Does anyone notice that you cannot recruit pokemon in high-star missions?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity
  3. Does anyone notice that you cannot recruit pokemon in high-star missions?

User Info: waijie

waijie
4 years ago#1
For my experience, going to some of the post-game dungeons with 8 stars 9 stars 10 stars missions, looking at the options for pokemon in the dungeon, it is shown that the pokemon there are unrecruitable.

I haven't tested going to the dungeon from the crossroads directly yet because I am not able to access my 3ds now. Does anyone know any information about this?
Friend code: 3883-4770-5153 waijie666
Char name/Farm name: Waijie/Echo

User Info: Ultima_Wraith

Ultima_Wraith
4 years ago#2
waijie posted...
For my experience, going to some of the post-game dungeons with 8 stars 9 stars 10 stars missions, looking at the options for pokemon in the dungeon, it is shown that the pokemon there are unrecruitable.

I haven't tested going to the dungeon from the crossroads directly yet because I am not able to access my 3ds now. Does anyone know any information about this?

It said something somewhere about not being able to recruit already-evolved pokemon most of the time. But I think it's in the area info if you go north at the cross and look at the area first whether they are recruitable or not.
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 5372-8212-5739 | 3DS Friend Code 0430-8284-1167 | Gamertag: UltimaWraith

waijie
4 years ago#3
Ultima_Wraith posted...
waijie posted...

It said something somewhere about not being able to recruit already-evolved pokemon most of the time. But I think it's in the area info if you go north at the cross and look at the area first whether they are recruitable or not.

Yeah, I know this. The recruitable areas when you are playing high star missions, you can't recruit pokemon. I wonder why this is so.

Ultima_Wraith
4 years ago#4
waijie posted...
Ultima_Wraith posted...
waijie posted...

Yeah, I know this. The recruitable areas when you are playing high star missions, you can't recruit pokemon. I wonder why this is so.

Probably to attempt some sort of balance to keep you from just farming high-levels, however, that being said, the dlc areas let you recruit so it's just a toss up at this point as to the reasoning.
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 5372-8212-5739 | 3DS Friend Code 0430-8284-1167 | Gamertag: UltimaWraith

waijie
4 years ago#5
Ultima_Wraith posted...
waijie posted...
Ultima_Wraith posted...
waijie posted...

Probably to attempt some sort of balance to keep you from just farming high-levels, however, that being said, the dlc areas let you recruit so it's just a toss up at this point as to the reasoning.

Urrgh I quite enjoy recruiting pokemons while on missions. Guess I would have to do that separately to get a few pokemon that I like.

Ultima_Wraith
4 years ago#6
waijie posted...
Ultima_Wraith posted...
waijie posted...
Ultima_Wraith posted...
waijie posted...

Urrgh I quite enjoy recruiting pokemons while on missions. Guess I would have to do that separately to get a few pokemon that I like.

Be warned, Pika Forest is far more demanding of you than you'd think.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity
  3. Does anyone notice that you cannot recruit pokemon in high-star missions?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived