WiiU or 3DS version?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Yonimaru

Yonimaru
2 months ago#1
getting a new copy of the game soon, but didn't wanna get the version nobody plays, etc.
Norma:First its like this Whoooooosh and then its like aaahhhh and then its like KABOOOOMM!!!
Senel:Okay i have no idea what you just said!!

User Info: Teran17

Teran17
2 months ago#2
Well 3DS has no online so you have no choice but the Wii U version if you want online.
Block out the pain, make your body grow

User Info: Yonimaru

Yonimaru
2 months ago#3
Teran17 posted...
Well 3DS has no online so you have no choice but the Wii U version if you want online.

3DS is local only then? that blows. shall have to yap at my buds about their WiiU status for the games then :)

thanks for tha tinfo though bud! :)
Norma:First its like this Whoooooosh and then its like aaahhhh and then its like KABOOOOMM!!!
Senel:Okay i have no idea what you just said!!

User Info: disco_puppy

disco_puppy
2 months ago#4
If you have the choice, wii U. Here's why:

3ds doesn't have online, wii u does
3ds has some ok graphics, but the wii u has a better shader
wii u has a bigger screen
wii u has better loading times

As a 3ds user, I can confirm that the struggle is indeed real on these G-rank quests solo, so I suggest you go for the wii u. The only downside is you can't take it anywhere with you

User Info: Limebeer

Limebeer
2 months ago#5
disco_puppy posted...
As a 3ds user, I can confirm that the struggle is indeed real on these G-rank quests solo, so I suggest you go for the wii u. The only downside is you can't take it anywhere with you

Pfft, only the Great Crack Baggi is the real struggle in G-Rank!
Doing the quests themselves aren't too bad to solo, you can probably clear G-rank with no real problems, especially once you get enough practice with timing your evasions... it's mainly the grind that is a struggle when you are trying to get specific monster parts. Good practice, but very mind numbing and frustrating.
.....in bed.
-All hail the magic pixel! HR28 MH3U, HR321 MH4U, HR100 MHGen

User Info: disco_puppy

disco_puppy
2 months ago#6
Limebeer posted...
disco_puppy posted...

Pfft, only the Great Crack Baggi is the real struggle in G-Rank!
Doing the quests themselves aren't too bad to solo, you can probably clear G-rank with no real problems, especially once you get enough practice with timing your evasions... it's mainly the grind that is a struggle when you are trying to get specific monster parts. Good practice, but very mind numbing and frustrating.

OK, maybe I should've elaborated what I meant by "struggle"

What I mean when I say this is not how difficult they are, but how annoying they can be, the time it takes to solo, and how the monsters want to act.

It's still easy to solo through G-rank (hell, if I could do it, anyone can), and the only real monster that I struggled with was G-rank P.Rathian and Alatreon (but who didn't struggle with Alatreon their first time?), but apart from them, Dire Miralis was just a DPS test, farming for a Dark Dragongem was a sanity test (I know 20 hunts isn't that many, but it feels worse when they take half an hour) and in general, it was quite easy.

I'm not trying to imply that I am that 'pro' guy in the corner with his finger shoved up his butt who claims that every death was not his fault. I am happy to admit that in my 2 and a bit years of hunting, I still struggle with some monsters (Azure...) but I like to have fun with my hunts, and occasionally, I will hit a triple cart. I'm not afraid to admit that. I hope you can see what I meant by "struggle" now

And yeah, G-rank Greats are just fun to fight. As soon as they're angry, watch them run at the speed of light while on a crack high

User Info: Fairycancel

Fairycancel
2 months ago#7
3ds version is still amazing imo. 3U is probably the easiest MH but its also one of the most well done imo. Most hunts can be finished in 10 to 15 minutes once you get enough skill and knowledge of the game. Creating different armor sets for different mons can severely cut your kill time. Same if you don't just hug one weapon since some mons are a lot more easy with range. The only mons that can be truly tough are the end game stuff and dlc. End game being unlockable stuff. I made the Alatreon Bow and LS completely solo, did the alatreon of village and mark of mastery as soon as I got them too. Made the goldbeard oreo set as soon as I got to g rank and farmed lucent for two cloudy moonshards(still want 1 more but I have killed the 3 nargas so many times in my hunting career that I took a break, no monster should have so much good equipment lol). Break as much as you can from the monster and chances are you will often have the materials you need. Eat for the luck abilities to get more rewards, etc.

If you know a monster could take a while to get their rare drop, making a set just for it could be worth it.

Overall, it may feel tedious when you can't get that damned rare you covet so much but the kill times are comparable to online play once you get experience. The fastest way to get that experience is by playing alone so it all works out imo. f*** the tanks though, Miralis, even with top of the line gear can take up to 20 or 25 minutes let alone things like jhen, Alatreon, etc. Alatreon is the most mind dumbing monster ever, eventually you just go auto pilot :/. Worst part? All of this f***ing monsters have incredible sets and/or weps. Abyssal, goldbeard, jhen, alatreon, hallowed jhen, miralis and the nargas(just for the sheer amount of them I have killed instead of the time they take) can go f*** themselves. Add the murderous murder pickle to the list too xD.

Most of them are fun battles though, just that the farming for their stuff is a pain.
MHGen Ign: Soleil, Mordecai
Like to often use: Bow(Drilltusk/Teo Adept), DB(FMDX=Aerial), LS(Guild/Striker), GS(Aerial from time to time)

User Info: Fairycancel

Fairycancel
2 months ago#8
With that said, you could make the goldbeard mix and make a raw wep and be set for all of g rank perfectly fine. That set got so much bang for you buck right at the start of g rank that I can't believe they made it so easy to gain. Just eat for the elemntal skill they have a weakness to when needed. Hell, even if you want to use elemental sets, this set is still very good for a mayority of them since most weps use sharpness plus 1 and all weps benefit from hg earplugs. Add speed sharpening and a extra skill with a charm and you. Are. SET! I went from start to miralis with that set and the second upgrade of the devil LS. Its that damn good.
MHGen Ign: Soleil, Mordecai
Like to often use: Bow(Drilltusk/Teo Adept), DB(FMDX=Aerial), LS(Guild/Striker), GS(Aerial from time to time)

User Info: Limebeer

Limebeer
2 months ago#9
Fairycancel posted...
With that said, you could make the goldbeard mix and make a raw wep and be set for all of g rank perfectly fine. That set got so much bang for you buck right at the start of g rank that I can't believe they made it so easy to gain. Just eat for the elemntal skill they have a weakness to when needed. Hell, even if you want to use elemental sets, this set is still very good for a mayority of them since most weps use sharpness plus 1 and all weps benefit from hg earplugs. Add speed sharpening and a extra skill with a charm and you. Are. SET! I went from start to miralis with that set and the second upgrade of the devil LS. Its that damn good.

Just make one of the Great -aggi sets, they have incredibly useful skills for out-of-the-gate monsters. I always advocate the Wroggi set (you can even kill Miralis with it using SnS without struggling, it's useful as a general set especially if you use the shakalakas' alot) and the Great Jaggi set can easily get awaken on it plus some other very good skills on it without too much difficulty (comes with 5 points in it naturally).
.....in bed.
-All hail the magic pixel! HR28 MH3U, HR321 MH4U, HR100 MHGen

User Info: Gunbladelad

Gunbladelad
1 month ago#10
As a bonus if you have the 3DS version as well you can move your save data back and forth between that and the WiiU, giving you the opportunity to play with your friends online, shove the character onto your 3DS then popping round to theirs for some local play.
R.I.P. Throwback Mode - 23rd April 2014 - We miss you.
PAL Gamers unite - http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/277-pal-gaming

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived