Going to BBI for the first time.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Going to BBI for the first time.

User Info: Wandrian

Wandrian
3 years ago#11
Other bits...

Torpor: Pretty much everything save for Daimon and Death are vulnerable to it, it's worth dragonforging rusted weapons if you're having difficulty against something big and nasty. Strider's Downpour/Hailstorm Volley and Fracture Dart, Ranger's Spiral/Corkscrew Arrow are especially effective at inflicting it due to the high number of hits. Oh, Living Armors are also immune to it if memory serves.

Petrification: Another huge advantage for you. The biggest bosses aren't vulnerable to it, but it's extremely effective for making short work of Garm and Poisoned Undead.

evasion, running away!: What kind of equipment you have suddenly becomes completely unimportant to enemies you're not actually damaging or being damaged by. If you don't want to kill something, just run from it.

health/inventory management: Keep yourself stocked with Sobering Wine if you're not playing Magic Archer(Great Ward Arrow is a free Sobering Wine). Don't waste curatives on pawns unless their niche is vital to beating an enemy you want to beat, save for Secret Softener/Cockatrice Liquor. Petrification is unacceptable, as is pawns being forfeited. Otherwise, reviving them will give them a bottomless supply of health and you can't take two steps through the isle without bumpig into a riftstone for 100% health recovery for them: repair every one of them that you come across and use them instead of health recovery on your pawns. Except when facing a boss, always go into boss fights with a party as healthy as possible.

All of that in these two posts is why BBI isn't hard even for someone like me that isn't good at the game. It's just like the G.I. Joe guys say: knowing is half the battle. It really is in this case.

User Info: midgit_ninja1

midgit_ninja1
3 years ago#12
Evil_Sandwich posted...
BBI is harder than Dark Souls 1 and 2 combined because it is literally broken and unfun.

Enemies are stupidly overpowered and cheap.

This made me lol VERY HARD!
"BBI is harder than dark souls 1 and 2 combined" This is purely opinion based, to me dark souls 1 and 2 provided an average challenge and bbi provided a mediocre challenge. "Because it is literally broken" Ok, this is by a fact not true. The place is no where near broken. "And unfun" Again this is opnion based, to other people (such as me) I find this place quite fun! "Enemies are stupidly overpowered and cheap" Overpowered? No way, cheap? Maybe...
PSN: MUTTEE | Pawn: Charlotte

User Info: _NeroZero_

_NeroZero_
3 years ago#13
midgit_ninja1 posted...
"Enemies are stupidly overpowered and cheap" Overpowered? No way, cheap? Maybe...

The first time I had an Elder Ogre and a Garm spawn on me, I had literally zero idea on how to dispatch them efficently. Against the Ogre, I was MA, and the battle took some good 10 minutes and a couple of Pawns being revived. Against the Garm ("Wow, this thing is MUCH bigger than I thought!"), I was a Strider busy with killing the Cyclops in the Garden of Ignomity. When I saw my friend's pawn Ventus cling onto the Garm and the thing not even bothering about him, I went for the climb, Thousand Kisses, dead within two minutes. Not even sure the thing managed to land a single attack on anyone.

Haven't fought Death or Cursed Dragons yet, though, so I guess I just got the easiest of the bunch so far...
Be kind to people.They're outnumbering you from 8 billion to one.
"I'm dual-shocked by that statement" - adam_kps2

midgit_ninja1
3 years ago#14
_NeroZero_ posted...
midgit_ninja1 posted...
"Enemies are stupidly overpowered and cheap" Overpowered? No way, cheap? Maybe...

The first time I had an Elder Ogre and a Garm spawn on me, I had literally zero idea on how to dispatch them efficently. Against the Ogre, I was MA, and the battle took some good 10 minutes and a couple of Pawns being revived. Against the Garm ("Wow, this thing is MUCH bigger than I thought!"), I was a Strider busy with killing the Cyclops in the Garden of Ignomity. When I saw my friend's pawn Ventus cling onto the Garm and the thing not even bothering about him, I went for the climb, Thousand Kisses, dead within two minutes. Not even sure the thing managed to land a single attack on anyone.

Haven't fought Death or Cursed Dragons yet, though, so I guess I just got the easiest of the bunch so far...

Exactly my point, thank you for enforcing my point. As Nero says some of the corpse feeder enemies he spawned were even easy(ish) for him. And corpse feeders were meant to be some of the harder enemies in bbi.

User Info: Forum_Pirate

Forum_Pirate
3 years ago#15
Yeah, no. Between the group combat oriented mechanics, powerful bows, evasion not costing stamina, perfect blocking not costing stamina, healing being instant, weapons having infinite durability, spells having unlimited casts, preapt stacking, autosaves at like every doorway and the everpresent option to just not fight all but like 3 bosses, bbi really isn't terribly difficult. Just pick your battles wisely until you get good gear and you'll be fine.

Basically, if you aren't doing significant damage, run away.

midgit_ninja1
3 years ago#16
Forum_Pirate posted...
Yeah, no. Between the group combat oriented mechanics, powerful bows, evasion not costing stamina, perfect blocking not costing stamina, healing being instant, weapons having infinite durability, spells having unlimited casts, preapt stacking, autosaves at like every doorway and the everpresent option to just not fight all but like 3 bosses, bbi really isn't terribly difficult. Just pick your battles wisely until you get good gear and you'll be fine.

Basically, if you aren't doing significant damage, run away.

Yeah, not like dark souls with permanent aggresion mod...lol the horrors of that black knight in undead burg...

User Info: Evil_Sandwich

Evil_Sandwich
3 years ago#17
guys it's not that BBI enemies are hard to kill

it's just completely idiotic that I can STILL be one-shot out of nowhere with the best armor in the game on...

^ this is what is broken
3DS Friend Code: 1349 - 6994 - 1555
Friend Safari Poison: Kakuna, Ariados, and Muk; PSN: FatSabreToothCat; Pawn: Mistwalker (level 200 Sorceress)

User Info: Wandrian

Wandrian
3 years ago#18
Enemies seem a lot less overpowered when you don't let them hit you. I'm bad at this game and I can still clear out BBI on hard doing 99% of all the work for the pack mul---I mean party and I'm generally only needing one or two healing items by the time I get to Daimon. If I can do that, anyone can. Well, maybe quadriplegics would be a good exception. You're not a quadriplegic, are you? Those people give me the willies.

User Info: m_artist200

m_artist200
3 years ago#19
If you can, grab sancutary. Its an absoute lifesaver. Even with mediocre gear, everthing, EVERYTHING will deal all of 1 damage with physical attacks. Bosses might get lucky and do all of 70 points of damage or so with a strong attack. On hard mode. I'd imagine everything, even magic attacks, deal almost no damage on normal mode.

You need to have the 9th mystic knight rank to get it, I think.

Other tips:
Holy weapons are useful as there are a lot of things weak to holy in the earlier parts of BBI (the gazer, cursed dragons, undead). Things that are resistant to it though (ex: maneaters, death I think too?) are going to be impossible to kill with holy weapons, so you may need to carry a backup weapon.

When fighting maneaters, pay attention to the ground. They'll occassionally show a dark circle-radius in an area. Get out of that circle!

Unlocking predation can be an easy way to restore health if your damage output is high enough. Or you run across a room full of spiders/bats. 100 hp per kill!
Slow down, buddy! Just because people can read it doesnt mean it isnt crap! - Kailat777
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Going to BBI for the first time.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived