I killed Death,but my items disappeared

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. I killed Death,but my items disappeared

User Info: oldgamer49

oldgamer49
3 years ago#1
I finally killed Death and picked up two scythe shards, one bone lantern, and a level 2 amour. I went back to finally make my armor gold rarefied and all the items were gone (including the cursed item).

I just don't have the time to do these things twice since this is NOT a game I can play with my son. I know there is a topic to ask for items, but I have had no success with it. Last time I asked for an item this way, someone kindly sent me one right away.

Can anyone spare me a scythe shard or bone lantern? Thanks

Why would the items just disappear? I did godsbane shortly after, but my quest to kill death was marked as complete and I had retained the experience.

PSN: oldgamer49

User Info: ACasser

ACasser
3 years ago#2
oldgamer49 posted...
Why would the items just disappear? I did godsbane shortly after, but my quest to kill death was marked as complete and I had retained the experience.

Dragon's Dogma will usually save after the completion of a quest. When you Godsbaned and hit "retry", the game took you right back to that save -- immediately following Death's death. It's still dead, but you don't get another shot at material drops from his demise.

It's not a glitch or a "mysterious mishap". It's a foul-up from your end based on your lack of knowledge.

oldgamer49
3 years ago#3
" It's a foul-up from your end based on your lack of knowledge"

Thank you for sharing your greater knowledge. Pardon my ignorance.

I take back what I said in another post in regards to how friendly this board is. I am sure the rest of you are a little more friendly though.

oldgamer49
3 years ago#4
Received the items I needed. Thank you very much gmoshier.

User Info: GAMERKS

GAMERKS
3 years ago#5
oldgamer49 posted...
" It's a foul-up from your end based on your lack of knowledge"

Thank you for sharing your greater knowledge. Pardon my ignorance.

I take back what I said in another post in regards to how friendly this board is. I am sure the rest of you are a little more friendly though.

dont take ACASSER words to serious, he and the board is very friendly and you get help if needed.
drops dissapears after reloading a save and we all learn from our own mistakes :)
GT/PSN RohrGamer, Pawn Nicki OPSC http://goo.gl/bXDywy (by YoruPoru)
PSN Micster1975, Pawn sheryll OPSC http://goo.gl/04YsqQ (by YoruPoru)

User Info: frogwalloper

frogwalloper
3 years ago#6
oldgamer49 posted...
Why would the items just disappear?

I thought I was being clever the other day, perching on the edge of the rabbit hole and spamming ninefold down into the stockade (You can take five bars that way). When he finally carked it, I hopped down to pick his bones clean, but he must have dropped his loot in the wall. There wasn't anything to pick up.

User Info: YoruPoru

YoruPoru
3 years ago#7
frogwalloper posted...
I thought I was being clever the other day, perching on the edge of the rabbit hole and spamming ninefold down into the stockade (You can take five bars that way). When he finally carked it, I hopped down to pick his bones clean, but he must have dropped his loot in the wall. There wasn't anything to pick up.

His stuff was probably buried in the floor. I had this happen to me too! I went to go and collect the goodies after killing him in the stockade once and couldn't find a damn thing. Started walking out after giving up when Apollo said, "This object, 'tis cursed." Sat there thinking what object Apollo, there's nothing there. He kept saying it so I finally went back and searched the area by the millimeter and found it. Turned out to be a weapon 3, along with a bone lantern and two shards. Couldn't see ANYTHING of them sticking out on the ground. I had to keep walking very slowly until the little name of the item popped up indicating it was there.
PSN: YoruPoru, Pawn: Apollo - Lv 200 Ranger
Follow your Pawn's adventures with my crazy team: http://imgur.com/a/4VRzM#0

User Info: DetSlicker

DetSlicker
3 years ago#8
ACasser posted...

Dragon's Dogma will usually save after the completion of a quest. When you Godsbaned and hit "retry", the game took you right back to that save -- immediately following Death's death. It's still dead, but you don't get another shot at material drops from his demise.

It's not a glitch or a "mysterious mishap". It's a foul-up from your end based on your lack of knowledge.

This just happened to me not long back. Death died quicker than I expected so I had no weal going to boost the pawns rc. I Godsbaned planning to kill him again but because of the quest I ended up with no drops and no double xp. Luckily the next time I got him he dropped more than ever so I guess it all evened out.

User Info: frogwalloper

frogwalloper
3 years ago#9
YoruPoru posted...
I had to keep walking very slowly until the little name of the item popped up indicating it was there.

Ah! I bet that's what happened then. I always save when I hear him jingling away down there, so I just gave the arisen the old Seneschal Opt Out, and killed that sock puppet again. He only had a bar and a button : ).
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. I killed Death,but my items disappeared

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived