Official Pawn Sharing Club #158

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Official Pawn Sharing Club #158

User Info: Twizted_Jedi

Twizted_Jedi
2 weeks ago#491
Hey guy's sorry I'm late to the party here , I have family over so I'm pretty busy .

The answer for the CD flags is All Of The Above And they will still likely drive you nuts

. Karathrax has stated that the kill count was confirmed on an offline acct at 50 . I Cant personally confirm it because like most of you , I start farming CDs early so I usually have hundreds of kills before I even worry about flags. However I respect the hell out of her and if she said it happened , I believe her . I suppose it is also possible that the KC is 15 and all the flags were seen by the time the KC reached 50 .

As Alice pointed out .. the Fallen City CDs lassitude must be witnessed . And most definitely the Dark Bishop flag . The DB flag can take a ridiculous number of possess/revives for the Pawn to gain knowledge . Anastasia took 9 and I believe that Deianira took 10 or 11 if I remember correctly . As Alice said it is best to disarm the pawns , This keeps them following closely behind you as you circle the arena to avoid the DBs spells especially that damn Maelstrom . If you or a pawn gets hit by that its pretty much over . Also when the DB possesses the CD , Quickly kill the dragon then leave the DB alone.

As Darth mentioned the CDs must also be witnessed in all spawns locations , And I'm almost certain it needs to happen more than once . This means that you should drop bait meat in The Midnight Helix , The Tower Of Treasons Repaid , The Pilgrims Gauntlet ,The Sparyard Of Scant Mercy And of course Duskmoon Tower . I'm not sure if Pre Daimon or Post Daimon spawns are an issue but like Darth said I wouldn't rule it out .

I'm pretty sure the possession breath is a necessary flag as well . I usually strip the pawns of any possession resistant clothing and let them get all red eyed and creepy then use a curative to purge it
Perfect blocks are also a flag . Either as Fighter or MK . MK is much easier if your not great at PBs . You can use the Blessed Riposte as well .

Not gonna lie guys the 3rd CD star can be a real PITA , No doubt about it . Even after using every trick in the book your pawn may still refuse to give say those magic words , And if your doing it for a hired pawn forget it . Nine times out of ten they wont say anything till they go home and rest .

Anyway hope that helps guys .
Twizted_Jedi Rayne 36 Mage / Twizted_Jedi2 Jade / Twizted_Jedi3 Anastasia / DRUNKEN-VIKING13 Nova / THUNDERGOD_72 Aria / N7-Warden Athena. Info on OPSC site .

User Info: Dukon

Dukon
2 weeks ago#492
@AliceUnchained
Just a curious question is your name anything to do with the band from he 90s alice in chains? I could be completely wrong
Psn: Dukon_ Pawn Sam Ranger lvl 200
Psn:Dukon_3 Pawn Sam Ranger lvl 70 (main acc)

User Info: Dukon

Dukon
2 weeks ago#493
Massive thanks to
@andeman123
For 145,983 rc,bitterblack weapon lvl 3, all 5 stars and "is adorable beyond words"

Not sure if this is opsc or not but
Arisen:Tia
Id:nr1131
For all 3 stars and 62,262 plus knowledge on hydras and archhydras

@cjchartier
For 17,170 rc an ancients circlet,bitterblack armor lvl 3,bitterblack weapon lvl 3 all 5 stars and "it has been a pleasure"
Thanks to everywone lads will do my best for rerurn hires :)
Psn: Dukon_ Pawn Sam Ranger lvl 200
Psn:Dukon_3 Pawn Sam Ranger lvl 70 (main acc)

User Info: cjchartier

cjchartier
2 weeks ago#494
cjchartier posted...
AliceUnchained posted...
cjchartier posted...

No worries, Alice. It must be one of the 2 triggers you mentioned. I'm impatient, and usually kill the DB quickly, and don't recall having it revive, or possess the CD. Same with the Fallen City CD. Guess I'll have to be more of an "observer" next time around. Thanks for the tips.

If you've never seen the possession happen, I'll warn you of this. I'll mark it with spoiler-tags in case you want to be surprised, and so I don't ruin it for any new players:
Once possessed it'll very quickly cast spells like High Bolide, High Maelstrom, and Petrifaction/Lassitude. It can speed cast like those terrible Frostwyrms, and Maelstrom can really, really hurt.

Thanks for the warning.

Just tried that out. No 3rd star yet, but it was pretty thrilling. "White-knuckle" time, for sure. First time I've ever let that battle go on for about 5-7 minutes.
CChartier7 - Kat - Level 40 Full-Knowledge Mage (Kept at level for new players)
CChartier10 - Sansa - Level 200 Sorceress (Needs Bestiary knowledge only)

User Info: AliceUnchained

AliceUnchained
2 weeks ago#495
Twizted_Jedi posted...

This keeps them following closely behind you as you circle the arena to avoid the DBs spells especially that damn Maelstrom . If you or a pawn gets hit by that its pretty much over .

That's why I had to warn him, I'll never forget the first time I was smacked down with super speedy-cast double High Maelstrom by him. It's honestly my least favorite spell to get hit with, no matter how high your MDef. is you're likely going to die from fall damage after bouncing around helplessly, lol. Thanks for the confirmation on both the DB/CD combo and the Fallen City one. I also totally forgot perfect-blocking the bite attack.

Also @cjchartier , I've found even if a pawn exclaims "Our meat and vegetables rot", they still may not have the knowledge star. They have to have something rot in their inventory. One of my pawns said the phrase multiple times, I was ready to give up on the 3rd star, and by chance she'd picked up a scrag of beast and on one final encounter it rotted and she told me she'd "learned of beasts". Weird, I know, and I don't know if anyone else has had this issue, just thought I'd mention it "just in case". (I forgot to "mention" you so you see this post, sorry about that.)

Twizted_Jedi posted...

Not gonna lie guys the 3rd CD star can be a real PITA , No doubt about it . Even after using every trick in the book your pawn may still refuse to give say those magic words , And if your doing it for a hired pawn forget it . Nine times out of ten they wont say anything till they go home and rest .

100% truth, probably my least favorite knowledge stars to acquire.

@Dukon posted...
@AliceUnchained
Just a curious question is your name anything to do with the band from he 90s alice in chains? I could be completely wrong

You are completely correct, AiC is my favorite band. ;)

I just noticed this:
cjchartier posted...

Just tried that out. No 3rd star yet, but it was pretty thrilling. "White-knuckle" time, for sure. First time I've ever let that battle go on for about 5-7 minutes.

Ha, I know right? I had to give you fair warning! :P That Maelstrom is a wake-up call.
My only active pawn atm is Hildr at AliceUnchained8
yunabug18 and AliceUnchained4/5/7/9/0 are my inactive DD:DA accts.

User Info: Darth-Simous

Darth-Simous
2 weeks ago#496
Shekhar79 posted...
@Darth-Simous, TBH I didn't really enjoy the epic battle so much, as it was mostly scripted. Don't get me wrong, the music was intense, as was the locale, however, it was "staged". Only the last bit when he was on the large arena with all of us, was superb! Or maybe, the experience was less than enthralling because I was playing a sorceror. Not liking this class, doesn't satisfy my blood-lust. I was more at ease with the Assasin or the Fighter, but I'm stuck with this class till level 200. Gotta be a grind, I'd say. Well then there is the recurring drake fights which I love to grind the xp using blessed flower. Man I gotta get me many, many blessed flowers or the weal items, now that I think of it. I quit once I was in Cassardis after the final battle, so just about starting the post game. Your advice / tips are sought on PM here or on console. Thanks
buddy!

@Shekhar, well, to tell U the truth, when i fought Griggs, I gave Danika her High Maelstrom, plus i had two good pawns with, and he was (almost) dead, before i even got a chance to go near him. They didn't "upgrade" The Dragon for Dark Arisen (but i didn't know that), and the battle, instead of a memorable one, became a chore ... Now that U have already started "farming" the DMT Cursed Dragon, my friend, i thing U will start liking Sorcerer more. I will be helping with more Blessed Flowers, if needed, soon... U R again welcome for the tips, glad to have helped.

Marleytiva posted...
Apologies and thanks for the heads up. I should have been cognizant of the separate platforms.

This game has hooked me so hard that I'm overly eager to to join the community. Have a great day!

@Marleytiva, no apology necessary. I hope U enjoy DD on PS4 & Best of luck there.

Shekhar79 posted...
Darth-Simous, bro I cannot fully express my thanks to you no matter how much I try. Truly grateful for your step by step walkthrough of my first purification exercise. I took a lot of your gaming time yesterday. You also bolstered up the L3 weapon gifts. Your patience and guidance will always be remembered. Thanks again buddy.

@Shekhar79, U R always welcome, my friend, no need for any apology, always glad to help. And many & kind thans for all your good words in PMs...

Dukon posted ...
Lad i dunno how ill thank you for this haha is there anything at all that u need?

@Dukon, U R welcome, my friend, and many thanks for your PMs, as well ! I will be taking both Sams soon with us, as promised. Cheers !

@Kirschan , U R welcome for the hire, i will be helping again soon. Cheers

Detailed thank yous will be posted on #159, as #158 is about to close. Cheers to all & many thanks.
Danika (Darth-Simous), Deianira (Darth-Secundus), http://imgur.com/a/5Z0cq
Twizted Jedi: http://imgur.com/a/c44lw, Various: http://imgur.com/a/6hmqY

User Info: cjchartier

cjchartier
2 weeks ago#497
@Twizted_Jedi - Thanks for all that information. I swear, I have no earthly idea how ANY of my pawns got 3 stars for CD's, considering all of those damned requirements.

@AliceUnchained - Yeah, that Maelstrom wasn't a whole lot of fun. Let's just say that we chugged about 15 - 20 Spring Waters while we were bouncing around the room. Fortunately nobody died.

Considering what a royal PITH (credit to @Twizted_Jedi for that one) those 3 stars are, I'm going to switch over to Charlie as my "main" pawn. She needs more variety on her Bestiary anyway. I'm just going to keep hiring newer pawns, and if I get anymore stars filled out while we're at it, so be it. I'm not going to make myself crazy over it anymore. (I still have nightmares over the "Great Griffin Hunt", lol.)
CanadaChris63D - Charlie - Level 200 Slo-Mo Strider (Needs Bestiary knowledge )
CChartier10 - Sansa - Level 200 Sorceress (Needs Bestiary knowledge)

Twizted_Jedi
2 weeks ago#498
AliceUnchained posted...
Twizted_Jedi posted...

100% truth, probably my least favorite knowledge stars to acquire.

I totally agree , At least now that we don't have to do the Barrel toss legit anymore XD .

I did forget to mention that around the 10th Revive / Possession . The fight gets way more hairy , The DB gets less predictable and a lot more aggressive . I'll usually only try a few more times after that . By then the rage filled curb-stomping i give him is truly cathartic. XD
Twizted_Jedi Rayne 36 Mage / Twizted_Jedi2 Jade / Twizted_Jedi3 Anastasia / DRUNKEN-VIKING13 Nova / THUNDERGOD_72 Aria / N7-Warden Athena. Info on OPSC site .

Twizted_Jedi
2 weeks ago#499
@cjchartier

Your welcome , They really do suck !

I think most of us pray that they just return with a third star from a hire :)

Twizted_Jedi
2 weeks ago#500
Okay guys , See you all on 159

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/684236-dragons-dogma-dark-arisen/76033405#2
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Official Pawn Sharing Club #158

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived