamming.
I invented "SMH". Please show appropriate respect.

Drakesmalice
4 months ago#497
Teran17 posted...
Element is definitely a consideration for GL, but shot type/level as well as sharpness are really important considerations as well. Generally it's not so much to worry about because generally GLs with good shot types and sharpness also tend to be the best of their element as well.

Brachy GL is also a special case because you ignore shelling and just focus on the incredible slime and good raw. The lack of shelling makes its sharpness actually last a good while. I can get easy sub 10s on Lucent with the Brachy GL, one of my favourite weapons tbh.Wide GLs actually benefit a fair amount from shelling because Wide 5 when boosted with Artillery and Felyne Bombardier makes for great shell damage, load up definitely adds something extra nice if you can squeeze it on (might want the Barrage Piercing for it).

The weapon choices in this game are definitely not so black and white. With some weapon classes they can be, but with a lot of weapon classes there are lots of reasons to consider different builds. It's what makes it so fun. Really, you just want weapons that mesh the best with your playstyle. So for example while I don't run evasion so much anymore because I just roll most things without it pretty comfortably, that might not work for other people and they may end up benefiting from a different weapon considering the skill set they work best with.

Endgame is all about just making everything and trying it out imo, pushing your playstyle to new levels. That's the real fun part of the game imo. :3

I disagree with Element. You should prioritize shot type and shot level first. Then skill wise sharpness level(can always be fixed with sharp1). Then razorsharp and fillers after that. Element is essentially null on GL, it's a bonus. Though you are correct that the good GL's are usually top of their element class as well.

Drakesmalice
4 months ago#498
See for example Alioths Asterism mixed sets that I have between 2 characters are
1)CE3/ArtExpert/Razor/Evasion1
2)ArtExpert/LoadUp/SpeedSharp/Razor/Guard1

Fairycancel
4 months ago#499
Drakesmalice posted...
See for example Alioths Asterism mixed sets that I have between 2 characters are
1)CE3/ArtExpert/Razor/Evasion1
2)ArtExpert/LoadUp/SpeedSharp/Razor/Guard1

Just how Important is art expert though? How is it supposed to be used? I normally just use it to extend the combos or to charge it when I want the monster to flinch.

Fairycancel
4 months ago#500
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/683294-monster-hunter-3-ultimate/75648244

lol

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived