One stop DD:DA info, tips and tricks FAQ

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. One stop DD:DA info, tips and tricks FAQ

User Info: METLMASHER

METLMASHER
2 years ago#31
I was just getting smacked around as a fighter - so, I figured I'd change to warrior for a boost in HP on levelling.

First augment is bastion, and it's available immediately, so for anyone starting out, and getting owned, like hard mode, switch to warrior, get bastion, and switch back.

Also helps for fashion dogma ; )
PSN: METLMASHER http://opsc.dark-arisen.com/upload/519.jpg
PSN: METLMASHER777 http://opsc.dark-arisen.com/upload/542.jpg

User Info: NyanTamer

NyanTamer
2 years ago#32
Hello Fellow Arisens And Pawns

I'm am in desperate need of RC and bbi cursed Weapons and Armor Lvl 3

if you help me thank you and add me as a PSN friend so I can thank you personally
PSN:Nyan_Tamer_Mark
Main Pawn:Evelynn-Level 147 Ranger

She is very strong for her level too so feel free to hire her

User Info: 500up

500up
2 years ago#33
I think this link should be in the first post but it'll have to make it's home here on page 4

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/684236-dragons-dogma-dark-arisen/72230828

that's the link to the thread brk started on inclination values.
PSN fivehundredup Pawn Summer

User Info: Karmikazzee

Karmikazzee
2 years ago#34
Farming Death made easy. You should be writing this down!

This will only work before killing Daimon the first time. If you have already fought him you will have to re-set BBI. Recommend playing as a ranger/strider or MA, at least until you have whittled his life right down. Once you've done that you can play as whatever you want.

Go to Bloodless stockade, pre-Daimon, Death will constantly respawn here. Your goal is to get his life down to about 20% of the last health bar. This is a lot easier with a bow using 4 conq's periapts and blast arrows, but no matter how you do it, if he runs away just head through the door to the Sparyard of Scant Mercy then head right back in and he will be there with his life down to where you last fought him. Note the first time you will have to deal with an Elder Ogre, but after that he will be a very rare spawn.

When his life is down to only 20% of last health bar stop and immediately run out the door to Sparyard again.

Important part.

Head back in and immediately save in the Bloodless Stockade!

Kill death. Do not bother picking up any loot, just godsbane, then go kill him again. You can now pick up all loot! When done, head back out the Sparyard door. Incidentally, there is a rift stone right there if at any time your pawns need healing.

Now head back into the Stockade and save. [It is important that you always save here]

You will now find Death with his life back at the 20% left, kill, godsbane, kill again and loot.

Note. After killing him and leaving the Stockade, you can go and do other things anytime you want. But when you want to start up again, always run all the way through the stockade and through the Sparyard door, then back in and save. Do not fight him again till you have done this!

Obviously you'll gain more XP [and thus more RC for pawns] by doing this on hard mode and using a blessed flower.

Note, once in a blue moon he will respawn with full health which means you have to start over again, but it doesn't happen very often.
RNG. "If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all"

User Info: ds_knight09

ds_knight09
2 years ago#35
Karmikazzee posted...
Farming Death made easy. You should be writing this down!

This will only work before killing Daimon the first time. If you have already fought him you will have to re-set BBI. Recommend playing as a ranger/strider or MA, at least until you have whittled his life right down. Once you've done that you can play as whatever you want.

Go to Bloodless stockade, pre-Daimon, Death will constantly respawn here. Your goal is to get his life down to about 20% of the last health bar. This is a lot easier with a bow using 4 conq's periapts and blast arrows, but no matter how you do it, if he runs away just head through the door to the Sparyard of Scant Mercy then head right back in and he will be there with his life down to where you last fought him. Note the first time you will have to deal with an Elder Ogre, but after that he will be a very rare spawn.

When his life is down to only 20% of last health bar stop and immediately run out the door to Sparyard again.

Important part.

Kill death. Do not bother picking up any loot, just godsbane, then go kill him again. You can now pick up all loot! When done, head back out the Sparyard door. Incidentally, there is a rift stone right there if at any time your pawns need healing.

Now head back into the Stockade and save. [It is important that you always save here]

You will now find Death with his life back at the 20% left, kill, godsbane, kill again and loot.

Note. After killing him and leaving the Stockade, you can go and do other things anytime you want. But when you want to start up again, always run all the way through the stockade and through the Sparyard door, then back in and save. Do not fight him again till you have done this!

Obviously you'll gain more XP [and thus more RC for pawns] by doing this on hard mode and using a blessed flower.

Note, once in a blue moon he will respawn with full health which means you have to start over again, but it doesn't happen very often.

I tried this method, but after I killed him the 2nd time (after godsbaning) and took loot, I headed back to Sparyard then back to Stockade. But he's full health???
PSN: ds_knight09 | Pawn: Freyrie
They say history is a good teacher, I say experience is the best teacher

User Info: densetsu_x

densetsu_x
2 years ago#36
A bit of insight into the very first time you rest at the inn in a brand new game, how to keep that state so it's always the "first" time, and be able send any item and rift crystal without getting rocked in the process:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/684236-dragons-dogma-dark-arisen/72437529

User Info: Karmikazzee

Karmikazzee
2 years ago#37
ds_knight09 posted...
Karmikazzee posted...
Farming Death made easy.

I tried this method, but after I killed him the 2nd time (after godsbaning) and took loot, I headed back to Sparyard then back to Stockade. But he's full health???

If you had not completed the quest; Wages of Death5, [the quest to kill death] then the game will reset death after the first kill as a completion of that quest. After that it should work fine though. Also bear in mind, as said in my mini walkthrough, that very occasionally he can reset for no reason. Guess there's nothing to say it couldn't happen after the very first time. Either way, try again, I'm sure you will find it works.
Random Number Generator: Hearing the creaky hinges of the chest for the umpteenth time, "If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all"

User Info: cjchartier

cjchartier
2 years ago#38
Farm the Duke's Guards for Easy Discipline Points (Spoilers)
(I was surprised this wasn't on here already, but newer players may not be aware of it.)

This can be done once you've started the Fathom Deep quest, and works for both you and your main pawn.

Once you've escaped the guards, and jumped into The Everfall, you can use a Ferrystone to take you to the portcrystal outside of the Pawn Guild in Gran Soren. The innkeeper, who's now set up shop inside, can handle all your vocation needs. Switch to the vocation that you'd like to get the DP for, then head up the stairs to the Noble Quarter.

Shortly after you enter, the guards will give chase. Simply run to the half-wall in front of the church, and climb up. The guards won't be able to reach you there. Meanwhile, your pawns will take out the guards, who continue to re-spawn, while you enjoy the show. The pawns won't take any damage, as the guards are only interested in you, not them. As an added bonus, they'll pick up money and loot from the dead guards. (Earn DP and cash!)

Once you've maxed out your DP, or hit the level with the augment you were after, simply Ferrystone back to the Pawn Guild. The guards will follow you if you try to run, so it's best to fast-travel instead. You can "rinse and repeat" for any other vocations you'd like as well.

It seems to take approx. 45-60 minutes to fully max your DP using this method, and will go even faster if you have, and equip, a Ring of Perseverence. Having a Sorcerer pawn, or two, will also help speed things up.
CanadaChris63 / Phoenix / Lv. 200 Strider (inactive) / CanadaChris63B / Cassie / Lv. 178 Ranger / CanadaChris63C / Nightingale / Lv. 86 Strider (until Lv. 100)

User Info: cjchartier

cjchartier
2 years ago#39
Play "The Wheel of Monsters" at The Black Abby on BBI

I hate to admit that, even though I first played this game 2 years ago and just recently picked it up again, I never knew about.

Did you know that, once you've cleared the Black Abby, if you exit and re-enter, an entirely new set of monsters will be waiting for you? Neither did I. The chests won't re-spawn, but the creatures will. And it's usually an entirely different cast of characters each time.

If you enter, and don't like what you see, exit and go back in. You'll have a new group to choose from. I found this to be a quick and easy way to farm XP, and RC, without all that "traipsing around" bs.

I find it works best if you're a ranged-attacker, as you can simply climb up on the high walls by the stairs, where you can't be reached, and just fire away. Pack along a Blessed Flower for even faster leveling.
CanadaChris63 / Phoenix / Lv. 200 Strider (inactive) / CanadaChris63B / Cassie / Lv. 178 Ranger / CanadaChris63C / Nightingale / Lv. 86 Strider (until Lv. 100)
(edited 2 years ago)

User Info: 500up

500up
2 years ago#40
ds_knight09 posted...

In all my time playing, i've never farmed death using this exploit. i finally decided to give it a whirl and I had the same issues as ds_knigh09 was having. Death would come back with full health. I had no idea what was going wrong.
A wise old Frogfondler offered me a tip - don't save until death's chimes are loud and clear. Walk down the stairs and around the corner then save.
I followed the Frogsage's advice and presto, no more problems.

For this part of the miniwalkthrough,

i'd take out the word immediately and wait until you hear death's chimes or walk down the stairs and around the corner before saving.
Maybe its just my game, but it was the only change i made to the walkthrough and it worked like a charm.
PSN fivehundredup Pawn Summer
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. One stop DD:DA info, tips and tricks FAQ

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.