Pawn for a Sorcerer?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Karathrax

Karathrax
3 years ago#11
Go to the Encampment, and standing next to the Riftstone in the back of the Innkeeper's tent is this elderly pawn by the name of Johnathan. For a fee of RC, he will sell you Inclination potions.

If you're short of RC, buy 3 Challenger and 5 Utilitarian and drink all of each type in the reverse order you want them expressed in your pawn.

For a Sorcerer, I like running Utilitarian/Challenger/Mitigator.
For a Ranger, I like running Challenger/Mitigator/Utilitarian.

The inclination forcing trick I found while playing DD doesn't seem to stick as well in DA due to several things, primarily because of all the vocation switching during purifications. I reestablish my Ranger main pawn's existing inclinations after purification vocation switching with one Challenger potion and that seems to keep him stable. The forcing trick I initially found was drinking fifteen each of the three inclinations you want expressed (yes, the tertiary has an affect on your pawn's behavior) in a group, in the reverse order.

So, if I want Challenger/Mitigator/Utilitarian, I now drink 11 Utilitarian, 13 Mitigator and 15 Challenger. That reinforces the behaviors I want from my Ranger, which is shooting that bow more than dagger use-- just like I trained him to do. It's also why I don't equip a dagger skill ring on him, because it overrides all his training and those inclinations.
GT/PSN: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
new characterafatalkiss42/19 5:50PM