MH3U Journal 3!

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Teran17

Teran17
2 months ago#261
Djinn won't do great against Ceadeus, you'll want either lightning or dragon. A good dragon sword for this (Eternal Strife) is really hard to get though.

I did it with Eternal Strife in my SnS only file, but idk how a new player would fare with SnS against him, he's quite the damage sponge.
Block out the pain, make your body grow
I've been taking down every other monster at about the 15-20 minute mark with the djinn, that includes fire based monsters as well. Does lagiacrus not have a LS? I've been looking at lightning weapons. Idrk of any easy to attain good dragon weps yet.
Well I took him down first try with 10 mins left. Djinn plus full rathalos and attack 4 talisman, I forgot to eat before it though. Not too hard. Gonna be a f***ing chore to farm him for Helios armor .-.
Also can I add evasion to any set? If so, how do I do that? I'd really like to have evasion for starting HR

User Info: Limebeer

Limebeer
2 months ago#265
Deaththekid6677 posted...
Also can I add evasion to any set? If so, how do I do that? I'd really like to have evasion for starting HR

Best if you have an evasion talisman and armor that has alot of slots... you need atleast 10 points to get evasion +1, or 15 for evasion +2.
The Evasion Jewel 1 can be made with Lagombi parts and killer beetles.
If I knew what charm table you are on I could tell you what evasion charms you can get to help with putting it on any set.
.....in bed.
-All hail the magic pixel! HR28 MH3U, HR321 MH4U, HR100 MHGen

Limebeer
2 months ago#266
I've been taking down every other monster at about the 15-20 minute mark with the djinn, that includes fire based monsters as well. Does lagiacrus not have a LS? I've been looking at lightning weapons. Idrk of any easy to attain good dragon weps yet.

Obtainable Dragon Weapons... the best one to get in Low Rank (or atleast the easiest) is the Insecticutters, which are the Bnahabra DB's. You can get them upgraded quite alot without stepping foot into highrank, though grinding Herculdromes is a huuuuge pain in the ass in low rank as they rarely spawn in the Volcano only in Low rank (Like... less than 3% chance), though they are everywhere in High Rank.

Other than that, you can get the Rough Edge SA for Dragon, which you can luck out and get it as a Rustshard from the Volcano or Tundra or you can just make it once you find some Dragonbone Relics.

But for SnS... Dragon weapons are kinda hard to get, and the ones you do get are very meh and situational (you need a very elementally weak monster to make them work good as they have low raw and bad sharpness)... except for the Stygian SnS that is, which needs awakening but is a powerhouse with good sharpness, raw, and element.
.....in bed.

User Info: Teran17

Teran17
2 months ago#267
Ceadeus isn't like other monsters, it's a pure damage sponge, and SnS DPS definitely takes a hit underwater. Anyway you may as well give it a go, it's not the end of the world if things don't work out.

Also Volvidon gives Evasion +1, other skills being Tremor Resist and Attack Up. Its negative skill Cold Surge doesn't need to be gemmed out because taking a hot drink in cold weather (which you always do anyway) cancels out the effect.
Block out the pain, make your body grow

Limebeer
2 months ago#268
Teran17 posted...
Ceadeus isn't like other monsters, it's a pure damage sponge, and SnS DPS definitely takes a hit underwater. Anyway you may as well give it a go, it's not the end of the world if things don't work out.

Also Volvidon gives Evasion +1, other skills being Tremor Resist and Attack Up. Its negative skill Cold Surge doesn't need to be gemmed out because taking a hot drink in cold weather (which you always do anyway) cancels out the effect.

Or, you know, take a swig of Dash Juice. Who needs to worry about stamina when you have infinite stamina!

I think Barioth also give evasion +1 as well.

Ceadeus though... yeah I wouldn't want to take him on with low rank SnS, even though it's my main. SA is what I used. The Pecospander was a good one to use on him, killed him with good time to spare.
.....in bed.

Limebeer
2 months ago#269
I finally have a Deviljho Moga Wood forecast coming up.... and it's a double monster forecast with Abundant Commodities.... needless to say I'm saving before going on it and farming the everlasting S*** out of it until I get his drop!
Speaking of the woods hunt, I finally got Plesioth's drop! I had a good roster on my latest hunt, Azuros, Brachydios, Plesioth and Volvidon. I got sooo many commodities from it, even some wyvern gold somehow (guess I hunted a Rath at some point and forgot to do the report?).

Well I took him down first try with 10 mins left. Djinn plus full rathalos and attack 4 talisman, I forgot to eat before it though. Not too hard. Gonna be a f***ing chore to farm him for Helios armor .-.

Okay, now that you are in High Rank there @Deaththekid6677, I want you to do the Jaggia Menace quest! It'll help you get some easy High Rank materials, and there's some super rare things in area 6 that you should look at! Trust me, that quest will not disappoint ;)
.....in bed.
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: Panthera

Panthera
2 months ago#270
Well I thought I was going to have to quit Monster Hunter due to my 3DS joystick being busted but turns out I was able to fix the problem (it managed to accumulate some dirt under it that was making it not work properly, probably from times I've carried it in a backpack, so I just had to dig that s*** out) and now I can actually play again. Yay!

Warmed up with a high rank Diablos fight since I needed something from it anyway and man, I'd forgotten just how much slower that thing is when it's not G rank
We clasped our hands, our hands in praise of a conquerors right to tyranny

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.