Spellcasters: Which Leg Armor Enhancement Do You Prefer?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Spellcasters: Which Leg Armor Enhancement Do You Prefer?

User Info: Akatsuki-Kikumi

Akatsuki-Kikumi
4 years ago#1
Hello Sorcerers. If you had to choose between the following two bonus enhancements (for Lv.3 BBI leg armors), which would be your choice and why? I will consider your input when it comes time for me to choose one over the other:

1. "Increases maximum item-carrying capacity." -- Increases weight limit by 20.

2. "Boosts movement speed while casting spells."
-- Increase movement speed while preparing spell till release, like Gicel or Seism for example.
-- Do not work if spell is already released and active, like Fulmination.

My arisen weighs below 50 kg and therefore she becomes encumbered rather easily. I can try to mitigate this with Sinew augment but that would take up a precious Augment slot (and we are limited to only 6 slots).

It should be noted that increasing the weight limit by 20 is NOT the same as increasing the Very Light category by 20 which is what Sinew does.

I observed that the movement speed boost (due to enhancement #2) during spell casting is very significant so much so that it's actually feasible to avoid/dodge incoming attacks while you're casting a spell.
PSN: Akatsuki-Kikume | Pawn: -Kiku- Lv.57 Ranger (Utilitarian/Challenger/Mitigator)
[ Tenfold Flurry | Spiral Arrow | Deathly Arrow ]

User Info: dicemanxx

dicemanxx
4 years ago#2
When I play I'm an obsessive collector of items even though I don't actually need most of them. Therefore, I only use lv.3 Boots with the boost to carry weight. Nothing else comes close.
Celeste lvl200 Strider Ranked #1 (PSN: Sellomar) http://i.imgur.com/3lmBDTX.jpg
Arianne lvl200 Ranger Ranked #2 (PSN: dice1221) http://i.imgur.com/XkHlPQ2.jpg

User Info: tritiumrain

tritiumrain
4 years ago#3
I actually prefer the enhancement that prevents wind from affecting mobility.

Out of the two you listed I would take the increased carry capacity.
PSN: KunXXoichi [Kunoichi - Fighter Lv40] http://i.imgur.com/U6Qdwx7.jpg
PSN: tritiumrain [Koara - Ranger Lv200] , PSN: Hit-GirlDD [Hit-Girl - Strider Lv200]

User Info: Nicodimus

Nicodimus
4 years ago#4
I always prefer the carrying boost. I want every character to be at 'very light' and still have some room. If they get to 'light' during the course of a long run, it's OK, but I never let 'average' happen.
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PSN list - Nicodimus pawn: Tyrion (L200 sorcerer)
Nicodimus222 pawn: Mina (L200 mage) Nicodimus223 pawn: Nibbles (L185 ranger)
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Spellcasters: Which Leg Armor Enhancement Do You Prefer?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived