Gummi Ship Missions.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Alltra

Alltra
1 month ago#1
I've got 3 right now that are giving me issues right now, and I thought I'd come here to see if I can get any insight into my issues.

First, I need to stress, that I HAVE NOT been to Hollow Bastion yet. Apparently the gummi routes change slightly at some point after HB, but I'm not to that point.

1) Neverland: Mission 2
Use 100+ blocks, take off from Olympus Coliseum, arrive in Neverland taking no damage.

I can't seem to reach Neverland from any route starting in OC. It always stops me in Halloween Town, Monstro, or Atlantica. Is it even possible to do this mission yet?

2) Atlantica: Mission 3
Avoid all items, get a score of 260+.

Even using side and backward mounted weapons, I have this issue where I still end up snagging items from behind me if an enemy or object is close. I've tried being more cautious and avoiding attacking when stuff is close, but then I don't get the points I need because I skipped out on so many potential kills. I'm not using Esuna Gummis, would that potentially help, or might it make it harder to avoid items?

3) Deep Jungle: Mission 3
Set off from Wonderland, use nothing except Thundaga Gummi, kill 55 ships.

The issue is that there are EXACTLY 55 ships. There's a spot at the end where two parallel rows of ships come in, and I always miss about 4 of them. The fire rate and range make it almost impossible to get all of them. Any ideas?
The meaning of life is to suffer and be miserable.
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Kuuko

Kuuko
1 month ago#2
Alltra posted...
1) Neverland: Mission 2
Use 100+ blocks, take off from Olympus Coliseum, arrive in Neverland taking no damage.

I can't seem to reach Neverland from any route starting in OC. It always stops me in Halloween Town, Monstro, or Atlantica. Is it even possible to do this mission yet?

If you haven't been to Hallow Bastion yet, it's not possible to do this. You need to progress the story at least until you're able to fly to Hallow Bastion. Also you might already know this, but when you exit a warp hole, there's arrows on both sides of the screen that are trying to ask you which direction you want to go in. So if you lean your ship in the direction you want to go in then you'll know whether you'll be on the route to Halloween Town or Agrabah when you exit that portal. Somehow it took me a while to realize that's what those arrows are indicating. Just mentioning this just in case.

Alltra posted...
2) Atlantica: Mission 3
Avoid all items, get a score of 260+.

Even using side and backward mounted weapons, I have this issue where I still end up snagging items from behind me if an enemy or object is close. I've tried being more cautious and avoiding attacking when stuff is close, but then I don't get the points I need because I skipped out on so many potential kills. I'm not using Esuna Gummis, would that potentially help, or might it make it harder to avoid items?

This mission is extremely difficult. In my opinion it's the hardest one in the game. You didn't make it clear what route you're taking to Atlantica. The route from Deep Jungle should have the opportunity for the most points, especially in the warp hole segment. The good news is that it sounds like Monstro's not on your path to Atlantica so that'll make it a lot less frustrating. Some people recommend the route from Neverland because it's much shorter but it'll require much more precise play as well. I had more success with Deep Jungle (Except for Monstro making me redo it 5 times). I didn't use an esuna gummi and I'm not sure if there's a lot of hidden objects on the way to make it worth it.

What I recommend is squeeze a few Thunder G's into your ship. You want quick firepower so that you can kill ships and objects as far away as you can. It's too risky to kill ships that are close to you because you might automatically grab the item they drop. The Deep Jungle path has far more than enough ships/objects to blow up to reach the score threshold so don't sweat it if you need to completely ignore a wave of ships because they got too close before you could shoot them. I'd also try to squeeze in a shield gummi so that your tiny ship can at least take a few hits but that's your call. Don't forget that every single object that you can destroy will give you a point. So when there's no ships to destroy, aim at the big meteors and the small square things. Big meteors drop items so you have to be a bit careful but some square things don't drop anything depending on their color. If Ultima-G works for you then it might be good to throw on one of those so that you can kill things from far away but for some reason for me, the lasers always just get stuck finding a target. Comet G's work a lot better for me and you can try those out. If it'll fit on then it's good to waste all that Power meter on something. Last tip is try to squeeze a transform gummi on so you can transform into a bulkier ship and just cruise in a corner without shooting anything once you've hit the point threshold.

Alltra posted...
3) Deep Jungle: Mission 3
Set off from Wonderland, use nothing except Thundaga Gummi, kill 55 ships.

Honestly, I don't remember having any trouble on this one at all. Maybe post-Hallow Bastion there will be more ships because I don't think I tried extremely hard to be so precise.
http://i.imgur.com/dzGMd.jpg

Kuuko
1 month ago#3
Oh and one final tip. Please for your own sake, change the controls to make it more comfortable to hold shoot and brake at the same time. Make brake a shoulder button or something. Trying to do all of the Gummi missions in 1 day with the terrible default control scheme made me feel like I was on the verge of developing carpal tunnel.

Alltra
1 month ago#4
So disappointed. I had number 2 down pat, there was no way I wouldn't achieve it, but then monstro popped up and ruined the run.

Kuuko
1 month ago#5
Yeah, I've seen people say it's a 50% chance Monstro will show up but it definitely does not seem like that in reality. Atlantica mission 3 is easily the stupidest thing in the game.

Alltra
1 month ago#6
It's irritating because I'd have finished it several times already potentially if not for Monstro.

Interesting question, could I run the route backwards? Start in Atlantica and end in Deep Jungle/Agrabah. That would help, since Monstro's potential appearance happens early.

User Info: MasterPillow147

MasterPillow147
1 month ago#7
Alltra posted...
Interesting question, could I run the route backwards? Start in Atlantica and end in Deep Jungle/Agrabah. That would help, since Monstro's potential appearance happens early.

In order to complete a Gummi mission for a world, that world has to be your destination, not your starting point. So I'm afraid you'll just have to keep taking your chances with Monstro, unfortunately.

If you play through the game again, make sure that you head towards Halloween Town upon leaving Agrabah, not Atlantica. If Monstro frustrates you too much, you may have to try starting a new game so that you can move Monstro closer to Halloween Town.
I'm that completist gamer who always tries to maximize values in video games.

User Info: Hotel_Security

Hotel_Security
1 month ago#8
Yeah, I've seen people say it's a 50% chance Monstro will show up but it definitely does not seem like that in reality. Atlantica mission 3 is easily the stupidest thing in the game.

I lucked out in that I always try to go to Halloweentown before Atlantica so I had Monstro on that route instead. It would have been a nightmare to have him on the Atlantica route and ruining the few runs where I actually made it through. Good luck, sir.

Alltra
1 month ago#9
Oh, I already beat it a few days ago. Not sure if I want to keep trying for 3 though, it looks easier later.

Alltra
1 month ago#10
TT M3 is bulls***.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.