My "insane completist" playthrough of KH1 *spoilers* - Part 2

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX
  3. My "insane completist" playthrough of KH1 *spoilers* - Part 2

User Info: MasterPillow147

MasterPillow147
1 month ago#221
All right, I just reached the 364 hour mark on the in-game clock!

I've been completing Arch Behemoth loops and grinding for Blaze/Frost/Thunder Gems and Mythril Shards. Arch Behemoths aren't too annoying because they drop munny and Mythril Shards. However, the Destroyed Behemoths at the Coliseum will be a major pain to grind to 9,999 because they don't drop anything, and they take longer to defeat than Arch Behemoths.

I currently have 53 Firaga Rings, 58 Blizzaga Rings, and 51 Thundaga Rings. Here are my current Heartless counts:

Bandit - 3608
Fat Bandit - 1110
Sea Neon - 3238
Sheltering Zone - 3048
Screwdiver - 1696
Aquatank - 1996
Arch Behemoth - 1167
Invisible - 1172
Angel Star - 1173

Between now and the next checkpoint, I will continue to grind for the items mentioned above.
I'm that completist gamer who always tries to maximize values in video games.

User Info: Dumbledorf

Dumbledorf
1 month ago#222
NCSledge posted...
Dumbledorf posted...
Do you play any MMOs? I feel like an MMO would fit you a lot better than these types of games because of your "completionist" mindset.

I wouldn't necessarily agree that they fit better than. Maybe they fit just as well, but RPGs are often great because there is a limit, a line to be drawn that shows that you're as good as it gets. RPGs like this also don't change after release. Too many MMOs, especially WoW, have this thing where you're only in the top 10 or so if you spend 100 hours a week grinding something that becomes obsolete within months. I know that feeling from D3. I used to be one of the best on EU servers, and now I barely even know the game's stats, let alone the meta.

That makes a lot of sense, I hadn't thought about that.

By the way, MasterPIllow147, make sure to post a bunch of screenshots on Reddit when you're done for that sweet, sweet karma.
https://soundcloud.com/soma/slam-clap-your-hands-soma-track-series-vol-4
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Hotel_Security

Hotel_Security
1 month ago#223
I wouldn't necessarily agree that they fit better than. Maybe they fit just as well, but RPGs are often great because there is a limit, a line to be drawn that shows that you're as good as it gets.

I'm not sure if doing these challenges means you're as "good" as it gets. Maybe as "patient as it gets."

MasterPillow147
1 month ago#224
All right, I just reached the 366 hour mark on the in-game clock!

The Blaze/Frost/Thunder Gem and Mythril Shard grind has been going well. I currently have 57 Firaga Rings, 60 Blizzaga Rings, and 53 Thundaga Rings. Here are my current Heartless counts:

Bandit - 3758
Fat Bandit - 1155
Sea Neon - 3358
Sheltering Zone - 3162
Screwdiver - 1756
Aquatank - 2072
Arch Behemoth - 1184
Invisible - 1194
Angel Star - 1194

After defeating Arch Behemoth #1184, I headed to Traverse Town. I bought 15 Adamant Shields; I now have 26 of them. I synthesized 5 Rune Armlets, 9 Mythril, 2 AP Ups, and 5 Ribbons; I now have 68 Rune Armlets and 56 Ribbons. I used the AP Ups on Donald, which increased his natural max AP to 41. After that, I returned to End of the World.

Between now and the next checkpoint, I will continue the Blaze/Frost/Thunder Gem and Mythril Shard grind.

MasterPillow147
4 weeks ago#225
All right, I just reached the 368 hour mark on the in-game clock!

I'm still grinding for Blaze/Frost/Thunder Gems and Mythril Shards at End of the World. I currently have 58 Firaga Rings, 62 Blizzaga Rings, and 56 Thundaga Rings. Here are my current Heartless counts for this partition:

Bandit - 3918
Fat Bandit - 1203
Sea Neon - 3466
Sheltering Zone - 3261
Screwdiver - 1808
Aquatank - 2138
Arch Behemoth - 1201
Invisible - 1224
Angel Star - 1224

Between now and the next checkpoint, I will continue to grind for Blaze/Frost/Thunder Gems and Mythril Shards.

User Info: shout12345

shout12345
3 weeks ago#226
Jesus, still at it! I'm f***ing impressed, this is the first time I've checked in since December 2016 because I was looking through my bookmarks and happened upon this again. Keep it up man, and if you're interested in answering questions to break up the monotony of the task, do you have any favorite podcasts /YouTube channels that you watch while you play KH?

If you like movies, Everything Wrong With is a good channel, they've got pretty lengthy Vida and you don't have to watch them really to get what's going on

MasterPillow147
3 weeks ago#227
shout12345 posted...
do you have any favorite podcasts /YouTube channels that you watch while you play KH?

I don't watch other videos while I'm actually playing the game, but two of my favorite YouTube channels are Caddicarus and Nostalgia Critic.

Thanks for your post, shout12345! I'm always glad to see new people on this board.

MasterPillow147
3 weeks ago#228
All right, I just reached the 370 hour mark on the in-game clock!

I obtained some more Blaze/Frost/Thunder Gems and Mythril Shards. The game froze on me again during this partition, but thankfully, I had just saved less than two minutes before it froze.

I currently have 63 Blizzaga Rings and 57 Thundaga Rings. Here are the current Heartless counts for this partition:

Bandit - 4058
Fat Bandit - 1245
Sea Neon - 3586
Sheltering Zone - 3378
Screwdiver - 1864
Aquatank - 2216
Arch Behemoth - 1219

After defeating Arch Behemoth #1219, I headed to Traverse Town. I bought 46 Gigas Fists; I now have 48 of them. I synthesized 9 Rune Armlets, 10 Mythril, 2 AP Ups, and 2 Ribbons; I now have 77 Rune Armlets and 58 Ribbons. I used the AP Ups on Donald, which increased his natural max AP to 43. After that, I headed to Agrabah and saved in Aladdin's House.

Between now and the next checkpoint, I will grind for Mythril Stones/Shards in Agrabah.

MasterPillow147
1 week ago#229
All right, I just reached the 372 hour mark on the in-game clock!

I've been grinding for Mythril Stones and Mythril Shards in Agrabah. Here are the current counts for the Heartless I've been fighting:

Soldier - 2983
Pot Spider - 2286
Pot Scorpion - 560
Wizard - 2776

After defeating Pot Scorpion #560, I headed to the Dark Chamber via the Gummi ship and saved there.

Between now and the next checkpoint, I will obtain the last 24 Gravity Arts, and then I will grind for Stop Arts in Atlantica.

User Info: Ken0r

Ken0r
1 week ago#230
Surprise surprise I, probably like many others made an actual account to follow your endeavours. Started reading from your previous thread and got to the end finally (I got a lot of spare time during work.. hehe.)

Currently working on platinum in 1.5 and wanted to say how impressed and motivated I feel reading your thread, keep up the amazing work man!
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX
  3. My "insane completist" playthrough of KH1 *spoilers* - Part 2

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.