Sorcerer skills questions

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Sorcerer skills questions

User Info: LeidolfVald

LeidolfVald
4 years ago#1
What do you think about a sorcerer with boons? And the spell seism..? I see people do not equip this spell even when their pawn has the ring for the upgrade of this spell. What does utilitarian for a sorcerer for as primary or as a secondary inclination? Please feel free to give me feedbacks on my pawn's set up. I want to make her better. I don't like a pawn with bolide and maelstrom spells though, I like gicel and fulmination for big spells
Psn: joe-17- | Ares Nidhogg | fighter | level200 & Psn: yello-23- | Sophie Vlad | Sorcerer | level143

User Info: Illnesssss

Illnesssss
4 years ago#2
Screw boons. Don't need that stuff. Already have enchanted weapons.

Debilitations can be useful though. I've made my main Pawn a dark element spell debilitation Sorcerer. Check her out: PSN JSlither Pawn Midnight
"When the shades of night are falling...comes a fellow everyone knows."
"It's the old dope peddler...spreading joy wherever he goes."

Illnesssss
4 years ago#3
I like Siesm personally but it's inferior to the other Sorcerer spells. Not worth the cast time.

User Info: herbiegforever

herbiegforever
4 years ago#4
seism takes too long to cast has been my experience. i like primary high fulmination, high bolide, high gicel, secondary high levin, holy affinity, high miasma.
gf herbiegforever / psn psywarrior2450 / phoenix lvl 200 sorcerer / utilitarian / challenger / dragon's dogma dark arisen rocks.

User Info: Sephivengeance9

Sephivengeance9
4 years ago#5
Yeah, I like High Seism, myself. And while it is a powerful spell, you'd probably be better off keeping a slot spare of High Miasma, or something.
My Agent Hunt vids.
http://tinyurl.com/caoo5f3

User Info: the_requiem

the_requiem
4 years ago#6
Illnesssss posted...

Debilitations can be useful though. I've made my main Pawn a dark element spell debilitation Sorcerer. Check her out: PSN JSlither Pawn Midnight

Not really, it depends a lot on Arisen's setup, build and party. Holy Enchanted Sapfire Daggers will do more damage than Heaven's Key. I don't recall exactly but think there was discussion on how Enchanted weapons do more damage than perma-enchanted ones.
DarkArisen : the_requiem | wreck_em | Nemo | 200 | Mage
the_requiem | wreck_gow | Arya | 200 | Ranger

Illnesssss
4 years ago#7
the_requiem posted...
Illnesssss posted...

Not really, it depends a lot on Arisen's setup, build and party. Holy Enchanted Sapfire Daggers will do more damage than Heaven's Key. I don't recall exactly but think there was discussion on how Enchanted weapons do more damage than perma-enchanted ones.

That may be so but i'd rather my Pawn spend her time attacking our opponent than buffing me. I carry multiple daggers to deal with various situations anyway and if i'm a caster I can just buff myself without her help.

Different playstyles I guess.

User Info: the_requiem

the_requiem
4 years ago#8
Illnesssss posted...
the_requiem posted...
Illnesssss posted...

That may be so but i'd rather my Pawn spend her time attacking our opponent than buffing me. I carry multiple daggers to deal with various situations anyway and if i'm a caster I can just buff myself without her help.

Different playstyles I guess.

Yep, different playstyles. But the point was that enchanted weapons out-damage perma-enchant weapons.
DarkArisen : the_requiem | wreck_em | Nemo | 200 | Mage
the_requiem | wreck_gow | Arya | 200 | Ranger
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Sorcerer skills questions

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived