Dark Arisen's Funniest Home Videos

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Dark Arisen's Funniest Home Videos

User Info: 500up

500up
2 years ago#1
So the title is a bit misleading - none of the videos are particularly funny but I thought i would create a thread to post the videos instead of scattering them through the opsc thread.

Most of the videos will be similar fights/areas and i will try to mix in as many different pawns as i can. When i post here i'll give a brief description of the fights and the fighters, on my actual video page the titles contain the names of pawns and the main fight(s).

After the APC, I decided to get an elgato as i really liked what Ard had done. All his videos are fantastic and while i know my videos are no where near as polished as his, I figured there's probably a few more people like me who would like to see their own pawns and other pawns in action.

This is the link to Ard's videos. I post this first because his videos are excellent.
https://www.youtube.com/user/ardpsiko

This is the link to my videos
http://www.dailymotion.com/user/fivehundredup/1

Dailymotion is one of those sites with annoying flash ads, but i've found with firefox and adblock plus i have no issues.

@frog if you want to post up the videos you have, please do and anyone else who might have Dark Arisen videos, go right ahead.
PSN fivehundredup Pawn Summer PSN Eighthundredup Pawn Winter (170ish)

500up
2 years ago#2
2 videos 2 kick it off..

This is Autum, Winter and bkcirred's kcirred

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2pq2ym_atumn-winter-kcirred-elims-and-exa_videogames

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2pq9ni_autumn-winter-kcirred-living-armor_videogames

First one is exhibition exa and 4 eliminators 4 banshee spawn.
2nd one if the regular LA spawn at the black abbey

User Info: frogwalloper

frogwalloper
2 years ago#3
Oh, nice - I enjoy your videos!

User Info: NyarukoSan

NyarukoSan
2 years ago#4
I fear my pawn wasn't doing great at those videos ... I'm sorry ... T_T
BKcirred | Kcirred Level 200 Fighter
hire my pawn !

500up
2 years ago#5
NyarukoSan posted...
I fear my pawn wasn't doing great at those videos ... I'm sorry

I disagree.
First off, he was right there tossing barrels which is a big plus in my books! I believe he was the first one to chase down the pyres and then he and Autumn killed the banshees around the corner (off screen).
In the elim and banshee fight, he went after the banshees as a mitigator does and then there was no shortage of perfect blocks and a mix of burst strike and dragon's maw.
As for the living armor, pawns tend to have a tough time with them - that's why i like using the regular spawn (doesnt take as long) as opposed to Death Metal (fiend luring spawn). With that said, he did a great job against them.

One more thing - not sure if eliminators are 3 starred but his beastiary knowledge was somewhat limited, not a lot of 3 stars. 3 stars wont make a pawn perfect but it does improve them.

As for sorry performance - just check out winter at the start of the LA fight. I didnt notice it right away but i guess he really didnt want to face any LA

NyarukoSan
2 years ago#6
well , looking at the first video , why I said that my Kcirred isn't doing well is that ... at the Banshee/Eliminator room , as you can see ... there was a time that he dashes to a Banshee but then changes target and then wanders around and then leaving the Banshee alive . I thought that as a Mitigator , he would kill the Banshee first , since it is a lower level threat than the Eliminator , but then he didn't kill it and finds another Banshee and that's what made me say that my pawn isn't doing great . He's a Pioneer/Mitigator/Utilitarian/Challenger , by the way . is it just normal for my pawn do behave that way ? though there are times in the video that he really killed some enemies from start to end of his individual skirmishes . as for the time when he is killing the Eliminators , I guess it was good . he did a good job . at the 2nd part of the video , where there are spellcasters ( I don't know what's their name , those knights ) , it boggles me to think that maybe I should change Mitigator to Challenger . would that be good ? so that he would get rid of those spellcasters first . but my other concern is that , if there were no ranged / spellcasters in sight , will the Challenger behavior be useless / bypassed ? or would it still attack lower threat enemies without Mitigator or do I still need it as a tertiary or 4th inclination ? what are your thoughts ? I could use some help improving my knowledge .

as for bestiary knowledge , how will I improve it ? is there a FAQ about what I should show my pawn to do so that he would gain bestiary knowledge ? like I'd demonstrate first to throw a explosive barrel to an opponent and let my pawn watch me etc etc ?
hire my pawn !

500up
2 years ago#7
Bouncing around from one enemy to the next is fairly common (in my experience). The playing field is dynamic and the targets will change.
As for inclinations, i thought he did a good job with the inclinations he has. You could switch the positions of challenger and mitigator. He'd be less likely to go after the banshees first but doesnt mean he'll ignore them. More important is how you want him in your game. If you want him to get rid of the lesser and more annoying creatures first (doesnt mean he'll ignore the others) then the set up you have will work.

As for bestiary, there's a FAQ thread and in the first post there's a link to beastiary knowledge and counts. Every beast has knowledge triggers and a required kill count for 3 stars. I'm not sure what others think, but the knowledge triggers (in my opinion) are the most important part of the beastiary. So a pawn with 2 stars on a beast can still perform extremely well, especially if all theyre lacking is the kill count.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/684236-dragons-dogma-dark-arisen/70260464

500up
2 years ago#8
Next up...

Corvoid's Akoola and Frog's Lu

There was supposed to be 2 videos but the 2nd will have to wait. Something went wrong with the upload at about 98% (2 hours into it).

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2pr1mw_autumn-akoola-lumen-frostwyrm-elims-banshees_videogames

There's a quick LA spawn (i helped out with a bolide). The 4 elims and 4 banshee spawn and i think a few other minor things.
I'll have the 2nd video up in the morning.

NyarukoSan
2 years ago#9
another question . though I have an idea on why Pioneer is the primary inclination of Kcirred , I just want to clarify if Pioneer is indeed broadens the pawn's area of activity ? like without Pioneer as a primary , he wouldn't wander around a little wider and resulting to not attacking enemies . because what I think of Pioneer as a primary is that it would let my pawn behave to scout more or go ahead of the Arisen and find enemies if it has a secondary inclination of Mitigator / Scather / Challenger and would result to become very effective in clearing mobs of enemies . have I understood the Pioneer inclination correctly ?
hire my pawn !

500up
2 years ago#10
The pioneer increases the range of the pawn - or how far the pawn is comfortable from the arisen. In the videos it's quite noticeable because i'm trying to stay away from the fight, so the non-pioneers will usally make their way back to where i am frequently, meaning less fighting.
In normal game play, it's not a problem. Aside from sorcerer/mage arisens, most players are right in the middle of the action, so not having pioneer on their pawns doesnt play a role like it does in the videos. Although, if you're in a large area and are constantly moving from one side to the next, then the non-pioneers are more likely to follow you around whereas the pioneer pawns are more likely to keep fighting where they are.
What i like most about pioneers is outside of the fight - they are far less likely to crowd me. They'll wander and go do their own thing.
While my preference is for pioneer, that doesnt mean i think its a must have. There's a whole lot of fantastic pawns out there that have never had pioneer in their top 4.

I'd try out a few different set ups, hire pawns with different set ups. See how they work with your play style.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Dark Arisen's Funniest Home Videos

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived