Carrion Armor Set ... What a Let Down!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Carrion Armor Set ... What a Let Down!

User Info: Akatsuki-Kikumi

Akatsuki-Kikumi
4 years ago#1
What a let down... I just found out that my favorite armor set doesn't have any protection against petrification. I don't know a good way to compensate for this weakness except perhaps wear Abyssinal Outfit and Delta Guard but these two pieces only offer 81% resistance (at Gold DF).

Does anyone know a better to way raise petrification resistance without rings?
PSN: Akatsuki-Mugen-K | Pawn: -Sakura- Lv.30 Sorcerer

User Info: valkyriePROfail

valkyriePROfail
4 years ago#2
DF delta guard+ ancient circlet, not 100% but still pretty safe if u dont want to waste a ring
PSN: ValkyriePROfail / Pawn: Silmeria (max mag lv.200 sorcerer)
PSN: ShyValkyrie / Pawn: Lenneth (max str lv.200 strider) "][" {[]} {[]} ][_

User Info: Nicodimus

Nicodimus
4 years ago#3
You can easily get it from clothing or a variety of rings. I don't see what the big deal is.

Mina is wearing full carrion and has 100% against every debilitation except lower strength. It can be done.
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PSN list - Nicodimus pawn: Tyrion (L200 sorcerer)
Nicodimus222 pawn: Mina (L200 mage) Nicodimus223 pawn: Nibbles (L200 ranger)

Akatsuki-Kikumi
4 years ago#4
The 'big deal' is that I want to use two rings for skills that grant tier-3 spells instead of wasting them on something like 'Ring of Petrification' (if there's such a thing).

User Info: kelt321

kelt321
4 years ago#5
How often do u get petrified? I mean just put a couple of panaceas in ur inventory.

User Info: Falthin

Falthin
4 years ago#6
Maidens camisole df'd gives decent petri resist I think, also one of the capes ( dignified maybe )
PSN Durzo54Blint - DA pawn: Catti-Brie (Strider),,, PSN V1r1d1ana - DA pawn: Snowflake (Sorceror),,,, PSN Azurite_Fire - DA pawn: Sorsha (lv <50)

User Info: ifrit1100

ifrit1100
4 years ago#7
None of the rare tier 3 armour sets are truly 100% resistant. Carrion 0% torpor and petrification. Hellfire 60% to curse. Oblivion 0% sleep and 20% curse.

Just take some Secret Softener and Bottled Haste for Carrion. Or check the wikia for capes and clothes that are resistant to petrification:

http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Petrifaction

User Info: herbiegforever

herbiegforever
4 years ago#8
dragonwing circlet, and dragonwing boots provide 60% resistance each. abyssinal outfit provides 36% resistance. heresy cloak provides 32%. divine embrace 56%.

i'm using dragonwing boots, and heresy cloak with grave, and carrion gear. looks cool, check it out.

psn psywarrior2450, mage lvl 200 Phoenix, hire me. .

Akatsuki-Kikumi
4 years ago#9
Thank you, Herbiegforever. I already have the Abyssinal Outfit and Delta Guard so Heresy Cloak is what was needed to render myself and my pawn 100% resistant to petrification.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Carrion Armor Set ... What a Let Down!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived